[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Animu
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: FB_IMG_1453483037999.jpg (60 KB, 1309x960) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1453483037999.jpg
60 KB, 1309x960
I'm interested in learning Japanese.. but I don't want to be a complete faggot about it.. how do I do that?
>>
How is this even a thought process crossing your mind? You learn it like anyone learns any language, and that's that.
>>
What?
>>
>>17154984

take an actual in person course at what everl ocal learning institutions offer it.

other than that its pretty easy
>dont try to talk with an accent

weabu will make fun of you for it saying your accent sucks, but we dont mock foreigners for not trying to emulate our accents, yeh?

>dont use anime type expressions

thats pretty much it.

>source: i took japanese for two years
>>
>>17154994
lol thanks
>>
>>17154984
Tae Kim's guide to learning japanese. You need to learn hiragana first. 5 letters per 2 days. First day u introduce urself to letters and the way u write them, the other day u just write infinite number of rows of the same letter untill it carves into ur brain. Then learn katakana. The same exact way. Then start learning some actual grammar, that is where tae kim's guide comes in handy. Cover one section every week. First day u get familiar sith the new grammar, and the other 6 days u practice by finding some exercises on da googel. U r welcome ( i have passed legit japanese language proficiency test N2, study nihongo in high school)
>>
Learn Chinese or Korean. If anyone knows you are currently learning or want to learn Japanese you will be shunned by your friends and excommunicated by your family. Don't be a fucking weaboo and learn a real language.
>>
>>17155277
>korean
>real language
Come on
>>
>>17155277
Yes, learn Korean so that you can read untranslated manhwas :^)
>>
>>17155266

This.

Never got as far as N2, but could probably pass N5 now. I started thinking about taking the test when there were still only four levels. God.

Anyway, like any goal, you have to decide how much you're willing to sacrifice for it. It's hard, and no amount of over-exuberant advertising wanting to separate you from $1,000 (or more) will give you any kind of short cut.

If you just want it to be able to translate your hentai, you'll never make it. If you want it because you want to be in the ALT program and be treated like shit for a year or two, you might but you'll end up hating the language. If you just want to be cool around your anime weeb buddies, spend your time memorizing some core phrases and then move on to a truly useful language (like Spanish).
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.