[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Traveling alone/stress
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: image.png (2 MB, 2556x1202) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2 MB, 2556x1202
I feel pissed off and stressed out right now.

It took me a few weeks to build up the courage to decide to do a overseas trip all by myself. I have a little bit of anxiety, so it took a while to actually decide to buy the tickets. Anyways, I told some co-workers about the trip and they ALL said "wait... You're going alone? Are you nuts? Go with some friends, you have to go with people! Take some friends, it will be much better"

God dammit that makes me feel like shit. Of course I'd go with friends if I could, but none of my friends want to go. And they spend their money on stupid shit anyways, so if I waited on them.. I'd never travel! But hearing that shit from my co-workers just fucked me up. And now I'm seconding guessing everything and feel nervous as all hell.

Help..
>>
>>17148321
You're doing good. All I want to do is travel but not by myself. And you know the drill, everyone is just so busy.
Have a blast! Your co-workers are tools.
>>
>>17148321
I knew 2 people who travelled alone. They enjoyed it. You shouldn't second guess yourself if people put doubt in your mind.
>>
>>17148334
>>17148337

i guess it just stirred up my anxiety that i had under control. it just causes me to think and my mind to race sometimes. it fucks me up
>>
>>17148321
I've traveled alone all over the world. Went where I wanted, went where I wanted, did what I wanted, and fucked a bunch of hookers. Have fun, mane.
>>
>>17148418

did you ever feel lost or confused on what to do or where to go?
>>
I've thought about one day taking a trip overseas. I've always wanted to see the UK.

If I went, I would absolutely go alone, and you shouldn't feel bad for doing so.

When you're alone you can see the things you want to see, do the things you want to do. When you travel with someone else it's all compromise and spending WAY too much time with people.
>>
>>17148421
Lots of online research, maps (google maps covers pretty much all now), and speaking to natives.
>>
>>17148437

i'm going to be spending 6 days around Venice, Italy. and then i have a 24 hour stop over in Prague, CZ before i head home.
>>
>>17148464
Have fun anon
>>
Are you fucking serious traveling alone is one of the best things you'll ever do, go stay in a fucking backpackers or a hostel or find some work for accommodation you fucking faggot
>>
>>17148480

:(
>>
>>17148464
Dudeee, you need to get a hooker in Prague. Those women are so fucking cute/sexy and will take good care of you.

Not much luck in Venice, but I fucked a married woman there.
>>
>>17148490

how do i do that?
>>
>>17148517
Ask around in bars
>>
>>17148321
I have traveled a lot, always on my own. I've always had a great time. When I felt like company, it was easy to meet some other solo traveler and hang out for a day or two, and then go our separate ways.

There is a kind of international fraternity/sorority of young travelers, who meet in hostels or hotels or coffee shops or at tourist sites, and form instant (and usually very temporary) friendships before moving on.
>>
>>17149241

thank you. I wish I didn't have travel anxiety.
>>
op im doing the same this summer. 19 and backpacking for two weeks by myself throughout europe (i'll be in berlin with people before that for four weeks)

I'm nervous too but like, fuck it.
>>
>>17148321
I used to travel a lot, most of the time alone. You'll do great.

Travelling alone has its advantages:
- Do what YOU wanna do
- Less need for arranging stuff (i normally just packed a backpack and winged it on arrival... booking ahead makes any plans more rigid, and i like flexibility)
- Everything can be done on short notice
>>
>>17148321
I have travelled alone several times and it has always been an enjoyable experience. I have also travelled with friends and have hated it more than a few times, because it felt stifling. That may say something about me, but you can see where I'm coming from. Don't let other people make you doubt yourself. Many people will instantly react this way when you tell them, because they find it unusual or unexpected. It doesn't mean you are in the wrong for doing it. After all, you're not living your life by their rules and preferences, you're exploring your own. So, just say fuck it and move on.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.