[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have a girlfriend... now what?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 1438907115710.png (641 KB, 793x449) Image search: [Google]
1438907115710.png
641 KB, 793x449
I have a girlfriend and I don't know if I can keep her entertained and interested.

So, after 17 years of celibacy and some failed attempts, I now have a girlfriend. So far, everything is going well. We have had a few issues, but we both made a deal of being honest and genuine so that helped squash things quickly. We have gone on alot of dates and enjoy eachother time alot, and so far we've never had a dull time together. However, we are riding up on our graduation from high school, and I'm not entirely sure if I can keep this up, especially after we graduate. She says she really likes me, appreciates my time and even brags about me sometimes, but I don't know if I can keep her feeling that way. I'm not too exciting of a person, and I'm slowly running out of ideas regarding things to do with her. Sure, I can go to her house every week or so and just sit and lay with her, but eventually I feel like we'll run out things to do or maybe she'll see who I really am. I need help, and I would appreciate anything.
>>
>>17135431
Do you have a job or income?
>>
>>17135442
No, but I will be working during the summer. I decided not to work during my schooling since I figured it would be too much. I do have a little bit of money for allowance and working some oddjobs.
>>
You sound like you're transitioning from the "new and exciting" phase of your relationship to the "old and comfy" phase. This is certainly not bad, just a different experience. You're at the point where you don't need an adventure to prop up a date. You don't need to keep the conversation flowing constantly. Just being near each other makes you guys happy.

Will you guys be living far apart after graduation? Do you share any interests you can partake in together like playing video games or running marathons? You could also learn a new skill together, like cooking. Twitchtv has been streaming old cooking shows and its glorious.
>>
>>17135471
First, thanks for saying that, when you refer to our relationship like that things don't seem so bad.

After we graduate, there will likely be some distance. I plan on going to school and she plans on going into the military, but none of this will be immediate and we have things in measure to help deal with the distance. I will remain in the state we live in but she may potentially go across the world with the military. Anyway, I honestly don't know what her talents and interests are despite spending this much time her, so maybe I'll figure that out and we can learn something together, which seems like a splendid idea.
>>
You're underaged. Your relationships now don't mean shit. They won't last. Just enjoy what you have and learn from it. Then you will be better prepared as an adult.
>>
>>17135431
I'd break up with her after graduation. Long distance is a pain and it seems like you need more practice with women. That being said I'm horrible at relationships and can only fuck girls so take that with a grain of salt.
>>
>>17135808
I understand where you're coming from but I honestly can't believe you. This relationship has been quite miraculous and I really think that this must go somewhere, and it will certainly be somewhere farther than graduation. I think my previous attempted at romance failed as part of a greater plot for me to be with her... or maybe I am just being hysterical. Yes, this is my first relationship and there will be some distance, but this is just too good to throw away. I have to at least try, right??

>>17135820
Yes, distance is a stressor, but it is only temporary and we will be together again in due time. As far as practice with females, you are right, but I can do that and still have things going with her. We essentially established that our relationship will be more laid back during our time apart, and with that I will be talking, flirting, finessing and doing whatever I want to have a good time and better myself without pushing her away.

With that in mind, I am considering everything. I'm not trying to brush anything y'all are saying, but I just don't want to end this so quickly when there is so much potential.
>>
>>17135869
I'm glad you guys have things figured out. I'm pretty jaded when its comes to relationships and every times I've invested too much in a girl its fucked me. It seems like you guys have a good thing going but I'd just warn you to be careful about letting her become part of your identity. Hope things work out man.
>>
>>17135869
Very few relationships started as b& last. Don't invest too much into it. You are kids, you don't understand what is needed to have a good relationship. You don't know what the adult world is like, it brings a whole new set of difficulties.
>>
>>17135892
I appreciate your good words. I know that this girl can hurt me and that things could possibly not work out, but I'm still going to give it something. She wasted time with other guys, too, and that shows in how she treated me when we first met, but she has since opened up and felt more secure after she got to know me and once she really understood what it is to be honest with someone without fear. With time and effort, you will find someone to fill that gap in your life just like we have.

>>17135897
You are right. We are immature and our whole lives are ahead of us, but damnit we're still gonna try. I really feel something special with this girl, and I know she feels something special about me, and something feels very right about what we do, so I'm not giving up. I know what you're saying and I see its worth, but I just can't pull away from her or this. I know I sound too invested but I am just passionate about keeping this splendid relationship, I've acknowledged that this is a risk and that this whole thing may shatter. I think we can grow together and fit eachother into our lives as adults.
>>
>>17135979
>babbys first relationship
look man, that "something special" is present in any serious relationship. We all made the mistake of thinking it was special until the relationship inevitably fell apart and oh wonder, we had the exact same feeling in the next one.
Yeah, she might be the one, but don't count on it.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.