[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've never been more fucked up in my life
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: 1422146259675.jpg (6 KB, 128x189) Image search: [Google]
1422146259675.jpg
6 KB, 128x189
>CEO assing me a project for me only, develop something from scratch to a client
>CEO also relies on me to schedule the agenda of external employees so they don't mess up with the client in their respective projects
>Manage this other people like a boss, gain recognition from my manager and coworkers
>All looking fine in life
>The time consuming task it was supervise these other people didn't allow me to develop more than 1/4 of the project I had been assigned in the first place
>Pretend that I have 2/4 of it done and promise that I'll have 3/4 by the next week
>"But anon, this should be 100% done by now"
>Check schedule, they're right
>Start working at godspeed
>This project might be more complicated that what I thought
>Honestly I also didn't put the effort I could during the development
>During random presentation
>"Anon, why do you have the version 24 of the documentation? you should be using the 29"
>Ask them for the document, there are a lot of changes and even more to develop
>Lost client's trust by now, they are doing 2 meetings a day in order to see my progress, I will not make it in time and I had to stop going to college in order to end this development
>Stayed up all night
>Couldn't finish

I'm stressed as fuck.

Shaking because I took a pill to cut my sleep in order to stay on my PC the whole night and my hearth is beating like it's about to explode.

I never had to go through this and I don't have even a remote idea of what to do.
>>
heart*

I'm going to talk to my CEO and tell him about this.

Good idea or bad idea? Perhaps what I should have done in the first place.
>>
>>17132328

Better late than never. It's easier to fess up and get help now than to let things get fucked up even more, for you and your CEO.

Depending on jurisdiction you could also call in sick.
>>
>>17132337
Thanks for replying.
I'd love to and I could do it... but it's sort of a big presentation that I been moving from day to day because I had not much to present (and they know this) so I don't want to leave a weak image. I'd rather go and say to them that I have nothing.
>>
You should never lie about how much you actually have done, unless you're actually sure you can get it to then on time without them knowing. You'll fuck your reputation up worse than if you had just said, "I don't have the time for this.
>>
>>17132326
If it's not done, it's not done. There's no magical way of completing it now.

Better go to your CEO and see what happens. Maybe he'll be supportive and together you can break it to the client and buy more time or figure out a more dignified way of explaining why things went the way they did. Better than standing in front of everyone and derping your way through a meeting by yourself.

If your CEO doesn't want to support you or if your breaking the news to him goes poorly, well, that's just the way it goes. It's gonna have to be that way because you're not finished and that's just gonna have to be a lesson learned. Like I said, there's no magical way to finish it at this point without cutting some major corners and coming up with something half complete and trying to talk your way past it.
>>
Stop coming to work, change your phone number. Disappear completely.
>>
>>17132326
Lol you're a dumbass OP
>>
Burnout thy name is thee.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.