[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How long do you give a girl before you flat out know she isn't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 1462630120376.jpg (144 KB, 811x1442) Image search: [Google]
1462630120376.jpg
144 KB, 811x1442
How long do you give a girl before you flat out know she isn't interested anymore?

I started using Tinder a bit ago, and there was one girl who I matched with that I was particularly fond of as far as looks go. I got her number, we set up a date, and then she flaked the night of. She seemed really interested, but who knows whether her reasons for flaking were authentic. Anyways, it was radio silence the next day, but I didn't want to push anything so I didn't bother texting.

The next day, I went out with my friends to drink. I started texting her while I was drunk, and then I called her a couple times while I was pretty fucking hammered. It resulted in her not responding to my last text the following morning, and I'm afraid I was too abrasive or clingy while I was talking to her while drunk. Whatever, I'll never fucking know I guess. It's been another day and nothing, just a read receipt on my last message, which was just me trying to spark another conversation.

Should I just move on, or should I keep pushing the envelope and try to set up another thing? She did tell me I was the first person she actually went this far with on Tinder and said she was nervous.
>>
>>17148210
I give her one collage try and that's it.
You are on an App which' entire premise it playing the number game. It's literally like call-center-advertisement.

"Make the call.
Do the lines.
Make the sale
or move on!"
>>
Am I wasting my time even using this as a dating app, or is it strictly for flings. I actually wanted to get to know this girl, but I don't know what she wants at all.
>>
>>17148210
You probably ruined your chances - your best bet is to act distant and hope she likes a chase
>>
>>17148366

does it mean anything at all if she still checks my snapchat story
>>
>>17148341
>Am I wasting my time even using this as a dating app, or is it strictly for flings.
Flings.

As for messages, common etiquette is three. The second message is a simple repeat of the first, in case the first did not go through.

The third message is "If you are still interested in talking to me, please respond". Note that it is NOT "If you want me to go away, please respond"; that's a serious breach of etiquette, and can get you branded a creeper. The third message must default to no, not to yes.

There is no fourth message, not even an apology or goodbye. You are being ghosted, and there is nothing more you can do. Any further contact will only make it worse.
>>
>>17148605

I completely forgot about this until now, but she said she "wanted to get to know me" before we hung out, through texting I guess.

I don't know if anyone can be serious about that, because it hind sight it sounds to me like she wants me to fuck off, but what do you think?
>>
>>17148210
You didn't even go on a date. Meaning you never met her irl. Meaning you don't actually 'know' the person. Calm the fuck down and just talk to other people.

Tinder is flings btw. I really doubt that long term relationships found through it last longer than a year. I've never heard of any lasting longer than that anyways.
>>
File: UizmfZK.jpg (144 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
UizmfZK.jpg
144 KB, 1920x1080
>>17148210
First rejection or sign of disinterest.
>>
>>17148210

1 minute.

If she doesn't want the dong, she's not likely to change her mind anytime soon.

So stop pursuing her and move on, faggot.
>>
>>17148557
You are looking for signs. Remove her from Snapchat.
>>17148647
Stop reflecting on whats said. Judge by actions. She flaked on you, hasn't responded to her text. Block and delete.

Two pieces of advice for you when it comes to dating.

1. Judge their actions, not words.
2. Have some self respect for yourself. A girl flakes on you man, and doesn't have the decency to reschedule. It's at this point where you think "I can find better girls than this, this one can go fuck themselves" --> proceed to block/delete.

Seriously. Self respect, dude. Don't let people flake on you, don't let people take the piss. If they don't bother actively participate in the conversation and you have to carry it, fuck it, get rid of them. If they flake with no reason or reschedule, fuck it, get rid of them. If they play games with texting, like taking a day to respond, fuck it, get rid of them.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.