[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw almost 25 and still live my parents Is suicide the only
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: 1427939324181.jpg (545 KB, 2000x1200) Image search: [Google]
1427939324181.jpg
545 KB, 2000x1200
>tfw almost 25 and still live my parents

Is suicide the only remaining option?
>>
How about you try moving out first?
>>
>>17151703
Who cares? If you can't support yourself or you get along with them there's really no need until you're married. Different cultures have different values.
>>
>>17151703

How about you start by losing the gay pink slippers, faggot?
>>
why do you think there's something wrong with living with your parents? in some cultures the child never moves out until marriage which could be 40+, and even then there are some where the parents are the ones that move out while the child stays. and even still there are some where the child never moves out, that is their home for life as long as they never move.
>>
I'm 25, live with my mother. I moved back in when she separated from my abusive shitcunt father

Helping her with affording the mortgage, supporting her with work around the house, and trying to support her mental health as she's prone to having breakdowns.

I also have friends who live at home, with stable jobs, no reason to stay at home, but they do.

Don't let judgemental fucks ruin your life
>>
Just find a stable job and start saving up. You've got plenty of life to live, my guy, don't give up now.
>>
>>17151703
>be 28
>still live with parents
>still in college trying and trying for more than 10 years.
>might fail this 2 classes but going till the end
>might repeat 1 class a 4th time
>still going to try.
>be diagnosed with sizures
>mom thinks I have nothing
>dad upset that I cannot drive yet and I am 28

Have I lived my life correctly? I wonder sometimes
>>
>>17153258
allow me to give you an answer

no, you have not
>>
>>17153264
tell me someone who hasn't made a mistake on their life.
>>
>>17151703
Have you not read a newspaper in ten years? The state of the economy means that close to 25% of twenty-somethings have been forced to move back home.

Chances are that you are there for other reasons, which you probably want to do something about. But there mere fact of living with your parents carries no stigma today.
>>
>>17151703
>>tfw almost 25 and still live my parents
>Is suicide the only remaining option?
Ray Kroc didn't get his life turned around until he was 52 -more than twice age- yet he died a multi-gazillionaire. You're unlikely to get THAT rich, of course, but you don't have to: if you make even 1% of what he did over your lifetime you'd still be fucking loaded, and so you don't even have to make that nuch to be comfortable. And you currently have a 27-year head start on the guy: longer than you have even been alive to date.

Yes, you've lost a couple of early years. Because of this, you will need to hustle a bit more than people who started on time. But life isn't THAT short. You have time, but you must get started.
>>
>>17151703
>26 next month
>still living with parents
KILL ME
>>
>>17151703
nothing wrong with still living with your parents if you're actually doing shit with your life. im 22 and i live with them, i dont plan on moving out any time soon, its cheap, all my friends live near, i have a decent amount of room, it would be stupid to move out.
>>
>>17153258
how have you failed a class 4 times? not trying to sound like a dick. i just dont understand. do you just not study at all or something?
>>
I'm 24 and I also live with parents. I lived alone for 2 years but moved back because it's cheaper, I have plenty of space and my parents are cool people.
Literally nothing wrong with it OP unless you're 25+ and never had a job. Then you may have a problem that lies elsewhere.
>>
>>17151703
i wish my room was that large
>>
Man it's not a problem to live with the parents. You could always be a gay blackman living with his parents.
Hope that cheered you up.
>>
Welcome to the same boat as a good number of millennials.

I'm 27, I have a job. Still go to college, or try to when I'm not burning out, or failing.
Shit is rough out there. It doesn't help that I live in Los Angeles. Where the rent is about 800 for a room that isn't located in Compton or something. I'm Hispanic, and in that culture, kids never seem to fully leave. Which is strange to me, since I was born and raised in the US. So I can understand where the negativity is coming from. Sadly that "out by 18" is a part of the old American dream. Shit's dead jim.
Fuck, my gf is the same age and still lives with her parents as well. We could move in together and get our own place, but that would be expensive as fuck. More than what our wages can handle.

Are tou a failure? No. Is there hope, always, but that shit isn't easy.
>>
>>17151703
Quite a lot of asians live with their families their whole lives - their sons/daughters take care of their parents, and the cycle continues.

Only a big deal if you make it a big deal.
>>
>>17151703
I technically lived with my parents until i was 26.
Well, i lived in one of my parents houses, off and on from 18 years to 26, when my dad decided he wanted to move in with me and away from my mom. I left 3 months after that with nothing in my name but $200 a cheapo honda civic and a tank of gas.

I've tore back and forth across the couintry, moved a dozen times, and 3 years later im working 35/hours a week and making 65k a year. Life takes off when you do. start moving
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.