[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How fucked am I?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 5kiOCX3.png (300 KB, 489x466) Image search: [Google]
5kiOCX3.png
300 KB, 489x466
Ex-Nursing student here. It's a lot of stuff so I'll just greentext the gist of it

>Failed out of BSN program for failing two classes
>Have GPA of 2.95
>Live in New Jersey

At this point, do I have even the slightest shot of getting into a different nursing school that's both close by and affordable? I plan on getting my CNA over the summer so I can work but honestly I have no idea what my prospects are right now.
>>
Is Rutgers hard to get into?
>>
>>17151980
>>Failed out of BSN program for failing two classes
lmao
>>
>>17152076
>lmao

Because I failed two nursing classes or because failing two classes = expulsion?
>>
>>17152089
because you failed nursing classes. Nursing is super easy. Talk to me when you're in a real medical program
>>
>>17152095
Oh ok
>>
>>17152024
Not that I know of, I'm planning on calling a shit ton of schools over the next couple of days to see what my chances are.
>>
>>17151980
If you're in Mercer county, go to Mercer county community college I guess. It's not that bad, but it's basically a last resort for lost people or a backup for barely-passing highschool students. But, it's not bad at all.
>>
My only advice is to maybe think of going EMS. Would need your EMT first, but then could get Paramedic which is decently paid here in NJ. It ain't nursing, but many paramedics I know become RN certified later on. It's at least a 2 year commitment though with school and all.
>>
>>17152226
Also a 2.95 GPA isn't that bad. I think you can get into a college, but not for a Nursing degree perhaps.
>>
>>17152095
medical program is easy. i've seen their classes. their tests make sense. in the testtaking sense not the "i'm going to split hairs to see if you can remember pointless details" sense.
>>
>>17152237
What medical programs are you talking about? Both physician and physician assistant schools are hard as FUCK. If you're OP, you wouldn't even get into one of those programs let alone survive M1.
>>
>>17152249
my ex is a dumbass and inexplicably is now a doctor.

at least medical professors aren't morans anon. i've had this problem while doing allied health programs. the tests are set up in a really weird way that doesn't reflect your understanding of the material. i passed vector calculus & ochem without studying and could make it thru weedout pharmacology because of how stupid and awful the class was.

i'm studying for a coding exam now (have to make money NOW) and the book doesn't even include any exercises to help you learn by doing, just "remember this series of disconnected facts".
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.