[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have a BA in archeology, can I teach High School history?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: beaaaaaaar.jpg (272 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
beaaaaaaar.jpg
272 KB, 1920x1080
I have a BA in archeology, can I teach High School history?
>>
go to grad school and then become an archaeologist
>>
>>17152130
Most high school history teachers in the USA have a degree in teaching, not in history (that's a factoid I read somewhere or other, but a look through teacher records that I have access to seems to bear it out). That's apparently preferred by a lot of school districts so they have a pool of teachers who can be placed into whatever type of class happens to have a need, but if you want to know the specific requirements for a specific school/school district, you should contact them.
>>
>>17152130
Gotta get credentialed first. Try becoming a sub to build up experience while you get credentials.
>>
I think you could. I know in Kentucky you can get hired on with a BA if you get certified, but you have to earn your masters within 10 years of that or you get the boot.
>>
>>17152145
That is correct. Teaching certification is #1 priority. People who majored in x subject have to go back and earn their teaching cert. You can do that through school, or through professional testing (depending on the state you live in).
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.