[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I keep hearing girls get approached at bars or nightclubs whatever
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 9
I keep hearing girls get approached at bars or nightclubs whatever they do. So. I tested that theory. I went to two nightclubs and a bar. I spent over and hour at each, alternating between standing near the bar and sitting somewhere alone. No one approached me, despite the eye contact I made. So am I just that ugly, or is the theory wrong?
>>
You're a creep. No one wants a creep.
>>
>>17144530
Show us a picture of you.
>>
>>17144530
You can't just make eye contact, you have to smile and appear to be someone that wants to be approached, it's not as easy as the autists on r9k want you to believe.
>>
File: 16-05-14-22-16-00-773_deco.jpg (216 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
16-05-14-22-16-00-773_deco.jpg
216 KB, 720x1280
>>17144537
Here's the one I took last night.
>>
>>17144534
Why am I a creep if I just don't have friends that want to go out with me?
>>
>>17144530
don't believe the lies, the rape culture and patriarchy are real #yesallwomen

you should try looking sad and lonely and someone will feel bad enough to come talk to you
>>
>>17144547

>all black clothes and sappy looking

Just no.
>>
>>17144547
you know, not trying to be rude but a couple things about that picture.

It's a fat girl photo. Taken from above, cropped at breast, and dark shirt. And there is a smart blur/noise dust/scratches filter.

To get a 100% honest respons you need to post a real photo. Full body, normal lighting, light clothing, 3/4 angle.
>>
>>17144547
You probably didn't get approached because you don't give off a whore vibe. The women who get approached look easy. You're attractive.
>>
I'm pretty sure all these stories of women being harassed and approached constantly has to do with a few factors, wearing tight form fitting clothes, showing lots of skin, and being in the inner city where people interact with each other more, and black guys being more aggressive verbally.

It's not your looks because you're very pretty.
>>
>>17144554
Sappy looking? I don't get why. Also it's only my top that's showing, my skirt was red and white plaid, not black.
>>
>>17144561
Well, I don't have a full body mirror so I can't very well take full body pictures. Didn't know that one looked fat, but I'm not. I did used to be very overweight though, so that's why I'm still insecure and prefer black tops because of all the loose skin that look like fat rolls.
>>
>>17144530

Also, most guys won't just actually approach a stranger...

No one does.
'cept for creepers and douchebro's surrounded by their douche-friends for security in douche-numbers.

Generally, for two strangers to chat, regardless of their gender, there needs to be a reason...
Most of the time, when I meet new people, it's generally outside the bar with someone askin' for a lighter, when I'm smokin'.

Or if it's a sports bar, you can generally talk about "the game", whatever is on TV...

But there needs to be some "reason" for talkin' first, to act as a social catalyst.
And generally, "I want to do things to your body" is not a good start to a conversation.;

So standin' there looking pretty aint gonna do shit.

>despite the eye contact I made.
Okay, this really needs to be copied and posted everywhere:

ONE WOMAN'S "OMG I MADE IT SO OBVIOUS" IS ANOTHER WOMAN'S "OMG I WAS JUST BEING FRIENDLY, CREEP, RAAAAAPEEEE".

Eye contact don't mean shit, and if you look like a bitch it doesn't matter how long you stare, guys just gonna think it's a death-stare of man-hateyness and shit.

Damn.

If you want a guy to make a move, you need to do two things;
>Find a good reason to talk to him, so you can approach him easily and smoothly.
>THEN MAKE IT OBVIOUS IF YOUR INTERESTED.
>>
Qt, would approach.
>>
>>17144584
>>17144584
>>17144584
/thread
>>
>>17144547

Well you're not ugly, but maybe you just weren't approachable either by your posture, your vibe or there were vastly more attractive/open girls at the bar.

From what I personally see, you're very plain. Nothing visually stands out.
>>
I'd fuck you with OP's dick.
>>
Definite cute. Don't sell yourself short though... pick a good guy not a loser/thug.
>>
>>17144530
i'm actually amazed at how you managed to shave your bear and then managed to use it as a wig to look more feminine.
>>
>>17144622

She'll pick a shitstain. Have a kid with him and end up a single mom.

Advice: don't date. Go get a life that makes you happy. If someone comes along who would like to share in that life with you, then titties and beer.
>>
>>17144650
beard*
can't even blame autocorrect, this one was 100% derp me.
>>
>>17144547
The exit?
>>
File: plain_jane.jpg (309 KB, 1100x694) Image search: [Google]
plain_jane.jpg
309 KB, 1100x694
>>17144577
>Didn't know that one looked fat
That isn't what I said at all.

