[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm 27 years old and I don't think I've wanted
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: Melting.jpg (183 KB, 1119x1600) Image search: [Google]
Melting.jpg
183 KB, 1119x1600
I'm 27 years old and I don't think I've wanted to do anything since I was about 15.

Sure, I've done things like get a job and go to work, but only in order to prevent discomfort like hunger or homelessness. When I get home from work, I don't really do anything. I'll watch shit on Youtube, but not really pay attention. Just wait for it to be time to go to sleep again.

Other people don't seem to be like this. Is there something wrong with me?
>>
>>17129783
Same age, same boat man. Personally I can't derive pleasure out of things and my life has been literally one really long instance of bad luck. It might be your perspective of the world, of your life, of your future, or/and you may be clinically depressed etc.. It's a terrible life to live and I wish we didn't. You can try counselors or drugs and such but nothing really works for me. I hope we both find a way my fellow sufferer. Best wishes
>>
>>17129783
Do you happen to do any drugs like weed or other perscribed stuff?
>>
>>17129833
Nope, I'm completely clean. Never touched drugs.

>>17129822
Thanks, it brings me a small amount of comfort knowing that I'm not completely alone in this. I've had a mixture of good and bad luck in my life, nothing too extreme at either end. I wish you luck escaping it.
>>
File: v0JzKfb.gif (930 KB, 270x270) Image search: [Google]
v0JzKfb.gif
930 KB, 270x270
If you really want to change, get out of your cycle. Try new stuff that is uncomfortable, try drugs, do whatever. I guess it is much easier said than done, but how else will you ever change?
I am 21 but have the same problem, but I am trying to change.
>>
Have you never encounyered anything you were passionate about? The thing about most people is that they find hobbies they are interested in, even if it's just anime or video games.
>>
>>17129783
Same age, same problem.
I need half an hour to be able to get out of bed, being sleepy all day long just to be awake all night long.
When I got spare time, I just satre at the screen and my mind goes blank.
The realisation, that in the end all of us become stardust again and all we do is meaningless
>>
>>17129783
>>17129822
>>17130324
28 and feel the same. I rarely leave my bed unless I have to for work or family. It just keeps getting worse and worse. Its not hard for me to make friends, I just have absolutely no desire to do anything. I force myself to go to the gym for months or pick up other hobbies and feel no sense of accomplishment or really anything.
>>
>>17130606
Same... 36.
Have felt this way more or less continuously since about 2009. There were spikes of activity and motivation but basically I work to survive long enough so that my parents will not be sad that I've starved to death.
I'm basically running out the clock.
I'm pretty sure it's normal but everyone is taught to lie and say "no I don't feel like that" like children telling other children that there "must be a Santa..." even after they found out there isn't.
AND then I remember that I don't aways feel like this.
I've had WAVES of normalcy... when I wake up and don't feel like the best part of the day is the hour I'm half awake, half dreaming hitting snooze.

Over all...
>1, Passion is bullshit, don't look for a "passion" ... at best passions develop from other things.
"What are you passionate about" is a useless stupid question. IF we were passionate about something we'd already be doing it... or complaining that we weren't doing it... not sitting here feeling like there's nothing worth doing.
>2. Doing random things in the hope that you turn out to be secretly passionate about something is stupid... it takes time to develop a real interest in something to drive you to be passionate about it.

>3. Don't tell anyone what your goals are.
Tell them what you did yesterday.

"Yesterday I went rock climbing"

Make a list of things, and do something new as often as you can.

You don't need a sense of accomplishment, or reward, or anything like that...
There is no difference between feeling awful and numb in a basement or on a mountain top, except traveling to the mountain top has more chance of actually helping you feel not awful and numb anymore.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.