[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
quarter life crisis
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: blue pepe.png (120 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
blue pepe.png
120 KB, 1000x1000
how do i figure out the next step in my life from here?

i recently graduated college. after a hopeless job search i began think about my life a lot. i don't know what to do from here or where to go. before school ended it was easy, everything was on a track and i knew what i had to do. the goal was "graduate school, get a job" now i don't know if my degree was something i was even interested in and i can't even get a job. i don't know what to do with my life next.at the same time i have all these dreams of doing something unrealistic like being a musician, a directer, or some artist.

i feel lost and confused and don't know what to do from here.
>>
>>17134471

what is your degree?

as for the arts stuff, do it in your spare time, thats what i do. you dont have a wife and kids to worry about atm so your free time should be more than just vidyah and friends and the like
>>
>>17134475

business economics

>as for the arts stuff, do it in your spare time, thats what i do. you dont have a wife and kids to worry about atm so your free time should be more than just vidyah and friends and the like

I come from a poor family and really don't have any money to pursue anything artistic. I only chose my degree because it was useful towards getting a job.
>>
>>17134588

>i literally could not buy an instrument ever
>my families economic situation is mine for eternity of course

these werent dreams so much as passing fancies were they?
>>
Hate to break it to you OP, but you should have been looking for a job while you were still in school. Now that you've fucked that up your options are still: 1. Get a job, 2. Go to grad school. Look for any job, even ones that don't use your degree. Better to keep yourself busy while you figure out what to do with your life.
>>
>>17134654

Actually, I played an instrument for solid 4 years and only quit when a new music director came that I hated. Suck it anon.

But yes, I do have dreams. Is it wrong to dream? No.

>>17134670

Oh believe me. I was. I was very aware of the shit I would be in if I didn't have an internship by the time I was done. I tried very hard. I could not find one.
>>
anyone older anons have advice?
>>
>>17134471
I'm in the same boat, graduated last August. I've been able to find jobs, but I wouldn't call them good jobs. They only vaguely use my degree, but it hasn't been long and at least I'm getting interviews, sometimes it just takes time.

Searching for a job isn't easy and college usually does nothing to prepare you for it. Applying to jobs is your job now. Apply to at least a few every week, ideally you'd do a handful every day. Most will reject you, but eventually something will happen, even if it's not what you expect.

Also, sometimes you may not be able to find work in your area. If you don't live in a big city, or you do but the economy there is geared towards particular trades, it might be more difficult to find something that fits you perfectly, and a move may be necessary. Good luck OP, you're not the only one who feels lost.
>>
>>17134786
>wrong to dream
No
>wrong to follow your dream
Yes
>>
>>17135708

thanks anon, it feels good to know i'm not the only one. what do you do?

>>17135713

why would it be wrong to follow your dreams
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.