[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
so, /adv/ I need adv we're halfway through the year. my
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 1435711049343.jpg (43 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
1435711049343.jpg
43 KB, 1920x1200
so, /adv/ I need adv

we're halfway through the year.
my gf cheated on me in december and we have broken up. we've since been in an odd friendship type thing (lolcuck i know), but with no chances of getting back together. I dont want that, pretty sure she doesnt. whatever, doesnt matter.

im just kind of stuck. I was in an alcoholic stupor from then until april, and during that time i burnt a lot of bridges, saying things that cant be taken back, to many people. my results are now i have maybe 2 friends, one doesnt drink or do anything, other is married. I don't know what to do at this point.

I have extreme social anxiety, i feel like im stuck. I'm deathly afraid of people and i spend most of my time crying. I am sexually inadequent, i feel awkward in bed. I just want to be drunk 24/7, but that feeling would fade, i know it, if i was somehow with a competent social situation.

At the same time, i want that and i dont. I want to be shut out, but at the same time i want to be loved and cared for. I'm awkward as fuck. I cant do this.

I dont care enough for anything, yet i want something, anything, to give myself meaning.

i dont even know what im asking for, im just drunk.

pic not related, i just like it.
>>
anyone?
>>
I would advise to stop getting drunk so much.
>>
>>17149389
What do you think your two friends think of you ?
Also you can try to get Internet friendships ; you won't have to deal with a physical person unless you want to, they are easier to get and it might trick your social anxiety.
>>
>>17149411
Eventually.

>>17149434
Theyre fine with me. I rarely hang out in person with one because he is a homebody, never anything he wants to do and is pretty antisocial and doesnt do things. the second is married with a kid, so yknow how that goes, hangouts are rare because of more important priorities.

i have like, 2ish internet friends who i am very close with, but it's not the same as you know. I do feel closer to one of them than almost anyone else, but it's still just the internet.
>>
>>17149389
Dude stop making so much noise at 3 in the fucking morning. Please.
>>
So OP, what's your relationship with your ex like atm? Friends with benifits? Secret lovers? Beta orbiting? Is there any situation where the two of you can be seen together in social gatherings? Or did I misinterpret, and the two of you have no occasion to interact?

Anyways, have you thought about getting a new hobby? It could be some club- or class-related thing where you're bound to meet new people. Art classes, yoga classes, meditation groups, anything really - something both creative and uplifting, and social at the same time.

How old are you, and have you always been avoidant or is that something you've developed because your aforementioned burning of bridges?
>>
>>17149537
Relationship with her is a mixture of beta orbiting and fwb, meaning nothing happens until alcohol happens, as such things tend to be.

I've tried new hobbies, but nothing really appeals to me. Yoga and meditation are all fine and good, but the types that are into that (majority anyway) aren't the types I could get along with. Crystals don't cure cancer, and my chakras are fine as they are. I'd be down for yoga as an exercise, and meditation as an introspective thereputic thing, but I'm not into communing with spirit beings.

I've always been sort of avoidant. I've always been bad socially, but alcohol cures that. I never know how to interact with people, really. I feel lesser, or incompetent in social situations. I'm not as smooth as John, not as charismatic as Tim, not as funny as Jack, etc. I'm incredibly average. I have nothing to talk about or any insight. Im anxious and I freeze up and have panic attacks. Sometimes I really feel like I'm meant to be alone.
>>
>>17149555
>chakras are fine as they are
probably not though.

Not going to try and convert you dude, but you don't really need deep introspection in order to know where your energy is out of balance. I'm going to give you my two cents, but keep and open mind here.

You're leaving a lot out in the open as it is, what you're describing yourself as being out of balance, and it'll influence your luck with other people. Chakras, or rather what they represent, work in different levels - how grounded are you, how sexual and creative, how well do you direct your intentions, how compassionate, how expressive, how insightful, how open to influence - these are all tied to the respective energy centers, and whether under-active, over-active, or possibly oscillating inbetween polarities, you are not in balance. You don't need to evoke spirits and go full occultist in order to improve on this. I find that you get a long way with language, and contextualising what you're struggling with will help a long way in letting go of the issues. If you're already familiar with yoga and meditation, it should come easy to you.

(Cont.)
>>
>>17149593
There's nothing right or wrong here, you don't owe the universe anything, and it doesn't care what you do with your life - but your will is its command. If you want to continue to drink, do that, there's nothing stopping you, but you could combine drinking with improving on your social skills. Go out alone and start talking to people. It'll require that you let go of whatever's holding you back, but realise that you have permission to wake up in the morning and start working in this in any way you find useful. I'm going to drop a link that could be useful. It's made by some pickup-artist you might have heard about. He's frowned upon by a lot of people, because the community he's helped in created got a bad rap, but his message goes a lot further than just scoring with girls. I have only watched half of this seminar, but it's gold for anyone dealing with confidence.

Language is magical, start telling yourself a better story about yourself. Reverse what you just wrote and tell yourself that you're BETTER than Tim and Jack, because truth is there's nothing stopping you.

http://youtu.be/M-dey66iBcE

Just so you know, this video is only one in thousands out there that can help you with your predicaments. If it's not to your liking, you just need to learn how to research.
>>
completely offtopic, but what's your picture of? I don't know why I'm so interested in it, but I am.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.