[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Relieving Pain
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: 1456369503204.jpg (621 KB, 973x1000) Image search: [Google]
1456369503204.jpg
621 KB, 973x1000
I'm in some serious pain right now, my arm from my shoulder to just above my elbow is just fucking hurting like a bitch. On top of that, my chest hurts, my jaw aches and it hurts when I breathe.

I'm going to see a doctor in the morning, of course, but for the time being, how can I relieve this pain in my arm?

I took two pills of acetaminophen and it worked for everything except the god damn arm.
>>
Does it affect your legs or lower back? If no, it might be due to rheumatoid arthritis. You did right to take acetominophen. If RA is the case and the pain started just today, apply ice pack on affected area. It will reduce inflammation and pain. Don't if pain bothered you more than a week. You can try majezic, its NSAID, to relieve pain.
>>
>>17145764
It only affects my arm, not lower back or legs. I'll try ice and see if that works. Thank you.
>>
>>17145756

Did you goigle symptoms of a heart attack before posting this? Because these are those.
>>
>>17145756
>I'm going to see a doctor in the morning, of course, but for the time being, how can I relieve this pain in my arm?
A hot water bottle always helps for me. Always. Keep the spot warm and don't expose to cold too.
Massage after hot water treatment.
>>
As i already mentioned don't apply hot if the pain started newly(acutely) like a week or so. Instead use cold. But if the pain is chronic then use hot. In this case op seems to have acute pain, i guess cold is more compatible with physical therapy criteria.
>>
>>17145871
Well I always use hot even if it started just now. And it always helped. Cold only makes it worse for me.
I use cold only to prevent a swelling. If you hit your head or sprain your ankle or similar.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.