[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
New hairstyle, need help
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 7
File: 2016-05-16_14.05.50.jpg (143 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
2016-05-16_14.05.50.jpg
143 KB, 480x640
>tl;dr:
>Need haircut, not sure what kind to get

I'm wanting a new haircut. I've had the long, shaggy, messy hair for a long time now. I'm not sure exactly what kind of haircut I'm looking for, but something obviously shorter and more professional looking.

I was wanting to get some kind of side part that I can cover a bit of my forehead since I feel I have too much forehead real estate.

People talk about choosing a haircut that fits your face shape etc. and I have no idea what my face shape is or what haircut would be appropriate.

Would appreciate any advice on a good haircut to get.

Will dump a few pictures of haircuts that appealed to me.
>>
File: hairmain2.jpg (73 KB, 675x340) Image search: [Google]
hairmain2.jpg
73 KB, 675x340
>>
File: Short-Sides-Medium-Men-Hair.jpg (29 KB, 500x583) Image search: [Google]
Short-Sides-Medium-Men-Hair.jpg
29 KB, 500x583
>>
A lot more formal than I'd want it, but it's close enough
>>
Last one for now
>>
Alright I need a haircut too and this one is sick so I'm taking this in later today
>>
>>1716462 oops meant this one
>>
>>17150694
You definitely don't have a large forehead, if anything it's too small (chin to bottom of nose, to eyebrow, to top of forehead should be equal in size for the best face symmetry; 1/3, 1/3, 1/3.)

Your face is either oval (any hairstyle will suit you), or heart (the pointier chin may indicate this, most hairstyles will suit you.)
>>
>>17150784
>>17150694
So with your oval/heart shaped face, I think that the second or third pic would look good, you shouldn't hide your forehead.

Remember that this hairstyle is high maintenance, you can't just let it do what it wants if you want it to look good, I recommend the last pic with the longer sides.
>>
>>17150798
Appreciate the advice.

In regards to maintenance, I definitely don't want anything too high maintenance. There's days where I want to get up and go. I still want to be able to do something with it when I feel like it though.

Again, appreciate the advice
>>
recognize that you have a huge fucking nose, a narrow jaw, wideset eyes, and defined facial features.

you need to have something on top that doesn't make all that shit on your face stand out like a sore thumb.

also, these pictures of ridiculously attractive men with haircuts you're thinking of is not a good method. attractive people look good in any type of haircut.

ask for a 4 on the sides, or 5 if you have big ears. then ask for about 1-2 inches on top, with a taper. timeless look, works for everyone. and for you personally, id go back to the barber in another month, and just get the sides trimmed and realigned with whats on top, and kind of get a "comb over" type of look. i dont mean an actual comb over, just a chunk of hair on top, and less on the sides.

you're gonna need to play with it, find out what makes your face mesh. i would absolutely start with what i said though. get yourself a good hair product, and spend time on your hair every day. a good hairstyle says more about you than any other aspect of your appearance.
>>
>>17151262
same person here.

i re-read your original post, and that side part you're talking about is similar to the comb over thing i mentioned. just get some good product in it, and keep it neat if you're gonna do that. dont have it covering your face like some 2005 emo band, imagine if you ran your hand straight through your hair, and then turned to one side so it pulled that direction, then let it fall down in your face a bit.
>>
>>17151280
>>17151262
Thanks for the advice.

Any pictures you have of the haircut you're recommending? "Comb over thing" doesn't sound like the most appealing thing in the world.

Although you say it's close to what I described in the OP.

Aa for the pictures. Eh, it just so happens that when you google pictures of hairstyles, it usually goes with a model with perfect facial features.
>>
File: side_part.jpg (15 KB, 236x333) Image search: [Google]
side_part.jpg
15 KB, 236x333
One more shameless self bump
>>
Bald, shave eyebrows too

Suuuper hot, would bang
>>
Undercut and pull it to the side
>>
File: tfw.png (5 KB, 645x773) Image search: [Google]
tfw.png
5 KB, 645x773
>>17152657
You want me to look like pic related?

>>17152660
Could you post a picture? When I google undercut a billion pictures of hairstyles that all look completely different come up. It's like there's no universally agreed upon idea of what an undercut is.
>>
>>17152700
Cut your hair like Sokka from Avatar: the Last Airbender, do the version he has at the end of the series, though.
>>
>>17152713
No ty

Trying to avoid the whole tribal warrior man-bun look thing
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.