[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Weight advice, 5'9 F 175lb
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: scale.jpg (69 KB, 999x751) Image search: [Google]
scale.jpg
69 KB, 999x751
Hi /adv/. I've been going through some really stressful times these past few months and i've gained 15 pounds within a month from binge eating. I can't control myself. I used to be 160 pounds and thought that was overweight, but now i'm actually disgusting. How do I stop and what can I do to keep the weight off? Preferably a month from now? Thanks, and sorry if this was the wrong place to post, don't know how /fit/ would react to a post like this.
>>
Oh god... Gonna hang here out of interest. 5'7" 180 lbs reporting in. I should be 140 though...
>>
are you male or female?
>>
>>17137820
Make more time to walk, the easiest and least time-efficient way to burn calories. See reddit's bodyweight routine and once you get sorta fit, get a gym membership.

If binging is hard-wired in you, look up the warrior diet. Basically it's binging once a day, and not thinking about food at all most of the time.
>>
>>17137820
I'm 5.3 1/2 and 110lb. I have also been binge eating (I was 104 last month) but the way that I usually eat to keep my weight down is to limit the food I have in my house to only the food I NEED, I can always go to the store to get something (and have the essential spices/non snackable ingredients in the cupboard anyway.) Another method I use is to only eat healthy foods like fruits, vegetables for snacks and foods you have to cook for meals. DON'T bring pop and chips into your house because they are easy, this is actually the reason I now weigh six pounds more, if you have any junk food in your kitchen or around your house THROW IT OUT! You have shown to not have control over yourself and need to distance yourself things that will tempt you. The final piece of advice I have would be to set up a food schedule for the week and have money placed aside for that and only that, to not leave money for snacks.

It would be pretty hard for anyone to lose or gain more than ten pounds in a month unless there are extreme measures taken, its not healthy; to be healthy you must keep good habits, you will see results in a reasonable amount of time (you may lose that 15lb quickly as it was gained recently.)
>>
im the exact oppisite, im 6ft but skinny as hell, i eat loads of food but i dont put on weight, i think ive got some fast metabolism or something idk, sorry to derail thread but any advice on how to become more fat like you chub lords
>>
>>17138046
are you a guy? you sound like a guy
>>
>>17137820
have you tried going vegan? you get to eat more before you feel full if you're stuffing yourself with beans/carrots with hummus/ sweet potatoes

I've lost 10 pounds just eating good shit and only eating when I feel physicially hungry

Remind yourself if you're not hungry enough to eat an apple you're not hungry enough or a snack
>>
>>17138046
Idk.
>realize that as a tall non model you will be seen as less attractive as a short girl
>let the depression set in
>...
>fat profit???

You aren't sorry for detailing the thread, unhelpful underaged girl, but I'm sure you're happy someone paid attention to you.
>>
>>17138046
Lol this is me.
6'7, almost 6'8.
Weigh 74kg.
Same weight for four years.
Short of eating a chicken for breakfast, lunch and dinner while going to the gym for three hours a day, nothing.
Metabolism is a bitch.
>>
>>17138061
no shit
>>
ah yes

lets fill this thread up with people talking about their fast metabolisms
>>
>>17138070
neither underaged or female, but happy you wasted you time with a useless reply

gg
>>
>>17138046
This is me >>17138070
Just read this >>17138061
And of course you're male, I do retract my previous salty statement though because I wasn't actually angry even though I sound like a blubbering landwhale.

Women are naturally bigger than men because women are the ones that bear the children, some of the women in this thread are bigger than average but trying to derail a thread to gain attention when you could just make your own is childish. They are trying to work on themselves.
>>
>>17138095
I do not*
It would be funny if it got you annoyed, though, I won't lie about that as you seem ignorant.
>>
>>17138064
just saying your diet should be varied on a vegan diet, because of vitamins and shit

>>17138070
tall people in general have a higher bmr, which is helpful when dieting. also consider that if a girl's a model, she's going to be good-looking no matter what her height. i agree that other poster was a bitch though
>>
>>17138095
desu thread wasnt really derailed, OP got some decent advice from >>17138030, be happy im keeping this thread bumped this is normally a pretty slow board
>>
>>17138095
I also play football, tryna get to a skill position size
>>
File: images (7).jpg (19 KB, 420x350) Image search: [Google]
images (7).jpg
19 KB, 420x350
>>17138095
>Women are naturally bigger than men because women are the ones that bear the children

lol wut?
>>
File: body-fat-percentage-levels.jpg (54 KB, 724x410) Image search: [Google]
body-fat-percentage-levels.jpg
54 KB, 724x410
>>17138146
Well yeah, see pic.
>>
>>17138154
Clearly 20% on a man is bigger than a woman according to that pic.
Or is this opposite world now?
>>
First, stop lying to yourself by saying you 'can't control myself.' Of course you can, it's your hand that's reaching out to pick up the food, not someone elses.

Now, that DOESN'T mean you don't have a -hard time- NOT binge eating, but realizing you're the one feeding yourself and coming to terms with that will help you later.

Lifestyle change is going to be your biggest thing. Looking up guides and diets and such help target certain things like hunger, fat amounts, calorie intake, etc, but they won't really help unless you WANT to do it.

Change your perspective on food. Start making it fun, or find something else you enjoy doing to turn to when you're stressed instead of food.

Also, gyms can be nice or they can hurt your ego. Exercising and doing things like walking/running are very nice things to do, but when you force it on your body as something you 'have to do', then it can become burdensome. I like to walk with headphones on and listen to music, but if I 'have' to walk to the store to get something, it feels like a chore.

So maybe find places that you LIKE and WANT to walk, and it may help with that a bit more. But it's also like that with other things in your life.

Also, do you feel gross at your weight? Do you feel tired, unhealthy, achy joints? Do you feel ugly? If not, then don't worry about it too much.

Target what's stressing you out rather than your weight. Start focusing on things that will make you feel good and happy and confident, and the health will follow.
>>
>>17138174
If a guy and a girl's bodies look about similar, girl will have more body fat percentage than the guy. So 15% BF guy looks similar to 20% BF girl. I was defining bigger as having a higher body fat percentage.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.