[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Voice Acting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: voice_acting.jpg (191 KB, 426x282) Image search: [Google]
voice_acting.jpg
191 KB, 426x282
So it's a long shot to ask this here but I'm gonna try to ask anyway. I want to be a voice actor it's my unobtainable dream that I want but I know I can't make it as a real job but I still want to pursue it. What are qualities I would need for it, what are some ways to start off this dream of mine, my end goal is to work for funimation if I can but there is no way I see myself getting there
>>
>>17152860

first become an actor.

second, abandon all hope of financial security for highly irregular contract work with lots of competition from people who've built better professional relationships than you.
>>
>>17153091
this, its no coincidence that all of the original voice actors in animation were either radio stars with decades of experience or friends of executives
>>
>>17152860
this anon >>17153097 is right man, in audio and music and basically a lot of things related to arts if you have the right connections you can climb up higher. Go out and met people on the field and become a friend of them
>>
>>17152860

>order a quality microphone (drop like 300-400 bucks)
>put a little work into setting up a home studio that'll give you quality output
>learn how to use audacity (open source) or adobe audition (paid)
>type freelance voice acting into google

take any VA job you can get to practice your craft. freelance VA jobs will hire you if you can record with good quality from your home (not as difficult/expensive as you'd think).

eventually you can get a VA agent. the way VA's jobs work once you get an agent is that a production company writes a description of the role and whatever audition lines they want you to read. you record your take and send it online. if you're hired you go in studio and do everything there. it helps to live in the LA area where a lot of this shit is done.
>>
>>17152860

There's this great quote in Genshiken anime.

Its about how there's people who always ask how to do things, and there are people who are already neck deep in doing things before they even realise what happened.

ZUN, tohou dude, basically did that. he wanted to make game music so bad, he made a mediocre game to put his music to. could you imagine going so far down the rabbit hole of what you say you want to do, you become a best seller in something else to do it?

are you willing to be that deep into something? you have to if its an artistic endeavor.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.