[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Band Geeks
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: jellyfishjam.gif (534 KB, 500x293) Image search: [Google]
jellyfishjam.gif
534 KB, 500x293
Long story short:

>be in 2 year relationship with girl and she cheats on me with my best friend
>cut contact with both of them and it's ok cause most of our mutual friends stuck with me instead of them
>a lot of mutual friends still talk to him anyways but i don't mind if he's around cause i just avoid him
>it's been a while and i'm completely over it and have a caring and loving gf now
>i don't resent him at all now but i still don't wish to interact with this guy at all

Now before all of this happened he, a mutual friend and myself were in a band, and i really enjoyed this, now a few days ago our mutual friend told me he wants us to play together again. Now i really look forward to this, but i still don't want to interact with my ex best friend at all, but i consider it will be pretty fucking awkward if i only talk to our mutual friend and it will only make things harder.
What should i do?
>>
You can't have that in your life, friend. You're gonna have to find a different hobby because it's not healthy.
>>
>>17142352
this, why'd you make yourself interact with him at all?

go find another band?
>>
>>17142352
>>17142372
Well, to be honest at this point in time i don't give a flying fuck about what he did to me anymore and i'm not mad or resentful about it, if needed i would have no problem in talking with him because i'm not that prideful, but i still do not desire engaging him in a friendly chat whatsoever.
My main concern is how awkward would it be if i'm only friendly with our mutual friend, also it's pretty hard to find another band considering our mutual music taste and actually knowing each other well.
>>
>>17142393
it's not a pride issue, its a "this person is in no way trustworthy, nor do they give a shit about me or ostensibly anyone else around them" issue. which is also the issue that means you would have an extremely toxic band atmosphere if you start that up again. you know it, I know you know it, because you say you have no resentment toward him but you have zero desire to chat with him.
>>
>>17142420
Yeah you're right about this guy, it's probably the last guy i would be in a band with, but what i want to do here is make things work for the sake of our mutual friend and because i really enjoyed playing in a band with people who have the same music taste. Even with this toxic guy i really want to find a way for this band to happen. I know it sounds like i've already made up my mind but i still doubt i can make it work somehow.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.