[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I re-integrate back into society?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 3
File: 1462904505065.png (253 KB, 600x502) Image search: [Google]
1462904505065.png
253 KB, 600x502
I've been in a mental hospital for a few months and now I'm going to be let out. I was 17 when they decided to send me here,now I'm 18. I know I can't really talk to old friends,they probably don't want me anymore. I'd imagine my family is ashamed of me / humiliated. I'm not really sure what to do. I might have a hard time getting a job too. To be honest I'd rather live with a nurse here, she was nice to me and is forgiving,which probably can't be said for others
>>
>>17134282

>everyone probably wants nothing to do with me

why? mental hospital aside, what lead up to you going there? maybe some will judge you but it sounds like your parents might at least let you stay with them.

>jobs

agian, what did you do?
>>
You're probably wrong about your friends and family. Most likely they're worried sick about. I know my family was after I got into a psyciatric hospital.

Why not go to college?
>>
>>17134300
I really don't like going into details, it makes me feel even worse. I'll just say that a little kid (5 yr old)had to get counseling cause of me.
>>
>>17134311

>i dont like to go into details
>BUT HELP ME ANYWAY

we cant gauge what people are going to respond with if we dont know what they are responding to. we dont know whats on your 'record'.

if you dont want to tell us just delete thread.
>>
>>17134317
I molested a little kid.
>>
>>17134320

thats what i figured. none of your friends want anything to do with you. your parents probably dont, but a condition of your release is likely going back to them?

my advice is to try and start a new life elsewhere, but i dont know what hte terms of your release are, namely whether or not you have to alert your neighborhood of it, since oyu were 17 you might have gotten away with it being sealed.

tell us.
>>
File: Wario Drink.png (70 KB, 231x181) Image search: [Google]
Wario Drink.png
70 KB, 231x181
>>17134320
>>
You are a fucking piece of shit. Rot in hell.
>>
>>17134320
Why would you do that? You may truly have ruined your life, if possible do what
>>17134333
suggests and restart your life somewhere else.

Also, don't touch or go near children again.
>>
File: 1434219336161.png (125 KB, 726x641) Image search: [Google]
1434219336161.png
125 KB, 726x641
>>17134320
Do you actually regret it or you could do it again?
>>
>>17134320
wew lad

It's not that I don't understand though, dem lolies are pretty hot amirite?

Seriously now, your best bet is to keep all that a secret. Best for you would be to live in a new area where people don't really know who you are. If someone inquire about this period just say you had a health issue, most people wouldn't press it.

Now I'm not sure how you'd go about living on your own far away from home, I'm guessing college is out of the question. If so start by looking for a basic job in your area, you'll find something sooner or later. When it comes to friends there's not much you can do, just try to get out of the house, you'll meet new people as long as you don't shut yourself in. Go to the gym, get into a sport, something like that.

And don't let this whole ordeal define you.
>>
>>17134370
It does define him. OP is a person who thinks his sexual urges are more important than the rights of children. He's willing to ruin children's lives just so he can get off once or twice. That is the type of person he is.
>>
>>17134370
What do you mean college is out of the question?
>>
>>17134383
I was just about to say something like this.
>>
>>17134358
I really truly regret it.
>>
>>17134383
You can't even comprehend the amount of fucked up shit I did when I was a teenager. I grew up, realized it's fucked up, moved on and grew into a respectable adult. You're an idiot if you think your mistakes must define you for the rest of your life. You are who you chose to be, not who you were.
>>
>>17134407

answer the question: are you a registered sex offender?
>>
>>17134400
it was a guess. Did OP even finish highschool with all that shit going on? Again, if he can do it, going to college is the best plan.
>>
>>17134407
>>17134414

also what are the conditions of your release?
>>
>>17134411
His "mistake" (no it wasn't a mistake, he was old enough to know what he was doing) ruined the life of another person, that's a defining feature of someone's life.
>>
>>17134414
Honestly I don't know. I've never asked for the details and I was in a coma the first few days.
>>
>>17134425

>i dont know the condition of my release cuz i was in a coma for the first few days

thats not hwo that works anon. go ask, go find out, stop being a retard.
>>
>>17134411
Molesting a kid isn't a mistake. It was an active decision. You realized it was fucked up when you did it but did it anyway. Spare us the sob story. You're a child molester who preyed on a kindergartener who now has to go to therapy, and will likely have issues his whole life. Stop pretending to be a respectable person fucking sociopath.
>>
>>17134425
Why were you in a coma? They should've told you, because a sex offender usually has to go around their new neighbourhood and tell everyone that that's what they are.
>>
>>17134418
Not sure. I wasn't charged as an adult though. They just deemed me something and sent me here.
>>
>>17134435
I tried killing myself with prescription drugs.
>>
>>17134438

again, go ask. your parents obviously know. or your doctor. or staff. find out what legal action was taken, the terms of your release / sentencing etc.
>>
>>17134432
>>17134422
I'm not OP. I'm not advocating that what he did was right or justifiable or whatever. All I'm saying is that HE can get over it. HE can see himself as a normal human and try to live as a normal human from now on, no matter what fucked up shit he did, call it mistake, or however you wish.

What would you want him do, penance for the rest of his life for it? Whip himself every night thinking about how bad of a boy he was? Give money to charities? Cut his dick off? Piss off, moralfags.
>>
Go to that pedo village/rehab place in florida its probably the only way you can live a somewhat decent life. Also how the hell did you not get jail time. Even if you are a minor you must be mentally incompetant.

>A 19or 20 year old from my town had concensual sex with a 14 year old.

