[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Well, /adv/, something that I never dreamed of happening happened
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: 1216676608409.jpg (13 KB, 415x278) Image search: [Google]
1216676608409.jpg
13 KB, 415x278
Well, /adv/, something that I never dreamed of happening happened today. My girlfriend of three years revealed to me that for the past couple of weeks, she has been cheating on me with my best friend. I'm going to skip through all the shit and just make it brief: it hurts.

I poured my life out for this girl, we got an apartment together after two years, absolutely everything was going great. Until the asshole shows up in my life.

Now, my (very soon to be ex) gf and I work in the same workplace, different departments. Again, everything was going absolutely great. Sure, we had our little bumps here and there like all couples do, but we evened them out and carried on. So one day this guy starts working his first day, directly under me. This guy and I became real close friends real quick. We were like brothers, dare I say. Up until a couple weeks ago, we hanged and gamed daily. Then I introduced him to my (s.t.b. ex) gf. But this is not where the story goes sour.

Continued in next post. I don't have this typed out.
>>
Now, the three of us hanged quite a bit. We were essentially the Three Amigos or whatever that damn TV show was titled. We were all pretty close until about a month ago.

Approximately two to three weeks ago is when the two of them started to hang out more and more. And my dumbass was too much of a dumbass to see me losing her from right underneath my fingertips.

She started coming home either really really late, or not coming home at all. She started hanging at his place not once, not twice, not three, but four or more times a week. I was so blinded by my trust in them. And I just found out today that they both annihilated it.
>>
That's a classic JUST, my friend. I suggest moving to a new town and starting a new life. Maybe even change your name
>>
This filthy bastard, my brother in arms, I was supposed to be his wingman. He stole her from me. And she just let him. She's going to him. She wants him, some fucker who I could have had no outside of work relationship with easily. There's about a month or so (or two not exactly positive) left in our lease. I need to remove her off my savings account. I need to start packing my shit up so I can be out of here as soon as this lease is up.

Now, she tells me that she feels terrible because she's doing this to me. We have so many cherished memories together and she's just throwing them away. Yet she's the one that feels terrible.

I've told her I've chosen to forgive and forget if she sticks with me over that drugged up bastard. We can start fresh. But somehow, I feel that this is NOT going to go in my favor.

It's 1:48 AM on the dawn of the day I might lose everything that matters to me. Give me reasons why I shouldn't be so depressed. Give me reasons why I shouldn't hate everyone and everything and not try to go on a murderous rampage starting with the guy who pushed her to start cheating on me.
>>
The guy is everything she hates in a guy. And yet, she's going right for him.

Why is life a literal pile of steaming dog shit.
>>
>>17138809
This is why I don't have a gf
Or a best friend
>>
>>17138873
I'm not going to have either of those pretty soon, too.
>>
Shit, dude... I don't even know what to say.
I feel for you, man.

I can't tell you that things are going to get better, or that this was for the best, or anything like that...

One thing I can tell you though, is that you can't let this beat you. The world is full of shitty people, anon. If we let them win and get what they want, only then will we truly lose all hope. You were a good guy who was earnestly in love, and you've been betrayed. That's no fault of your own, chances are she'd have done the same thing with anybody else. Who can say why, entire lives are difficult to calculate like that I suppose. You've just got to take from this situation what you can, and keep yourself moving.

It's going to be rough as hell for you for the next little bit, but I think you're stronger than this. Show the world you won't be pushed down twice.
>>
>>17138843
Hello, I've been in a similar situation myself. The best advice I have for you not to kill anyone is that you will really destroy your life. Broken heart's heal, time mends all. If I were you I'd not even wait for the lease to be up. I'd just leave. Cut ties with both of them. The deserve each other. You on the other hand you deserve better. I'd take this time to focus on yourself and not them. I usually throw my self into my work. They will get what's coming to them. Karmas a bitch. Just remember that. I'm sure there is a great girl out there for you. You should never forgive a betrayal of the heart. From my experience relationships like that are destined to crash and burn. I wasted 17 years of my life on a cheating, abusive, rapist. That's time that I'll never get back and I really regret it. I implore you please just let her go. Her time will come and her pain will be horrible. As for your ex friend I'm almost certain that he will pay for his actions. You still have a chance to be happy. It will probably take some time but I'm sure that you will over come this. Oh and take every cent of your money out of that account as soon as possible. There is nothing like the feeling you get when someone adds insult to injury. Hope I was able to help.
Vette
>>
>>17138885
Thanks, mate. I do know that I'll eventually pull through, but I also know that it's going to be extremely difficult...
>>
>Male-female friendship

Love this meme
>>
>>17138893
Beat the shit out of him
>>
>>17138893
just please dont get back together with her. do not do this to yourself.
not now, not in two weeks, not in two years. she WILL ask you to come back to her, women always do, but never ever respond to her.
cut all contact and never look back.
>>
Dump the whore. She is nothing more than that. You did nothing wrong, your hands are clean.

Leave the girl, and never talk to her or him again. This is where you show your self worth.

You will get over it, and you will eventually find a new girl that you can trust, the same goes with the friend.

Don't kill anyone. The whore is not worth it. Cheaters always end up alone and miserable, you will not.

Be happy that you can do whatever you want now. I recommend spending time grieving your relationship.

You have plenty of time to find a new girl, enjoy the single life!
>>
>>17138946
Thanks mate. I really appreciate it.
>>
Directly under you, as in he reports to you?
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.