[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Whenever I smoke too much weed I get extremely anxious, paranoid,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
Whenever I smoke too much weed I get extremely anxious, paranoid, delusional, and psychotic.

Because of this, smoking weed can be pretty stressful, but also entertaining and much more novel than the average high. Despite this silver lining, a pretty strong association between anxiety/paranoia/delusions and weed has been built.

With that said, I'm interested in psychedelics. LSD is pretty much off the table because it's practically impossible to get. Psilocybin could work, but I've heard it described as more intense and less controllable than LSD.

Does anyone here have a similar relationship with weed and positive experiences with LSD, psilocybin, or MDMA?

I've been struggling with depression off and on since 2010 and social/general anxiety for the past two years (partially because the anxiety was exacerbated by smoking pot daily in stressful environments). Because of my anxiety/depression, I'm think MDMA is the way to go. Ofc I can't stand EDM/rave/etc culture. It always seems obnoxious and hedonistic to me, which isn't why I'm interested in psychedelics.

So yeah, has anyone with a similar relationship with pot gone insane or been institutionalized after doing a psychedelic? It's my main concern. I've felt my pot induced delusions lingering long after the high passed, which freaks me out about my mental health.
>>
>>17131899
mdma has a crash and will make you suicidal if you are depressed. my advice is don't do drugs, they sound like they give you problems. if you are worried about mental health then a psychedelic is a pretty fucking stupid idea.
dumbass
>>
>>Whenever I smoke too much weed I get extremely anxious, paranoid, delusional, and psychotic.
Stop smoking weed and find a solution that doesn't involve substance intoxication.
You stupid fuck. Sit down and think back to what point you decided inebriation by controlled substance was a necessary part of life. Try not needing an altered perception to entertain yourself.
>>
weed's a pretty good indicator for you're going to have a bad time with a lot of drugs. if you get into anxiety loops with weed then shits going to be worse with harder stuff.

get addicted to something like exercise and eating well. you'll feel high all day and there's obvious benefits.
>>
>>17131920
It isn't about that at all. I'm fine without substances. I run, meditate, read, and write. I don't smoke cigarettes or weed, and drink a 6 pack or less per week.

I'm interested in psychedelics for the experiences and personal growth, not mindless pleasure or fun. Plus I don't like the idea of not being able to enjoy something that most people my age can. Weed is bad enough and alcohol is boring as hell.
>>
>>17131931
I'm not after highs though. That's the problem. I'm looking for personal growth. Kind of ironic that my peers use psychs for fun/entertainment/highs, but I want to use them for something more than that and probably shouldn't.
>>
You sounds like me op.

I would like to smoke more but it totally destroys me after about 20 minutes.
>>
>>17131934
>experiences and personal growth
>personal growth
hahahaha more like bullshit mysticism
drugs don't bring you to a higher level of consciousness.
in fact i would argue that drugs detract from any search for "enlightenment" because they cloud your judgment and lead you to false paths of perception.
drugs are almost exclusively for
>mindless pleasure or fun
anyone who tells you different is trying to justify there drug habit or sell you healing crystals and magic fucking beans
>>
>>17131934
I did all sorts of drugs, uppers, downers, psychedelics until I over did it with a strange substance methamphetamine based perhaps. Definitely almost died. Anyways after that I got pretty bad anxiety/paranoia mental shit like you describe. Had to stop smoking weed. I still do every now and then but it's not really fun I mean I don't get any happiness from it, I get more happiness out of meditating and going into trance on my own even as I go about my day. I must've done LSD 5 or 10 times, must've done shrooms about 3 or 5 times. Never got anything "spiritual" or "personal "growth" from it. That was done through meditation, philosophy books etc.

That one trip that burned me out (Got some "LSD" for free, of course it wasn't LSD two people died of overdose on that shit) lasted for about 3 months full of paranoid schizophrenic shit.

I would recommend you stay away from all that crap, I have friends that never came down and stayed catatonic. I have friends that got mental problems from it. I got friends that fell in love with it and only wanted more so got addicted to crack or heroine. You're already on the line with your anxiety/paranoia you get from smoking weed. Dropping hard drugs will only push you over the line and trust me it takes a while and takes a lot of work and dedication to get back.

In short, stick to your meditation anon, anything that comes from the outside will not be beneficial to you in terms of personal growth.

Like other anons suggested. If you feel as though doing hard drugs or any drugs is "necessary" there's an underlying problem under the surface.

Or you can take that ride I guess, I certainly had good times, but also some really hellish times to go with it. And when I say hellish I really mean it brother.
>>
>>17131934
throw yourself into post-modern art/literature. far more mind blowing than drug experiences IMO.

reading a samuel beckett novel is like looking into the void and it looks back at you and you don't know if you'll be okay again because suddenly words are a joke but then you get over it and you're in on the joke too
>>
>>17131983
Yeah I've had hellish ones too.

The last time I smoked weed I was couch locked on my bed. Except the thing pinning down wasn't the weed. It was an evil spirit that was somehow associated with my ex-gf who said all of the following to me: "I'm hungry for your soul," "I ate my own soul," and "I ate part of your soul just now."

I couldn't figure out if the evil spirit's voice was coming from inside my mind or outside. I tried to jerk off in an attempt to counterbalance the negativity, but the spirit started commenting on it which ruined it pretty quickly. Ended up having the pray to get through it, which pissed me off. Still mad at my ex-gf for undermining my Agnosticism and creeping me the fuck out.

Anyway, thanks for the post, Anon. I'm going to stay away from psychs for the time being. I may do them way later in life (like 20+ years from now when my anxiety is under control), but I'll be fine without them either way.
>>
>>17131899
Pot always made/makes me anxious.

I found LSD to be nothing like it in that regard. Completely different drug and sensation. Still very powerful and deserving of respect, but won't make you paranoid like pot.

Have you ever done any harder stimulants? Like Adderal maybe? LSD is probably more similar to that than marijuana, at least in terms of body sensations.

psilocybin has been another story for me. I've had very negative experiences with it. The sensation is more of a drowsy sloppy feeling, with nausea and stomach pains. The headspace is much more difficult to control and much more emotional.

MDMA outside of a rave or group of other people on MDMA is mostly a waste of time. I would argue that the experience of MDMA is more 'drug-ish' than something like LSD. It makes you feel really good and want to feel even better. Doesn't necessarily open you up to new and complicated ideas--other than "everything is wonderful and everyone is my friend." And the hangover from MDMA generally includes some serious anxiety and depression and can last up to a week. If you already have anxiety and depression, I would avoid it.

The important thing to remember is that all of these things are just drugs. You aren't having a religious awakening or deeply meaningful experience. You're just high. They can be fun but they're far more likely to ruin your life than to enhance or improve it.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.