[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do I go from here?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: animedelusionalhope.jpg (185 KB, 704x3199) Image search: [Google]
animedelusionalhope.jpg
185 KB, 704x3199
>Be 29
>College graduate (worthless degree - bachelor in psychlogy. Wanted to go graduate but circumstances happened)
> Never had a job during high school or college.
>Started first job at 25 at entry level retail. Was a seasonal temp position in 2011.
>Was NEET for a year in 2012.
>Worked 32 hours a week at walmart as stocker, but got fired in late 2014 for productivity issues.
>Was NEET again for a year in 2015.
>Recently got hired for at another retailer a month ago.
>Learned today retailer will likely be firing a lot of people within the next two months.
>Have around 10K saved up.
>No debt
>But no job experience outside of entry level retail (stocking shit and take merchandise off a truck).

What the fuck can I do?
>>
File: pepe sofa.png (75 KB, 500x332) Image search: [Google]
pepe sofa.png
75 KB, 500x332
I mean where do I go from here..
>>
>>17155248

you went in to psychology for a reason. what career were you looking to get out of it consider going back for that.
>>
Buy a textbook and study for a certification. A+, medical coding, programming language, gun permit, welding, whatever you can find that'll interest you. You have a psychology degree, so youcould even try getting into social work
>>
First of all psychology is not a useless degree if you're competent. I have a friend who managed to find a few clients for therapy and wins 200$ per hour. He's 25 and finished uni 2 years ago. You can also apply for HR positions.

I'm guessing you're not competent in this regard though. Tough shit, mate and guess what, no one can tell you what to do with your life. at least not with this little detail. You have to figure out for yourself. What are you good at? What do you enjoy doing? What do you want to do? What opportunities you have in your area? Do you live in a big city, a small one or in a rural area?

Seriously, you can do a lot of things. Learn programming and get a job as a code monkey. Find a job as a truck driver. Sell everything you have, get a shack in the middle of nowhere and raise animals. Go back to college and study to become a lawyer. Start writing and trying to get something published. etc. All you need to do is figure out what you want to do and grow the balls to actually do it.
>>
>>17155248
back to school
>>
>>17155280
OP here. I have no money to go back to school. I don't want to take out loans for something I may not even have a job lined up for.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.