>He was ruled to have the brain of a 12 year old aka retard.

>They still sent him to prison because the justice system is retarded.

>I went to school with the kid mentioned above until they put him in sped classes
>>
>>17134464

>mentally incompetent
>went to a mental hospital

maybe.
>>
>>17134462
>I'm not advocating that what he did was right or justifiable or whatever
>Piss off, moralfags
We fight for freedom of speech until someone has an opposing opinion.

Not only does this define him (he will be seen in a particular light if people find out and cannot obtain some jobs) but it may also define his life, many "normal" people have huge biases against the type of people that would do something OP did and his only real option is hiding the fact and starting a new life elsewhere.
>>
>>17134432
Just a little advice, sociopaths don't tend to molest children. I mean if you're going to insult people try to be accurate.
>>
>>17134496
I don't care about anyone's freedom of speech but my owns.

My point was that he shouldn't focus on this issue, he shouldn't judge himself. Of course others will, if they find out (which they shouldn't, if they don't already know, OP), of course his life may be affected by it, but he shouldn't make it worse by himself.
>>
>>17134511
I am a diagnosed sociopath I think its bullshit but whatever. The pills they prescribe me go into powder form and into random food at stores. I break open bags and stuff them in. Sometimes in other thing like milk and water. I was in a restursnt once and when someone git up from there table i poured my pill powder in there soup. Ahahha makes me laugh fuck them anyway. I never molested kids but i did rape a chick when i was a teen. I didnt really rape her but i basiclly manipulated her into fucking me when she was drunk. She never said no but i guess its still rape. FUCK THE SYSTEM.
>>
>>17134462
I don't give a shit about him or what he does, stop being a fucking drama queen. I'm just saying no one should pretend this doesn't define him as a person. This isn't a mistake, he ruined a child's life because he was horny. That's the definition of a horrible person.
>>
>>17134540
No "no" means yes, you just fucked a drunk chick.
>>
>>17134511
Did I say that sociopaths tend to molest children? No. If you're going to be a smartass try to be accurate.

If you're willing to prioritize your peepee over a kindergartener's rights, if you're willing to ruin a child's life so selfishly, you are either mentally retarded or a fucking sociopath or narcissist.
>>
>>17134556
Fine, maybe I haven't expressed myself well. He shouldn't care that he's a horrible person. Good and evil are social concepts etc.
>>
>>17134572
I'm sure you'd say the same thing to someone if they raped and murdered everyone you love. "It's just a social construct brah, don't feel bad". The autism in this thread...
>>
>>17134579
Of course I wouldn't say the same thing, because it would be personal, I wouldn't be objective. It would affect me, personally. The fact that OP molested a kid doesn't affect me in any way.

Would you care that a person stole 10$ from you as much as you'd care that he stole 10$ from someone else?
>>
>>17134417
there's nothing wrong with getting your GED and then going full autist for two years for an associates and then transfer to a good school for your bachelors.
>>
>>17134597
I'd say the character of the thief is the same, regardless of whether they stole from me or from someone else. The fact that you can't sympathize unless it happened to you means there's something wrong with you. "I don't care if he molests kids, doesn't affect me, treat it as a social construct" that's fucking autistic as hell. We have social constructs to identify horrible people as a society, to identify predators. It's not something that magically appeared out of nowhere, some unfair thing to get people to self-flagellate themselves. If you can't see morality beyond yourself there's something wrong with you (as there is with OP).
>>
>>17134320
Kill yourself.
>>
>>17134282
Don't.
Stay in the mental facility. You're a danger to society, and need to stay in captivity for the sake of everyone around you.

Even if you never commit the same offense again, if you were stupid enough to do it once, you're stupid enough to do something else that ruins someone else's life.

I mean, it's likely that you'll fuck up and land yourself in prison this time. Try to convince the mental hospital that you need to stay indefinitely, and that you're never going to be well adjusted enough to live on the outside.

>>17134661
>Can't see morality beyond yourself, there's something wrong with you

Actually, that's literally one of the symptoms of autism. People on the spectrum have a hard time understanding the thought processes of others.
>>
>>17134661
>>17135854
What I'm saying is that, if I were him I'd try to leave it behind. I wouldn't focus on the fact that I did something wrong and base every decision I make in the future on this issue. You keep yelling like a bunch of idiots that "OMG you can't see how wrong this is, you're an autist", but I never said that.

I don't know how else to explain my position, because you can't seem to understand. I know that what he did is wrong, I know he's a bad person and all that. My point is not that what he did wasn't morally wrong because it didn't happen to me, how the fuck can you even understand that from my statement? The thief may have the same character, but you would care a lot more if it happened to you than if it happened to a stranger. Or are you trying to suggest that if I don't care about what happens to other as much as I care about what happens to me I'm autistic? Piss off, retard. The point of this example was to explain why I wouldn't say the same thing if it happened to me and that's because I would be personally involved and I would've lost my objectivity.

It's true that social values are important when it comes to masses and that's why OP will be ostracized if people find out about what happened, but this doesn't mean he should succumb to self-hatred and isolate himself from society. From his point of view the best thing he can do now is to try and live as if never happened. Again, I'm not saying this is morally right or wrong, it's just the best thing to do for him. It's just an objective advice that takes into consideration only his well-being.

And >>17135854, piss of mate, you don't know if he needs to stay in a mental facility or not. The people who took care of him can decide that, not you, a armchair psychologist who knows closely nothing about the case and his behavior since. And if they decided he's fit to reenter society, well I'll rather take their words as experts over some faggots on the internet.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.