[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Depression
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: hitler.jpg (23 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
hitler.jpg
23 KB, 600x400
So I don't like to say I have depression as a guy, it makes me look like a bitch or like I just want attention. But I do think I have a problem with it. I haven't been to school in 2 weeks, and you know how usually even after one day your friend is like "hey man missed you in class today"? (I have a small group of friends and acquaintances i chill with at lunch) Well it's been two weeks and the only person i've heard from is some kid that sits behind me in math. I barely know the guys fucking name. My point is: Are loners like me that easily forgotten? Or am I just a soggy piece of bread to other humans?

Anyway, if you're in high school and you see some loner ass kid sitting in the back of class or in a corner just say hi or something. Maybe throw a potato at the kid, just make them feel noticed.

This post is shit and i'm sorry for it.
>>
>after one day your friend

your wat

you lost me

stop bitching and go back to your friends, at least you have some
>>
>>17135529
You tried joining a club OP, or doing something more prolific around your school.
>>
>>17135529
Just go to school. The reason people aren't noticing you is because of how you treat yourself mentally. It is very easy to spot someone who doesn't like themselves and people run. It also doesn't matter if they notice you or not, you're just filtering out the people who aren't good for you.

Also I read that quote and didn't see Adolf Hitler in my peripheral vision until I finished the quote and laughed.
>>
>>17135529
First of all, don't care about other people's opinions on how you live your life unless it's illegal, it's natural to feel sad from time to time, it happens to guys but we almost never show it. Loners are easily forgotten because your a loner lol no one remembers you because you don't hang out with anyone. Why should they care for a stranger? No one owes you anything, and you don't owe anyone anything. Find a hobby, anything at all, join a sport. Find a close group of friends you can confide your emotions to. It's not going to happen in an instant, but gradually, there will be good and bad.
>>
>>17135529
Dude, people just don't give a shit.
I'm the social 'life of the party' connecting everyone to each other, yet people don't give a shit about me when I'm not around. The most they'll do is say something like "Hey fucker, back again from lying in your bed masturbating and playing video games?" when I get back.
Get used to it.
Everybody thinks they're the most important person, and as long as someone is not REALLY close to you (I have 2 people like that, my gf and another friend - those care very fast), they won't give a fuck.
>>
>>17135529
Get your priorities in order. You're thinking about people missing you when you missed 2 weeks of post secondary education? They probably thought you dropped out. You may as well at this point, missing that much fucking class.
>>
>>17135529
Mate, asking people for advice on depression who have never experienced it is generally a bad idea. Go talk to someone. Seriously, get over the stigma and do it. I did and have been better for it. Don't see a psychiatrist unless you need too, a lot just throw pills at a problem. Do shit that keeps you busy, take up a team sport and/or get some form of exercise 3-4 times a week. I'm in college, took up a martial art, joined a volunteer service and blah blah blah. I have little down time and even when I do I rarely get depressed these days (and thanks to the counselling I can deal with it when I do). Make some self improvements and your mood will improve and with it, your social life. Also a handy book (it's pretty much a comic, so it can be useful to all ages but it's great none the less) is "taming the black dog" by Bev Aisbett. Great book which shows how to increase positive thought patterns, it's essentially an intro to cognitive behavioural therapy. Good luck mate.
>>
>>17135529
well if you make no effort to pick your head up in class yeah no one will know you
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.