[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, I'm applying for jobs and I see a great one. However,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: Thinking-Man-Rodin.jpg (59 KB, 729x463) Image search: [Google]
Thinking-Man-Rodin.jpg
59 KB, 729x463
So, I'm applying for jobs and I see a great one.
However, after applying I realized I don't see the pay per hour.

I was fired at my previous job for absolutely nothing. They literally came in one day and said I was fired. I was the only person who worked there who for the last two years as the property manager. I get a call for an interview after finding out the pay per hour is less than what I made at my previous job but more than what I make now on unemployment. Should I entertain the interview? I'm not struggling to pay my bills but want to make what I was making previously at the job I was fired unrightfully for. I'm only asking because once I know I accept this job, I'll never have the time to apply and interview for other jobs, especially being new.
>>
>>17150138
Not everything in life is about money, if it's a good job you like just take it, maybe discuss the opportunity of a raise if you're really mental about money
>>
>>17150138
Why not call and ask? Gather up a few intelligent questions to show that you're interested and ask those as well...it will show that you're actually interested, which might play in your favor. You'll also have more info to use in determining whether or not you want to entertain the interview in the first place! GL!
>>
>>17150138
You can discuss salary if they make you a job offer, including schedule for raises -- get any promise in writing -- or any benefits that would make up for the lower salary.

You might also want to consider that if this an attractive but not a particularly demanding job, they may not feel the need to pay more to attract a qualified employee.

Did you have an employment contract with your previous employer? Did they violate it when they fired you? No? Did they fire you for some reason that is contrary to your location's social policy? No?

Then you weren't "fired unrightfully".

>I'll never have the time to apply and interview for other jobs, especially being new.

This is one of the stupidest or laziest things I've read here today.
>>
>>17150207
>Did you have an employment contract with your previous employer?
Yes, I signed a contract with them in the interview.
They fired me without cause. They verbally and in the contract said "we do not fire without reason.". I made them make a copy of the contract before and after I signed because I've been burned by companies in the past.

>This is one of the stupidest or laziest things I've read here today.
Now that you mention it, yeah, sounds real lazy. My bad.

I'm worked my ass off for two years after finally getting into a great position that I worked hard to get into in the first place.

>>17150206
Thanks, this helped. After calling back, they stated that there wasn't room for improvement and they do 'yearly' reviews. After doing the math of what my previous net/gross was and what this job net/gross would be, I just can't accept working a dead end job again. Fool me once, shame on me.
>>
>>17150331
I posted #17150206 and I'm glad to be of some help! Seriously, GL with finding a decent job that will help you move towards your goals and appreciate your efforts there!
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.