[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright /adv/, I need help. I need you to help convince me
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: Alien1.jpg (35 KB, 1020x576) Image search: [Google]
Alien1.jpg
35 KB, 1020x576
Alright /adv/, I need help.

I need you to help convince me it's time to end my LDR.

I know for a fact she was seeing another guy behind my back, and even lied about it to me for a week.

I can't shake the feeling that she's seeing some other guy (no idea if it's the same guy, likely not) right now.

She's acting fucking weird, not responding to my texts, and opened a snap I sent her an hour ago and didn't respond.

Basically, I just don't fucking trust her after everything that happened, and I know that she's seen other guys while she had a boyfriend in the past.

Help me /adv/, this is tearing me apart and I just can't get over it. I'm just so afraid of losing her. I'm so afraid I'm going to burn something that could actually be good one day.
>>
>>17131161
You need to be convinced to leave someone who you don't trust, is cheating and makes you feel like shit?
>>
You're conflicted. Pick a side an run with it.
>>
>>17131161
inb4 op doesn't listen to any advice and keeps doing the same shit anyways.
>>
>>17131167
Clearly I'm jaded. I just need some support man. How can I do this? How do I do this? I've already decided that this needs to end, but I need support. I don't have any in my day to day life.

I moved across the country before she went to college and things were supposed to be good, but just keep getting worse and worse.
>>
>>17131172
I'm serious man. I know this needs to end. Everyday is a struggle. I'm sick of being attached to her while she goes and does whatever she wants.

My paranoia has just come to a point that I can't get over it. I can't just ignore the signs anymore.
>>
>>17131169
Highly conflicted.

I guess I'm scared that if I let go of her, I'll never find anyone again.
>>
>>17131175
You need to look out for YOUR wellbeing. Do you want to be happy? Do you want less worry? Do you want to feel like you've lifted 100 lbs off your shoulder? Plus she lives far away from you so you don't really have to worry about bumping into her. You can just throw her away and not look back.

The right choices don't always feel the best at first.
>>
>>17131161
Lol you're in a LDR just stop talking to her
>>
>>17131190
You're right.

I know this is the best for me, but I also know that it's going to hurt like a motherfucker. I just don't want her out of my life. I feel like I'm in too deep and won't recover.
>>
>>17131197
Faggot stop making excuses and letting oxytocin dictate your brain
>>
>>17131175
Just ghost her ass.
Block and delete.
Hit the bar tonight and fuck some girl you meet there.

You want to die with regrets?
>>
>>17131186
>>17131175

The moment you make a woman your main goal in life is the instant you will lose her. She will run away faster than you can blink, most times into the arms of another man who appears to be focused. It is very important for a man to be unaffected by a woman's actions and emotions. Be a mountain, not a leaf in the wind, guy.

If she is not a "hell yes" to being with you and is on the fence, then you need to move on. If a woman does not adhere to your values, you need to move on. Do not settle for anything less than what you deserve. The relationship will not work in the long run and she won't respect you for not respecting your own values.

It is only after you fully embrace this that she will accompany you on whatever journey you embark.
>>
>>17131226
Can't man, I'm super broke right now.

Also not exactly a sexual wizard.
>>
>>17131245
I see.

We're probably going to talk tonight. She claims she was spending time with her family all afternoon and evening, which could be true, but I think the problem is more that I simply don't trust her, and don't trust that to be the whole story.

Thanks guys. I need to put this behind me so I can focus on something that's more important.
>>
File: LDR-meme.jpg (27 KB, 400x235) Image search: [Google]
LDR-meme.jpg
27 KB, 400x235
>>17131161

Just because you break up with her doesn't mean that you won't get back together some day.

True story.
> Had girlfriend in HS
> moved out of state before senior year.
> Wanted to be together forever.
> Worked fast food job and saved up money for 3 or 4 trips down to see her a year.
> Kept it going for a year and a half.
> Call her everyday.
> Tells me one day that she met this guy and she is really confused.
> Next day she breaks up with me because she wants to see what this is and tells me how sorry she is.
> Fail to kill myself, hospitalized for psych eval
> She calls me back after I get out tells me it was a huge mistake and she realizes now she loves me forever and always
> Month goes by, she disappears for a week
> Get a call back from her and she isn't even crying, tells me she got drunk and sucked a guy off at a party.
> I ask her who and she wont tell me
> My best friend from my old home calls me crying and telling me how sorry he is but that he was drunk and got a blowjob from my gf
> Strangely at peace with it
> Break up with her
> 8 years later she reaches out to me to catch up
> find out she is in town, wants to meet up
> I meet her at a bar and we drink and recollect. Her life is shit, she married my mortal enemy from HS, my former best friends brother.
> She invites me to have a few drinks back at her hotel room
> I tell her no, I moved on, walk out like a boss
> No ragrets
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.