[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My girlfriend is barely staying in college, and if she fucks
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: 1461906114864.jpg (48 KB, 650x855) Image search: [Google]
1461906114864.jpg
48 KB, 650x855
My girlfriend is barely staying in college, and if she fucks up this quarter, then she's suspended and has to appeal for next year.

How the fuck do I help her? For me, college is very manageable. For her, she can barely get a C in general ed classes.
>>
>>17148686
Why is she doing so poorly? Figure that out and then you'll have a better idea of how to help her.
>>
I believe that no one is really stupid.
All that separates low grades from high is focus.
Get her to concentrate on grades.
Maybe tell her that you only fuck her if she gets a B or higher?
Like that movie with Robin Williams but in reverse.
>>
>>17148804
Not really true
Focus and luck

You can't really make a person change op
Good luck anyway
>>
>>17148686
Maybe she needs to take a break from college or enrol in less subjects per semester until she sorts out whatever that is causing her to do poorly. Perhaps she might need a counsellor for life issues or a tutor for study skills.
>>
Cheat... thats how i made it through civil engineering.. if she really wants it she should be able to figure out ways to cheat whether its social engineering or using tech..
>>
>>17148782
She can't afford college that well and didn't get the best education in high school.

>>17148836
That's actually a really good idea. A counselor for life would help.

>>17148839
Congrats.
>>
>>17148863

Honestly just do what >>17148836 said... nothing wrong with doing 2-3 classes in the summer to have less to worry about during the year. No one cares if it takes you an extra 4 months to graduate for your "four year degree".

It's also hard to encourage someone who isn't dependent on you to change their attitudes. If you aren't providing her with food/housing/transportation, then it's hard to motivate someone to change their personality. That's usually something they do on their own... I mean I was having a hard time in university too, getting mostly C+'s and B's after getting all A's throughout highschool, but I really buckled down and tried to change myself. I knew that I was doing something bad, but that I could change. So I made the effort to study after every class, and eventually that just stuck with me. Since that first year I've been a member of the deans honor roll for my other 3, and it's really all because I had the foresight to know that if I fuck this up, I'll be working minimum wage in McDonalds or some other retail store instead of a decent tenured position in an actual company.

She really has to be motivated her self. Maybe she doesn't even like what she's doing. Maybe she actually wants to do makeup, and so she should drop out and go to make up school, or she wants to do some other shit like that. you really gotta get a feel for what she wants to do, and whether or not she really gives a shit about what she's doing now.
>>
>>17148863
>She can't afford college that well and didn't get the best education in high school.
What does that mean? She doesn't have enough time to study because she has to work to be able to pay for school? Then she either needs to take out a loan so she has more study time, or she needs to take fewer courses so she needs less study time.

In what way is "didn't get the best education in high school" a problem? She's already supposed to know foundational material for some of the classes she's taking? Then she needs to learn that material. If she's not making the effort to learn it on her own or is having trouble learning it on her own, she should either take a remedial class or get tutoring.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.