I said that photo has a lot of aspects in it that hide what someone looks like. You could be 200lbs in that photo or 100lbs. It's just a hard angle, dress, color, and filter to truly judge what you look like.

from that photo you look pretty although a bit plain-jane. Cute face, but not exactly unique and wouldn't stand out in a crowd.

To counter that you need to create a style "persona". As in, rockabilly, or emo, or goth or whatever. You need to find a hairstyle that works with your features and has some style to it. I'm not talking about going full out half shaved head and purple hair but.. you know what, pic related. I didn't spend a lot of time on it but it should give you an idea what I mean.
>>
>>17144722
none of those (styles, the idea) fit her best than the current plain one does though.
The photo got the fat girl aspects (angle and stuff), yet it's easy see that she is not.. so moot point anyway.
>>
>>17144547
Decent desu
Probably would not approach you unless you where drunk though (Intoxication fetish )
Idk probably work on your ass I suppose.
>>
>>17144551
What country do u live in op?
>>
>>17144540

>you have to smile and appear to be someone that wants to be approached

Hmmmmm
This explains a lotttttt

Yeah.. i'm a massive Idiot....
>>
>>17144722
Strange that you spent so much time photoshopping her.. I think the one on the bottom left looks the best, she looks a bit goth or emo in a good way.
>>
>>17144748
are you kidding?

The dead center one fits perfectly, as does the one es to the left and right of it. The entire middle row basically. The audrey hepburn style is considerably better.

The top row, middle fits as well and would work.

You need to look at the eye makeup as well. The melissa clarke style makeup isn't fitting at all but the audrey hepburn and alycia debnam "natural" makeup styles also work really well with her features. The small "winged liner" on the 2 lower grayscale faces is nice as well. She shouldn't use dark lipstick however like Léa Seydoux is using or the girl below her.
>>
>>17144777
I actually timed it and it only took me about 6 minutes.

It's uh.. kinda what I do for a living.
>>
File: 1418974376848.jpg (21 KB, 396x385) Image search: [Google]
1418974376848.jpg
21 KB, 396x385
>>17144547

Will you be my internet gf? I posted yesterday and my thread got taken down because they don't like hookup threads or camwhore threads
>>
>>17144777
I want to add, the melissa clarke one works as a "going to the club" but wouldn't work as an everyday sorta thing.
>>
>>17144722
Middle and Bottom right look best

Also
>You are Autistic.
>>
>>17144785
Post a pic of you.
>>
>>17144787
I'm going to assume Melissa is the one on the bottom left? If she dressed cutely or liked wearing black clothing I think it would be fine for daily wear. The one on the middle right looks good too but who knows what it would look like down.
>>
>>17144780
that's, like, your opinion.
>>
Like the others have said, you're nothing special. Try wearing more makeup though, I think you could accentuate your best features.
>>
File: image.png (2 MB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2 MB, 640x1136
>>17144793
E-date when
>>
>>17144806
what a small thumb..
they do say it's proportional to..
>>
>>17144806
>i am mclovin
>>
>>17144530
Why don't you make an effort yourself instead of acting like a social retard? You can't accuse people of ignoring you if you ignore them
>>
File: 1461794032481.jpg (7 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1461794032481.jpg
7 KB, 250x250
>>17144813

Nah, I've got a decent size 2bh. I've never gotten complaints in any case.

>>17144815

rude
>>
>>17144800
>that's, like, your professional opinion.

>>17144798
The issue with melissa's look there is it is very time consuming to do. The hair alone would take an hour of prepwork and expensive product. The alycia debnam look (dead center) still takes a bit of time/product//dye but all you really have to do is sleep in some non-heated rollers.

Something a lot of girls don't bother with is filling in their eyebrows. Thin, drawn on pencil eyebrows are out of style. Thick, natural brows are extremely sexy and add a lot of character. The key though is to make them look natural. You want to fill them in but avoid sharp edges.
>>
>>17144806
Idk, I'm not OP, I just like it when people post pictures of themselves online and will always take the time to ask for one.
>>
>>17144806
You seem like you are a bit of a chub chub desu
>>
>>17144748
>The photo got the fat girl aspects (angle and stuff), yet it's easy see that she is not.. so moot point anyway
>easy see that she is not.

That's the entire point of that type of photo. You can't tell.

I have seen photos of girls that look petite but then one of their friends uploads a group photo with them in it and they are 250lbs with crater sized pours.

