[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How safe is it buying a second hand phone? Broke phone and need
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: 0080-215dbb7d1.jpg (41 KB, 985x549) Image search: [Google]
0080-215dbb7d1.jpg
41 KB, 985x549
How safe is it buying a second hand phone?
Broke phone and need a new one.
I hear that a lot of them are stolen and such, how do I make sure they aren't, is there a way?
>>
Not really
You get a receipt so you're clear because you can prove that you bought a phone as is and the shoo is responsible for selling stolen items
>>
You can also ask for the IMEI number to check if the Phone was reported stolen
>>
>>17134618
>>17134625
Thanks, yo.
>>
I've had pretty good luck with it, only been burned once when I bought a Galaxy Note 4 off EBay. Turns out some fucker didn't finish the payments on the phone and the phone got blacklisted on TMobile.

It wasn't as big of a problem as it first appeared because the phone was in good condition and came with the packaging. I just sold it on EBay (as-is) to some guy in another country. Black listing only works on specific carriers, so basically the foreigner guy just used the phone with his foreign carrier in a foreign land and gave no shits.

That being said though, you can usually get a good measure of the person you're buying it from if you're buying it used in person.

i.e. If it's someone who's dressed well and asks to meat you in a good part of town you're probably fine. Most people just want to recover some value by selling their phone (they won't get shit on a trade-in) so they can buy another one. It's a bit tough sometimes, it's one of those situations where good intuition helps a lot.
>>
I bought this phone for 20$ over a year ago and it works 100% only a screen crack.
By the way it's a galaxy note 3
>>
>>17134951
So should I buy it in the US (I'm from up north), or elsewhere so if it's blacklisted, I'm safe?
I was actually thinking about buying it on Kijiji or something, but eBay is a good guess too.
>>
Also, what kind of phone should I get?
I had a G3, and a N5, I have a 600$ budget, or am I on the wrong board to be asking.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.