[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Started working at a pizza place fresh out of high school a month
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: B8F9mK-CEAAdSKA.jpg (81 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
B8F9mK-CEAAdSKA.jpg
81 KB, 600x800
Started working at a pizza place fresh out of high school a month ago. I'm 18, and I caught on pretty alright. Now, even when I'm not working, I feel tired, run down, and irritable. I never want to do anything but watch Netflix and sleep. I don't know how else to explain it. I've become more cynical and unable to tolerate anything that even slightly used to piss me off. I don't want to hang out with friends as much anymore. The only thing I really have the capacity to do is work.

What do I do?
>>
You might have a low grade yeast infection called Baker's Drip.

Does a little dampness seem to be always hanging on the tip of your dick?
>>
>>17160044
how many hours a week do u work? Do u have any days off? A day off once a week can do wonders
>>
>>17160058
That's the thing, is I work minimal hours, like 30 hours a week, but how much I work doesn't feel like it has any effect.
>>
File: 230px-Steven_Pinker_2011.jpg (6 KB, 194x259) Image search: [Google]
230px-Steven_Pinker_2011.jpg
6 KB, 194x259
work sucks the soul out of you and turns you into a feeble shell of your self too weary to do much of anything in life except drag your ass to work and eak out your dull, passionless monotonous existence.
>>
>>17160061
its normal. i remember when i got my first job at a kitchen i thought i was going to die after every day. i just wanted to hide under my blanket in fetal position and sleep forever.
you get used to it. your "work stamina" or whatever you wanna call it increases as you work more.
its a good thing youre starting to work this early, it will open you a lot of doors later on.
>>
>>17160061
even minimal hours can feel like it monopolizes ur time when you don't get a break. If you've been at it a while, ask for a weekend off or something and plan something out of ur routine. If u have friends, plan something fun with them, if not treat yourself to a game or something you've been wanting to buy and have a fun couple nights to yourself. Work sucks ass, it's only worth it if you get to spend your money on fun shit every now and then
>>
>>17160074
>>17160075
If you guys are sure it gets better, I believe it, but it sucks big throbbing cock right now.
>>
>>17160084
Jesus dude.

This is life telling you you're not doing shit right. No one is supposed to be happy working for minimum wage as a pizza kid. You're not happy because you're not challenged and you're wasting your life in a dead end job. Go to school. Idgaf if it's trade school or regular school, but find a greater calling in life than Pizza Hut. You'll never be happy with yourself if you achieve so little.
>>
>>17160084
I work in a pizza place too, man.
I've been there for almost 2 years.

I don't feel tired like you do, though.
The only time I ever felt tired was when I worked an internship at 6-8 in the morning, had school from 8-4, then work at pizza place from 4-11 pm.

Now that was hell.
All you're doing is talking to customers, and making pizzas, or delivering them by pressing your foot on the gas pedal.
It's not tiring at all, mate.
>>
>>17160044
Are you doing shift work? I found when I was a baker and doing night shifts I'd feel exactly the same. Two simple things are to do are making sure you're getting enough sleep (this is where shift work really messes you up obviously), and secondly, make sure you're diet doesn't suffer too much, I found some days I was having like 1 meal when I got home from work and that was it, and it was rarely a healthy one at that...

But yeah, that's just my experience.
>>
Could be the lighting? Or just the environment.

I'm highly sensitive and stuff like fluorescent lighting, noise and dealing with a lot of shit conspired to stress me out.

Try walking to and from work, eating healthy and drinking alcohol in moderation in the evening if you're stressed.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.