[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bestfriends in relationship.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
My grandpa said that when you become bestfriends with your S/O, your partner gets lazier, fatter and grosser, things get really boring. My grandma is still pretty attractive for her age, my grandpa says grandma has a lot of hobbies and friends and so does he, so it doesn't get to that phase. He says, we all want someone to love us no matter what but your partner doesn't deserve to see his gf/bf eat 2 big whole bags of chips and gain 15 pounds in a few months. Basically he's just saying it's not good to see your partner as a bestfriend, as it makes both of them stop doing what they did to get their partner in the first place.

What do you guys think?
>>
>>17146757
What might have worked for your grandpa might not work for you...his was a different time and he's a different person from you. IMHO a balance should be struck between being friends and lovers, and that should include encouraging positive, healthy choices for one another.
>>
>>17146757
If you've ever had a best friend it's way better than someone that just sticks their dick in your hole.

It's a best friend that you can fuck, a couple is lucky if they can ever become that close.
>>
>>17146757
I'm best friends with my husband and I think you grandpa gives shit advice. We've been married for 10 years and I have given birth to three kids and I am still a pretty fucking hot milf.
Being best friends and being absolutely comfortable around each other, dropping your guard completely has nothing to do with lazy people who decide do drop basic hygiene and health habits.
I still want to be attractive and for me it's even hard work to eat all the time to gain weight.
>>
>>17146789
Pretty much this. Pick someone who has standards for themselves, not for you.

You don't actually have to be best friends to have a stable relationship with someone. What you need is a shared goal for the partnership and a commitment to the partnership. For previous generations that meant someone to have a family with.

I don't understand how you can deeply love someone without liking them and feeling comfortable with them and who they are and knowing that they feel the same about you. I also think that if you love someone and stay mindful of that, you want to give them the best partner that you possibly can.
>>
>>17146842
>I also think that if you love someone and stay mindful of that, you want to give them the best partner that you possibly can.
Yes, THIS is why I still want to be attractive.
>>
>>17146757
Your grans have obv been married +20 years so there's your proof.

But...those fogeys are from a different time than you.
>>
>>17146789
>I am still a pretty fucking hot milf.
No woman would ever write this and if they did that's is pretty vulgar.
>>
>>17146896
I don't care. I need to be vulgar on 4chan at least because I used to cuss around a lot and needed to stop completely because the kids came around. It's kind of venting. Plus my husband calls me this :)
>>
My partner is my best friend. Been together for quite a few years. Neither of us want to get lazy or gross for our partner. We care more. But it is important to find space to build other relationships or pursue personal hobbies/ambitions.
>>
Id never date anyone who would eat chips and gain wait regardless of who their friends are.
>>
>>17146757
>when you become bestfriends with your S/O, your partner gets lazier, fatter and grosser, things get really boring.

only if you guys let that happen. good best friends are supposed to help each other grow in a positive direction, not by your width and bacteria count...

i think what he means is to make sure you don't get too comfortable around your partner... you still want to "try" for them and maintain some of the image he/she first fell in love with you for in order to keep that love alive. you don't necessarily need to be best friends for the laziness to happen... it happens when you start to take your partner for granted.

i've always believed in looking and smelling my best and try to be considerate of others, always. it's how i was raised so i understand that may not be what everyone is used to, but i've always been complimented and admired because of it. every single one of my exes have begged for me back at least twice even though i don't recall being that close to them emotionally. just my experience on putting in your best effort for your partner
>>
My SO is my best friend, and we've been together for almost 6 years. Neither of us got lazy. Both of us started taking care of ourselves more since we started dating.

Both of us have lives outside of each other. Sure we do a lot together since we have many similar hobbies, but we spend time apart doing shit the other wouldn't be interested in or spend it with our own friends.

Having your SO being your best friend is the best thing. You can let your guard down and be yourself, and they get to do the same. That's when you learn if the relationship is good and viable for a longterm commitment.

Personally, your grandpa has shit advice. My parents are best friends and have been since they got together in their teens, and the same for both sets of grandparents. It about learning to balance life.
>>
As a guy who was fat a long time after i dropped that weight even tho i dobt exercise anymore because i dobt have the time really every summer i spend at least a few months on exercise

I was in a relationship with a pretty darn lazy girl who wss borderline NEET and anemic but as soon as i got a few pounds i would take measures to drop them np

It depends on the person I'd say
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.