[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What to do when stuck?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: fuckingloser.gif (154 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
fuckingloser.gif
154 KB, 500x375
For the past 3 years, I've been in a rut of doing absolutely nothing everyday and lying to others as well as myself.

I'm a 28 year old recluse who wants to play music and make films. I watch all my peers grow up to do interesting things with their lives but that's not for me. I have no desire to have a gf, a house, a job. I just want to play music. I'm afraid I'm just fooling myself. I'm lying to myself.

I don't want to kill myself, never really had that desire. I just feel fucking worthless and stuck. I sit here for hours on end, just killing myself. I don't move.

I have no idea what to do with my life anymore. I know that if I explore animation and film, it's going to take me years to get decent. Beyond a decade to get good. I feel like I've slacked off in life for 28 years and it's all lost hope.
>>
File: 1463538926270.jpg (27 KB, 333x500) Image search: [Google]
1463538926270.jpg
27 KB, 333x500
Start taking care of your body more. Eat fruits and vegetables, less processed foods and sugar and junk food.

Go calisthenics, or exercise using your body. Add stretching and yoga to that.

Go running or jogging too.

Drink more water. Get more sun.

I'm guessing that your life is stagnant and sedimentary. You need movement. It will inspire your music, and in turn inspire your mind to search for other things.
>>
>>17163147
If you have even the least bit of experience in putting videos together, I'd try posting them on vimeo and see what others think of it. Worth looking into imo.
>>
>>17163147
Problem: in a rut of not doing anything.
Solution: Do something.

It really is that simple. Think of something - anything - to do and pick yourself up and do it. Then do something else that seems like it might be a good idea. Then something else. Eventually a coherent path will form.
>>
>>17163147
Congrats, you're a member of a lost generation as well as part of a new breed of "beautiful ones", that is to say people with no ambition or interest in success as society tends to define it.

If there was a solution Japan wouldn't be so incredibly fucked.
>>
>>17163147
>I know that if I explore animation and film, it's going to take me years to get decent. Beyond a decade to get good. I feel like I've slacked off in life for 28 years and it's all lost hope.

But if you never start, then you'll never get there. Just start doing things that you want to do and enjoy the ride.
>>
how are your finances?

do you have savings? or are you living month to month, pay check to pay check?
>>
get a job. seriously. you'll meet people, get money, might even find some inspiration through it all. lying around won't get you anything.
>>
>>17163147

get a job to subsidize, and then spend your spare time on animation, film and music.

you and I are kinda the same except i actually pursue it. i doubt ill ever make a career or any money, but i like my day job so its not bad.

you dont need to be great, you just need to do it. if you are only doing it to be good you're doing it for the wrong reasons anyways.
>>
File: lost.gif (954 KB, 500x400) Image search: [Google]
lost.gif
954 KB, 500x400
>>17163268
I really do need to get my shit together with my body. Yes, my life is stagnant and sedimentary. I'm not proud of it at all.

>>17163953
I've always been scared to post things on vimeo, I see it as the best of the best type videos, but I'll look into it for sure!

>>17164165
I think I'm just scared of fucking up bad. I mean, I know I already fucked up 28 years of nothing. But the fear of producing shit is eating at me.

>>17164236
You're absolutely right and that's why I feel like shit.

>>17164391
I'm just scared of putting in all this time and effort and producing shit or being mocked as a meme on the internet.

>>17164516
Dude, I'm such a freeloader and that makes me feel like more of a piece of shit. I have a few mental issues and because of that I can't hold a job. I still live with my parents. I don't have any savings, I'm not living month to month, no paycheck; just stuff under the table and art trades or music sessions with people. Mostly playing shows for 40 bucks is my income right now.

>>17164957
I have a few mental issues that keep me from having a job. I'm still trying. I guess that's why I would rather explore music and animation. Gives me time with just that to make money from but I do know what you're saying. I don't hermit all the time and when I get out, I have a fun time and learn something or have a fun memory to write about.

>>17164975
I play shows here and there and little under the table gigs to get some income. I feel like if I get a job, I'm spending less time away from the things I could be doing but I understand the irony of what I just said too. You're right. I don't really want to be the world's greatest, I really just have this weird vision of putting in all this time and effort and making shit.
>>
>>17165178

i think the issue is you cant balance it. i do. i get paid to run a business then go home and make movies, sometimes animations, etc.

i know you feel like you WANT to do this all the time, but the struggle of working gives you a break from it, lets you get a little stress before you come back to making music. good luck
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.