[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/adv/, please help me, I feel so sad right now. I'm a 22
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
/adv/, please help me, I feel so sad right now.

I'm a 22 yr old woman who's physically disabled with many problems going on in my spine that leave me unable to do much physically and cause me constant chronic pain. I'm in a wheelchair now and it might be soon that I become paralyzed that I need to have surgery done.

The other night my dad saw how much I was in pain and said to me solemnly that seeing me hurt made him hurt too. Later that night I heard him talking to my mom and crying about me. I just feel so bad I can't do much for my parents to make them feel better, that anything could happen to me and worst case scenario, I would be gone. I feel like such a burden.

How do I make them feel better and how can I regain some kind of hope for myself in this case?
>>
>>17141291
Technology improvements will soon come. He probably said that to make you feel that he really cares about you
>>
>>17141291

Cant imagine the pain you must be in, I'm sorry to here about your current situation.
I would say get the surgery as soon as possible. while you are wheelchair bound I would suggest with finding things you wouldn't mind spectating.

Never think of yourself as a burden, you are far from it. Turn up, remember this life is all you have. Try your very to enjoy it. (Keep your head held high)
>>
>>17141291
Look on the bright side: Thanks to modern medicine you may become a badass cyborg. All sorts of technologies are being developed that fix physical disabilities. You won't be confined to a wheelchair forever.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/science/science-news/11333719/Cyborg-spinal-implant-could-help-paralysed-walk-again.html
>>
Stopping giving a Fuck. Live for the Lulz. Goddamn newfaggots
>>
>>17141307
>>17141305
>>17141302
Thank you for the kind words, I am trying my best not to lose hope. A few family members already let me know about the cyborg implant thing and it looks promising.
>>
Geez OP, you make my problems sound so damn stupid.

Hang in there, people are sad because they love you very much, not because you are a burden.
>>
>>17141330
I don't understand what this means.

>>17141315
Thank you for the kind words, anon. It just feels bad still, you know? I know they love me very much but being like this just makes me feel so bad for them having to take care of me. I always wish I could be stronger and provide for my parents when they get elderly, instead of the other way around.
>>
>>17141291
You have people who love you and you should be happy that you mean so much to them. You did nothing to cause this and can't be faulted, so there shouldn't be guilt. There are people in far worse situations who are alone.

If you think your time is limited, then fill your days with happiness and let your family have happy memories of you. You are not a burden. A burden means they would wish to be without you. A burden is carrying something that you wish you could put down. Your parents definitely do NOT think of you in this way. You saw how much your father loves you, so you know he would carry you forever if he could.

You want them to be happy? Be positive. Sounds funny, but put up a strong front, use positive language, show them you're not scared and be happy. Let them see you how they think of you; as a beautiful blessing of a daughter. This will also make you happier, I promise you.
>>
>>17141291
>How do I make them feel better and how can I regain some kind of hope for myself in this case?

lots of people in your situation do some sort of charity work. People find comfort and happiness through helping others. If you cant do anything physical you could start an internet campaign. Make some posters or youtube videos, post stuff on facebook.
>>
>>17141450
>youtube videos

people love video blogs about stuff like this
>>
>>17141353
Thank you, anon. Reading this made me really tear up for a while. I will take your advice to heart, I realize I should be making the most of my limited time on this earth with my family.

For everyone else, I wish you please cherish your family and do not forget what they have sacrificed in order to raise you. Unless you are from an abusive family then take comfort in whoever is closest to you.
>>
>>17141454
>>17141450
Now those are good ideas, I haven't even thought of that. Not too sure about Youtube videos yet but I like the idea of charity work.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.