[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Old people homes/retirement
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: 18k1un0n5vy7ljpg.jpg (72 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
18k1un0n5vy7ljpg.jpg
72 KB, 800x450
Any anons knowledgeable about retirement homes/end of life care?

I'm incredibly concerned about my gf's mom. She's a loser, straight out. She drives trucks but that's not a career that offers her retirement or benefits. Basically, she lives paycheck to paycheck, has no savings, is always struggling. Me, I'm the kind of person who invests in 401k, mutual funds, etc. I'll be fine in retirement. My parents are fine as well (they're 70 and have their shit straight). I don't want to have to deal with her shitty mom when she becomes infirm and invalid, within the next 10 years.

What options are available to poor as fuck old people who fucked up in their lives and have no money to their name when they are no longer of working age? Is there some sort of government program? Government home? fuck. I refuse to support this shit old woman.
>>
I don't know shouldn't she get social security since the government takes it out of your salary?
>>
>>17153022
At her income level, she'd get less than a thousand a month in SSI. That's nowhere near enough money to afford a end of life care, which costs over 2 grand a month.
>>
>>17153026
have you never heard of medicare or something?
>>
I don't know you may have to support her dude. possibly the reason your girlfriend stays with you.
>>
>>17153029
Medicare does not supplement that. Which is why I am asking. Federal benefits do not cover the cost of complicated care, such as someone being so old as to have alzheimers, cancer, diverticulitis or other illnesses which require intense, around the clock medical care.
>>
>>17153036
maybe you should have felt the bern then
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.