[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If a member of your family dies and they don't have life
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: coffback80_990.jpg (232 KB, 990x684) Image search: [Google]
coffback80_990.jpg
232 KB, 990x684
If a member of your family dies and they don't have life insurance and your looking to cut down on costs of a funeral, when buying a coffin is there such a thing as used?
>>
File: FB_IMG_1463663301395.jpg (54 KB, 540x701) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1463663301395.jpg
54 KB, 540x701
>>
No, but you can make it yourself.

Go with cremation though, cheaper
>>
>>17160714
Use coffins? You could probably dig one up from somewhere.*

To our American friends who need humour explained in advance. That was a joke, a pun, a play on the modern idiom.
>>
>>17160719
You're a joke
>>
>>17160714
If you want a good laugh about death and funerals, watch this shit. Cracks me up everytime.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3m0z6i
>>
>>17160719
Any joke that needs explanation is a shit joke. Furthermore, puns are the lowest form of comedy befitting the lowest form of man; congratulations on confirming your station in life.

To OP, go with cremation if you're looking at cost.
>>
>>17160719
We don't need you to explain your joke in advance. Just say when you're done telling it so we can stand up and clap.
>>
>>17160714
Used, not likely, but look up the phrase "plain pine box". This will help.

In some places, such as Catalonia, there is a custom that the children and loved ones of the deceased get together to build the box. Then you're only out the cost of materials: lumber, some rope for handles, and some angle-iron strapping to strengthen it (you don't want the box falling apart mid-funeral).
>>
>>17160714

No one in my family wants a funeral kek, don't really see the point in it since westerners don't actually grieve at funerals, it's just another awkward family gathering where everyone has to pretend to be doing fine, but not toooo fine or this one.
>>
>>17160863
What are you going to do with the body?
>>
>>17160830
What if you don't want worms, or termites, or small mammals getting into it and feasting on your loved one?
>>
>>17160886
That's going to happen eventually, no matter what kind of coffin you get. Wood is biodegradeable.

If you really don't want that to happen, you don't want to bury your lovdd one at all. Cremate them and keep the ashes in an urn. Or if the body absolutely must be left some semblance of intact, you don't need a coffin; you need a tomb. Consider what they do in New Orleans, where the water table is too high to make actual burial practical, so they've had to figure out how to do tombs affordably.
>>
>>17160900
Not true, not if you get the coffin placed in a vault underground. The way they have things set up bacteria will long have eaten you up before any animal or critter arrives, and by then all thats left are scraps.
>>
>>17160900
Creamtion is the ultimate form of desecrating a body in my eyes. I know it is a necesarry evil in palces like India where they judt don't have the space to bury people.

But burning your dead loved ones? Burning the flag is frowned upon but burning the dead is ay okay?
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.