[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
All right, I just got an interview lined up at a place that is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 1443228826367.jpg (13 KB, 200x254) Image search: [Google]
1443228826367.jpg
13 KB, 200x254
All right, I just got an interview lined up at a place that is notorious for having group interviews. The manager on the phone didn't say it was gonna be a group interview but I am expecting it. I have had interviews before but never a group one, how do I survive ? What do I do ?
also no prior work experience so i'm trying to tie this job down and get it.
>>
Be energetic, give eye contact, fake it all if you have to. I'm the most pleasant person I've ever been in interviews. If it's a large company they might have some company vision or goal which you should research online and get familiar with. Since you have zero work experience you'll want to focus on your basic strengths and some examples of those strengths
>>
>>17160249
I don't know specifically how to be energetic or if I am doing it correctly, I always keep an upbeat tone that isn't too shallow or bored and I always give eye contact. As for experience I only have it in labor I have never really had an official job. Do I disclose that to them ?
>>
It'd mention that in your resume/cv anyways wouldn't it? You did labour work, but it wasn't considered a job?
>>
>>17160267
Small time stuff, for pocket cash and what not. I didn't consider it to be much since it wasn't steady and it was on occasion
>>
>>17160245
I had a group interview last week and ended up getting told today that I got the job.

Literally only TWO things you have to do.
1. SMILE. Don't go there looking like a depressed cunt.
2. Talk as much as you can. Make sure you stand out. They'll be asking general questions to the group such as 'what do you know about our company', 'why do you want to work here', etc. Do some research on the history.

I am not used to talking a lot. I had to act like the complete opposite of who I am lol so if you do that, I'm sure you'll get the role.
Good luck!
>>
>>17160321
Thanks, How does the questioning work though ? Can I automatically assume everyone is gonna try and speak at the same time ?
>>
>>17160328
For my group interview, the managers were asking questions and they were assuming someone would just answer them from the group. There were a few people talking at once but yeah, just make sure you're the first one to answer. Also, you wouldn't need to raise your hand to speak or anything like that.
>>
>>17160343
Do the sizes of the groups vary ? I can't get the image of 15 people being a room out of my head. I had a buddy working at the place I currently have an interview with and he said there was about 12 people.
>>
>>17160245
Do you give good head?
>>
>>17160348
There were 13 people at mine. But the managers had said there were 3 other groups before us and that we were the largest group. So I guess it does vary. I don't think there will be more than 15.
>>
>>17160343
This. Always volunteer to speak first. If they ask people to introduce themselves, just speak up. Don't wait for them to have to start choosing people. Most people are shy or get stage fright, so show them you have leadership and initiative.
>>
>>17160357
I can do this, I guess my biggest worry is just talking over someone
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.