[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How can I fix this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: 1462953152184.jpg (14 KB, 404x364) Image search: [Google]
1462953152184.jpg
14 KB, 404x364
How can I fix this?
>>
>>17132172
By practicing, obviously. Try to surround yourself with people with whom you can talk out loud as if you were putting things down in writing. You'll eventually end up building confidence. :-)
>>
>>17132172
idk, i have the opposite problem though, I'm a decent conversationalist in person but online communication is difficult for me. and forget like tinder and shit. i can write a paper though.
>>
I have the same problem. Double bachelors (one in English, one in an actual major) under my belt but most of the time when I talk I sound like a dumb bro.

Not thinking about what I'm going to say before I say it helps. Turns out that if I shut off verbal filter I say sound way less stupid.
>>
>>17132176
this kinda
>>17132172

you dont need to do it with people op, you should probably read something on public speaking though.

Also you should practice giving speeches, recording them, and playing them back to know how you speak and have a list on the way you want to improve

also talking to yourself continously for 10-15 mins straight is a way to practice
>>
>>17132172
I make good use of pauses while speaking to avoid ums and ahs.
>>
>>17132172
I've got the same problem. I was about to make a thread for it too.
>>
Keep things simple, admit when you are wrong, ask lots of questions, be supportive rather than dominating in conversations (don't look to always argue with someone).

And then just avoid doing it and prepare in advance when you have to.
>>
>>17132940
Pretty much this. I've decided to make an effort to improve my in-person communication over the past year or so, and this is basically what I've been doing.
>>
>>17132188
English is underrated.

You'd be surprised how many people have trouble writing simple emails and letters.
>>
Join Toastmasters. It's a free set of clubs all over the place that focus on public speaking and improving communication.
>>
It helps to not look at the person when you are talking, for me it does anyway.
>>
>>17132172
Alcohol!
>>
File: 1460667827822.png (440 KB, 657x527) Image search: [Google]
1460667827822.png
440 KB, 657x527
>>17135859
This helps, but people find it weird if you don't make I contact. It's literally something autistic people do. It's fine while you're getting used to just speaking, but after that you need to look them in the eye so as to not look like a fucking sperg.
It can be difficult, though. I still struggle whenever I talk about something serious/emotional/personal. I've even just had to close my eyes just to get out what I need to say. It takes some work
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.