[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My best friend is a bitch
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2
File: sloths.jpg (5 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
sloths.jpg
5 KB, 275x183
Me and my best friend have been friends since middle school. Her parents died before we turned 18. We're 23 now.
I've been helping her a lot, both emotionally and practically.
She has been a great friend, through the years. I've been through a lot of shit and she has been there for me, any time I needed it, without even asking.
I really don't like some sides of her personality: she's very immature, she likes being at the centre of attention, she makes fun of me for my interests and because I'm introverted. She complains about her life all the time but dislikes when I give her advice.

There's one side of me that really wants to cut her off. She can be such a bitch and I feel really insecure and weak around her, like I did when we were 13.
On the other hand, me and my family are pretty much all she has, and she has been overall a good friend over the years.

Is there anything I can do to improve my relationship with her?
>>
She looks more like a sloth than a bitch
>>
*my family and I
>>
>She can be such a bitch and I feel really insecure and weak around her, like I did when we were 13.
It's a natural thing. We hurt the ones that we love the most, and in this case you are her sole comfort zone.
(Believe or not you also hurts your parents in ways you never notice)

Let it slide.
>>
File: Kill Yourself.gif (47 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
Kill Yourself.gif
47 KB, 300x400
>>17157629

Is this for real?
>>
>>17157622

friends go through cycles of growing close and growing farther apart. just put some distance between her and you until things get better. instead of seeing her 4-5 times a week see her once or twice instead. you need so time to reflect on why you feel shitty around her. less time around her and a change in perspective/keeping your own values and boundaries firm around her may save your friendship and make her less of a bitch.

everyone grows in their 20s. if you growvtogether with this person you might be glad when you still have this friend 20 years from now.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.