[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I fucked up /adv/. I don't really know what to do >Have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (48 KB, 500x322) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48 KB, 500x322
I fucked up /adv/. I don't really know what to do

>Have $22,000 Merit Based Scholarship which is based on maintaining 2.5
>Have a rocky first semester with 2.98
>Second semester do completely awful and drown in my work. Get a 1.73 GPA
>Think I just lost my scholarship as well as failed 2 classes with one B and everything else Cs
I don't know what to do. I was hysterical at first. I emailed my academic advisor with something like this. I don't know how to explain to my family that I'm a failure. I don't know how to explain to them that they're $20,000 in debt for no reason. I don't want to lose some of the only friends I have in the world that go to my university. I don't know what to tell my coach or my teammates. My merit based scholarship is the only thing keeping me somewhat able to go there.
I don't know what to do. I don't know what to say. I haven't told my parents yet. I honestly briefly contemplated suicide for some stupid reason. I went for a run, came back, and now I'm here. I don't even know what I'm asking really.
>>
I understand why you're feeling that way. that scholarship was golden, man. but you have to accept this mistake and learn from it. you can still go to that university if you want, if you can make it work hopefully. just don't give up. you'll still go to college, but you will have to improve your academics. move on. don't let it defeat you.
>>
>>17162613
The tuition without a Scholarship is more expensive than Harvard. I don't even have a job, and I still can't find one. I guess there are other options, but I'll still be 18,000 in debt and a jobless failure burden to my family...
>>
How come your grades went down ? Did you lose focus or something happened in your life ?
You're not a failure don't worry. Though this pressure might hurt you... can you go back to good grades ? Is it really too late ?
Accept reality. You're not a failure, but you sure as hell dropped in grades, and that needs to be explained, rationalized, in another way than 'you are a failure'
>>
>>17162623
It would be stupid, and avoiding responsibility to blame it on my Ex, but my second semester I sort of became dependent on my friend's company to keep me happy after breaking up with her.

Aside from that I struggled to meet essay deadlines no matter how lenient. I struggled on Chemistry Exams no matter how much I studied. The only good thing that came out of this semester was how much effort and improvement went into being a track athlete.
>>
Anyone mind posting funny things or movie reccomendations to watch until I muster up the courage to tell my family what I've done?
>>
>>17162638
oldfag here, take it from me:

you sound young. forget about women. fuck them, but don't get emotionally attached until you have your life together.

i'm guessing you probably have an anxiety disorder (maybe even ocd). seek treatment while you're still young--and can recover, academically and career.
>>
Usually, even with Scholarships, they put you on some sort of probation and if you fuck up again then you're done and lose it.

But each Scholarship is different, and depending if it school, state, or federally funded it may have different regulations.
>>
>>17162661
If THAT'S your question, you clearly aren't taking this seriously. You should be asking about study habits/skills or how to replace those grade.
>>
>>17162696
It may appear that I'm not taking this seriously from words on an image board, but believe me anon I am. My grades are being replaced next semester when retaken, but the issue is that I may have jeopardized my scholarship, and essentially my whole life. That is planning for the future which yes it is indeed necessary. For now I'm concerned with how hysterical and lost I was to the point of contemplating suicide, and going for a run while crying like a crazy person.

I appreciate the responses in this thread, and they've helped to calm me down.
>>
>>17162703

How fucked do you conzider yourself on a scale from 1-100 ?
Have you seriously consideted suicide? How?
>>
File: image.png (193 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
image.png
193 KB, 700x700
>>17162732
At that moment I guess I would say in the 70s, and I wasn't really sure. Now I'm worried, but relieved realizing my school has a probationary semester. Still worried about telling my family, but less worried now that I know my ambition isn't forever out of reach.

Tl:Dr Thanks for the responses anons you helped me out a lot.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.