[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rules
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: 1463371440105.png (2 MB, 1440x1454) Image search: [Google]
1463371440105.png
2 MB, 1440x1454
Just a random question. If i was in the military and my platoon committed war crimes against civilians, would i be guilty of association, even though i did not participate?
>>
>>17157331
Probably yes in a technical or philosophical sense.

I've never heard of anyone getting tried in any kind of international court that wasn't guilty as sin of many direct, personally committed war crimes.

If you're afraid of getting some kind of sanction or reprimand by your own military court that's more possible, though.
>>
>>17157331
Yes, if you failed to report it. That said, it's a lesser and understandable level of trouble. You might do some time in a brig, but not near what your platoon mates will face, so long as you man up and report it before being found out.
>>
What crimes are we talking about?
>>
>>17157406
Killing of civilians. I don't participate, but i don't intervene to stop it.
>>
>>17157427

do something M80.

That shit isn't just evil, it's counterproductive to any mission because it makes lifetime enemies out of the populace and results in more casualties than you'd otherwise have.
>>
>>17157431
There's nothing for him to do

The entire world watches us so closely that every media outlet would be screaming bloody murder if this actually happened
>>
>>17157331
Not of the murder, but a military court might find you guilty off some military regulation about reporting crimes or not obstructing justice. A dishonorable discharge (at the least) would almost certainly follow.
>>
>>17157436
>The entire world watches us so closely that every media outlet would be screaming bloody murder if this actually happened
The US military has killed over a million innocent civilians, they don't report on every case.
>>
>>17157515
>The US military has killed over a million innocent civilians
Want to provide any evidence for that?
>>
>>17157331
You are guilty if you do not report them. Guilty not only to your oath, your country, your people, but to people in general. Please report them.
>>
How is this even a question? How are you having issues not reporting then? This is a no brainer. Why did you even join the military if you can't stick to your oaths?
>>
>>17157331
Assuming you are stationed in some shitskin country, congrats on your platoon mates.
The only good muslim is a dead one.
>>
>>17157547
Because it's common, and in the mil snitches still get stitches.
The right course of action was to stop them, not to just report them now. He didn't take the initiative, now he's fucked even if he reports.
Might as well just forget about it.
>>
>>17157436
>thinking there's a photojournalist tagging along every time a (your country's name here) platoon goes on patrol in Shitsnack province, Afghanistan

Well that's naive.

The vast majority of patrols have no journalists embedded. They aren't watched closely by anyone but themselves.
>>
OPs image is actually pretty funny
>>
File: nukeem.jpg (80 KB, 1140x969) Image search: [Google]
nukeem.jpg
80 KB, 1140x969
>>17157538
>The US military has killed over a million innocent civilians
> Want to provide any evidence for that?
Pic related.

Killing civilians isn't necessarily a war crime. If you are in the heat of battle, the guy holding a cell phone could be detonating an IED. The pregnant nun could be hiding a suicide bomb.

Now, if you dropped a predator drone on an orphanage in downtown Baghdad that doubled as a puppy shelter and Red Cross relief station to kill your pregnant gf so you won't have to pay child support - now THAT would skirting the line a bit.
>>
>>17157331
Yes. You'd be better off joining in.

They're going to think you're a narc when they are found out.

You won't survive to see the court room.
>>
>>17157615
The only alternative to the nukes was Operation Downfall, which would have resulted in millions of Japanese deaths and not just the hundred thousand that happened.
Also, those nukes didn't kill even close to a million civilians. The high end estimate of casualties is 100k.
>Now, if you dropped a predator drone on an orphanage in downtown Baghdad that doubled as a puppy shelter and Red Cross relief station to kill your pregnant gf so you won't have to pay child support - now THAT would skirting the line a bit.
Good thing that doesn't happen, then.
>>
File: Modern Warfare.jpg (102 KB, 700x466) Image search: [Google]
Modern Warfare.jpg
102 KB, 700x466
>>17157578
>The vast majority of patrols have no journalists embedded. They aren't watched closely by anyone but themselves.

You were saying?
>>
>>17157797

You know what I was saying because you quoted it.

Is a photo of journalists taking pictures of a solider supposed to prove otherwise? Are you that incredibly fucking dumb?
>>
if you aren't prepared to become a whistle blower get out of that platoon if you can for any believable reason you can sell to your superiors. you'll have plausible deniability later.
>>
>>17157331
That OP pic gave me Black Ops 1 flashbacks
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.