It's like ok whatever beauty is only skin deep but they are lying to themselves and lying to others when they do that shit on dating sites.
>>
>>17144817
No one would complain about it because, other than you, no one would ever get to see it.

i'm joking man. don't care a damn about penises. go stick it wherever.
>>
>>17144830
may be something mine, but i could always tell even in the most well "hidden" ones. also, i hate fatties.
mommy says i'm special.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>17144822
This is true, but I'm working on it and getting pretty fast results. But I'm also losing my hair so I'll never completely win at the game of life. Posted this one yesterday
>>
>>17144839
my neck hurts.
godspeed anon, you would look bretty good in a ripped body.
>>
>>17144547

Trust me.
You don't want to be picked up by a guy in a bar.
You're plenty cute enough to not have to do this.
>>
>>17144846

One day I'll start working out. For now I just eat barely more than a rodent-like creature
>>
File: 1458246208374.jpg (94 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1458246208374.jpg
94 KB, 500x500
Time for a shower before work. OP CALL ME
>>
>>17144806
Daww
>>
>>17144547
What's with women and not being able to take a proper clear, non-filtered, non-edited picture?

And from pic and comments, you seem both beautiful and cold, so men likely assume you must be taken, a lesbian, not looking, too good enough for them, or all of the above.

Basically, when you go to a bar, people assume it's because you want to drink or you're there with your friends, since you must not be there to meet guys. Only the most stupid/arrogant PUAs will approach you.
>>
>>17144547
I find you very attractive. Idk why anyone wouldn't approach you... Even though I'm an introvert myself and don't normally approach others, if i saw you alone for long enough, I'd probably try to gather the courage to make a move.

IMO you gotta try elsewhere. You won't meet the "right guys" at a bar. Most of them are jerks and just want sex.
>>
>>17144881

w-will you be my friend? You're not a consolation prize, I'm just lonely and want people to talk to in general ;_;
>>
>>17144830
Oh man, a friend of a friend pulls that shit like nobody else. She's easily twice my size but she claims to wear the same size I do (and I'll be the first to admit I have a few extra pounds).
>>
>>17144547
>>17144806
Can....Can we make this happen?
>>
File: 1461907188262.png (177 KB, 367x321) Image search: [Google]
1461907188262.png
177 KB, 367x321
>>17145205

OP didn't respond to my posts, I don't think. It was just another pipedream I'm afraid.
>>
>>17145231
>>17145205
fucking no wonder. The desperation here is fucking pathetic.
>>
>>17145293
There's literally nothing wrong with being as desperate as me
>>
>>17145318
Christ, fucking denying it makes you even more pathetic.
>>
>>17145383

Please don't be upset about my openness towards random people on the internet
>>
>>17145386
>upset
You know, this just confirms my theory on the type of person that replies with "u mad?" and "calm down, why you upset?". >implying that anyone actually cares about anything you faggots do.

The theory being the people that say that are incredibly fucking pathetic and absolutely loser faggots that have never said or done anything interesting in their entire lives.

Literally no one cares about you or anything you do.
>>
>>17145434
Woah there, I'm just having a bit of fun, you don't need to analyze it that much. And to be fair you do seem slightly upset now. Is it too late to be friends? :^)
>>
>>17144547
I think you look pretty and kind :)

I went to a bar alone once too and nobody approached me although I tried to seem approachable. One guy stared but never dared. Ive been told I'm atractive but ugh, nobody even wanted some eye contact
>>
>>17144547
You look freakishly like my girlfriend
>>
Can you imagine what kind of guy you'd get in that bar if your personality produces not only the idea, but also behaviour like "so I spent time sat or stood alone occasionally making eye contact, but nobody approached me so am I just ugly?".

You sound fucking nuts or like you have a personality disorder. Were you raised in a pod? Do you not have anyone to talk to? What are 'guys' anyway? Your attitude towards possession and objectification is typically a male trait and would suggest to me you are baiting.
>>
>>17144722
you're retarded.
>>
>>17146084
>What are 'guys' anyway?
>>
>>17146088
What I'm trying to highlight here is an attitude towards others which woman in my experience don't often express, especially not shy or inexperienced ones.

'Guys' isn't typically expressed by woman the same way as 'Girls' is for men, they aren't interchangeable possessive objects in the same way, I suspect it is something to do with the differences between being pursued or pursuing.

Like for a typically male mentality, the idea of putting yourself in the position of being pursued in an environment filled with abnormally aggressive women who you'd normally have to chase yourself is kind of exciting. For a shy woman without experience it is kind of terrifying. Shy woman typically focus on a target to the point of obsession getting to know so much through assumption they kind of end up with a weird inverted objectification thing going on.

That is why I'm calling bait. The usage of 'guys' as a homogenised descriptor is analogous to the way men talk about woman when they want 'chicks' or 'babes' or something. It is objectification from the perspective of someone who is used to being a possessive pursuer.
Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.