[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I learn to dance? I don't go out, but I have discovered
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 83476583468.jpg (10 KB, 200x273) Image search: [Google]
83476583468.jpg
10 KB, 200x273
How do I learn to dance?

I don't go out, but I have discovered that I really love dancing. Or rather my body loves it, because it starts moving on it's own.

I started using a standing desk and just move spontaneously to music whenever I feel like it, But it's just random moves and becomes rather boring.

I want to have a better sense of rhytm, be able to respond to a tune faster and to know more dance moves. What's a good way to learn that?
>>
>>17142704
What kind of dance do you want? Do you listen to a certain kind of music for rhythm? What do you relate to?
>>
People upload youtube videos of dance routines you can follow.
>>
>>17142704
You already said it yourself, your body is moving on his own.
Just make sure you use all your bodyparts.
>>
>>17142768
I mainly listen to jazz, some folk and sondtracks, but I can't dance to the latter unless they are folkish.

But I like dancing so much that I have no problem with expanding my music taste. Latino, good club music, not hip-hop; I really don't know much else.

I also want to learn salsa and tango at some point, but for not I want to focus on dancing solo.
>>
you could pick up percussion to get a betther sense of rhythm and to be able to pick up a pattern faster. i'm pretty good with rhythm due to always playing an instrument. but after i BRIEFLY got into percussion, things changed dramatically. i pay much closer attention to how a beat is build and since i lov dancing too, it has helped me a lot to understand and feel music even better and response more natural to it with moves.
for more moves, youtube is the answer. i love getting new ideas, try them out and then look if they come natural so i can incorporate them in my "improvised dancing".
>>
>>17142704
I'm a jazz dancer. Just hit up your local studio, they'll have beginners classes for whatever you want. Look at some videos for a genre that's close to what you want or looks interesting, and pop in. Nobody will judge you, everyone starts like they have 2 left feet.
>>
>>17142803
Thing is, I moved back to my parents for a while and I'm far from any big cities. I can only practice alone for now.
>>
>>17142803
not op, but everytime i try to get into something like that i end up stopping again because they are moving way too fast even in "beginners classes", not making sure no one is left behind. and no, i'm not retarded or especially slow. did i just pick the wrong teachers or am i actually retarded and just blind to my own flaws?
>>
Google local dance classes.
>>
>>17142848

Try internalising the information and practicing on your own until you can get your speed up.

If you're not dancing with partners, try going at half speed.
>>
>>17142897
i figured as much. but isn't the job of a teacher to help if he sees that i'm not being able to keep up?
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.