[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Son and working shift
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (173 KB, 1280x651) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
173 KB, 1280x651
How do i handle this? He does try to play not too loud, but he gets lost in play. I'm tired of telling him to be silent and to keep it down. It's exhausting for everyone. Do i have to take him and run errands everytime my
husband has to sleep during the day?
>>
Put a loud fan in the bedroom. It'll drown out the noise very well

T. Someone who often works nights and lives right beside an incredibly loud intersection
>>
Well thats what you get for having kids, they are a burden and you dont seem happy about it

To answer your question
Its hard and time consuming to talke kids out until they are old enough to be by themselves

If you got cash soundproofing is great too
>>
>>17142480
Neat idea! Thanks, anon.
Do you think i shoyld also suggest that he wears earplugs? Can you even sleep with them in? I'm going to try and be out of the house as much as possible, but i can't be away ALL the time...
>>
>>17142487
Earplugs are uncomfortable, but a fan is great. I love the white noise, its constant and drowns out semi trucks honking their horns, I'm sure they'll stop him from waking to a child. Also it's quite inexpensive
>>
>>17142483
Well, i'm happy about him, no question.
But i don't want my husband to get exhausted. So i'm searching for a solution that works for everyone.

Soundproofing might be difficult, but i'll look into it.
It's not hard to take him out, but sometimes i need to be at home, doing laundry, cooking or doing other chores. If i have to stay out of the house for 8h every day i will be behind with the household. And i'd like to get that done while he sleeps so we can actually spend some time together between him waking up and going to work.
>>
>>17142492
I'll ask him to give it a try. There are erplugs specifically to sleep with. Have you tried those? Are they uncomfy too?
>>
>>17142508
Nope can't say I've tried sleep custom ones. But I'll forever praise the fan and the white noise it gives me
>>
>>17142504
Soundproofing is hard in countries which have hard walls but in places like the US where most of the walls are empty shells you just remove the drywall and put the isolating material depending in the type etc
>>
>>17142527
oh well. we have hard walls. and we are also renting, so that is probably not an option
>>
>>17142288
Your husband is the one out of step, not the boy. If his work makes him have to sleep during the day, it is his responsibility to find a way of doing it, not the child's responsibility.

He CAN sleep with earplugs. The idea of a fan is a good one, or invest about $25 in a White Noise Machine, that produces a quite natural sound (like waves on a shore, that really can drown out other noises even when played quietly.
>>
>>17142599
well, he just started to work night shifts. he doesn't complain. but i know he can't sleep and i want to find a solution before he starts to have major sleep deprivation.
i don't know if he can sleep with white noise or ear plugs. i went out with the kid now, so he can sleep. but i will talk to him later and ask him to give those things a try.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.