[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Getting help through school services
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: comfy.jpg (471 KB, 1126x868) Image search: [Google]
comfy.jpg
471 KB, 1126x868
My uni has a mental health services clinic and my gf has convinced me that my behavior is not healthy (depression, apathy, fatigue, and friends) and it wouldn't hurt to make use of the on campus clinic. The problem is that I'm graduating in a little over a month and this feels like a waste? Should I just do it or am I going to be wasting my time? It's a well funded school so I'd imagine the care would be decent at the very least.
>>
May as well get started. You may be able to get some testing done, at least; it'll be cheaper now than it will be later.
>>
>>17151949
Yeah that's true.

I've just mever gone through this so I don't know what to expect.
>>
If nothing else they can reinforce or devalue your girlfriend's believes. And if you really have those problems what else have you got to do with your time?
>>
>>17152008
>I've just mever gone through this so I don't know what to expect.
They might not get through the testing, to be honest. That usually takes a few sessions, though if you get them scheduled close together, it may be doable. Current practice divides the testing into a couple of sections.

You may be asked to write a very short essay. This can be on any topic you want, but you're espected to finish in about 30 minutes (going over is allowed). The goal isn't to measure subject knowledge, but to assess how you organize your thoughts.

You'll be shown some pictures (not inkblots: we'll get to that later). You'll be asked to write a paragraph or two aboht what each one depicts. They've got a big stack of pictures that they use for this, but you'll only be shown a few of them. All of these pictures CAN be interpreted in ways that are faintly disturbing. You're expected to pick up on those meanings sometimes, so it's okay to write accordingly.

You may also be shown some inkblots: the Rorscach test. Similar story as for the pictures, but this time you only need to give them a few words (though longer explanatons are allowed). All of the inkblots CAN be interpreted in a sexual way, so it's okay to say when that strikes you: you're actually expected to, occasionally. Again, there's a big stack of inkblots, but you'll only be shown a few.

You may also be asked to solve some simple puzzles. These come in time-limited series, and you are not expected to able to solve all of them in time (though it IS possible). How you solve them is just as important as how many you solve.

The rest is basic multiple-choice testing (or sometimes word definitions and math). This part reminded me of the SAT, except, of course, that there are no stakes this time. It's just there to get a sense of how exactly your particular mind works.
>>
>>17152171
That doesn't sound to bad. Hopefully it all goes well.

Thanks guys.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.