[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /adv/ I had two job interviews today. One offered me a job,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: potassium intesifies.gif (137 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
potassium intesifies.gif
137 KB, 250x250
Hey /adv/ I had two job interviews today. One offered me a job, the other said they'll have a decision in the next few days. I had told the one who offered I'd get back to them with a decision by the end of the day. However, I really want the other one much more, although both are just an attempt to get out of my current job. Would it be ok for me to call them and ask to wait a few more days? Advice is appreciated.
>>
>>17137107
No. You already told them when you would have your decision. Employers will give, at most, 48 hours to accept a job offer. But because you already committed to when you would have an answer, you have until the end of today. You fucked up.

Either way, you wouldn't have made the time limit for the current offer by waiting to hear back from the other.

Call the second job, tell them you have received an offer from a company and have to get back to them today. Explain that you really want to work for them (the 2nd company) and ask if there is any way to expidite the decision process. They will likely say no, they need time to decide all of their options. Then you have your answer and you need to take the first offer. NEVER wait for the second when you have a deadline on the first option.
>>
>>17137121
Thanks anon. So it wouldn't be disrespectful or anything or look bad calling the second company right? Just making sure, I'd like to stay on good terms with both just to keep future options only.
>>
>>17137126
No, it's totally fine to call. It shows you really want to work for them. This happens all the time. Just be sincere with them when you say you really want to work there, and just want to know if there's a way they can move forward with your application today. Like I said, it's not likely to work--you've put their feet to the fire in a matter of hours. But all you can do is try.
>>
>>17137128
Just called and assistant manager is going to talk to manager and see what they can come up with. Told them that the other company wanted an answer by the end of the day so I wouldn't look like a weiner. Wish me luck anon.
>>
>>17137148
Great! The hardest part is over. Good job. If yu don't get it, whatever. You have the other lined up and you can go back to the other job in a year or so if you still want to go there.
>>
>take the first job
>if you get the second job just quit, or better yet never show up
Would this not have worked
>>
>>17137620
That's what I'm wondering.
>>
>>17137620
I don't like the idea of taking a job just to quit. Where I currently work we haven't had anyone hired in the last 4 months stay more than 3 days, and have been super short staffed because of it. It just seems like a matter of carrying out what you signed up to do, at least for a few weeks. Maybe its just me though.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.