[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My friend is in jail on two counts of assault totalling a bail
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: 1460938093623.png (21 KB, 365x175) Image search: [Google]
1460938093623.png
21 KB, 365x175
My friend is in jail on two counts of assault totalling a bail amount of $1000.
Should I be able to pay one of the $500 amounts and reduce the sentence?
>>
>>17128483
>Should I be able to pay one of the $500 amounts and reduce the sentence?
Why would you? If they broke the law, let them learn. You're not going to get anything in return.
>>
>>17128493
It's honestly my girlfriend.
Can someone please answer my question
>>
That's not how bail works, you retard. Your girlfriend is still going to have to go to trial if they decide to go through with the charged.
>>
>>17128483
That sounds like a bribe probably not
>>
>>17128498
Can you explain the situation? Why is she in jail on two counts of assault?

I've never had a close friend, family member or partner that went through anything like that (and as such, I don't entirely know how it works). If she's in there, unless she's very fucking unlucky, she probably deserves it. There's no way in hell I'd bail my guy out if he was dumb enough to get into that kind of trouble.
>>
Yes. They'll cut him in half and let that part of him out on bail.
>>
>>17128483
yes you can pay the bail, but if she runs you lose it
>>
>>17128483
>>17128483
Bail is just like a security deposit. It means you can go home whilst you're waiting for your trial instead of being held in jail, and if you don't show up to court you loose your money. It doesn't have any effect on the sentence you get if the court finds you guilty. To get released on bail the whole amount needs to be paid before they'll let you (her) out.
>>
No, you can't reduce the sentence. All bail does is let the person get out of jail for the time being, but they still have to show up for a trial and face a sentence. The bail is a guarantee in case the accused doesn't show up to court and is used as bounty money.

You also have to pay the full amount. If you can't afford it you have to take out a bail bond. Go to a bail office and see if you can hire a bondsman to do this.
>>
Spending a bunch of money on the kind of girlfriend who gets herself thrown in jail for assault doesn't really sound like a good investment to me.
>>
>>17128565
This.
>>
It wouldn't reduce the sentence, it would just help to get him out of jail.

You'll get the money back (it isn't a bribe; it's to be sure he doesn't just run away — the government doesn't pocket it), if that's what you're worried about.

I honestly don't understand why you'd pay a guilty person's bail, but I feel like this is the kind of thing where I'd have to be in the situation to get it.
>>
What happens if I bail her out and then she goes to court and is found guilty?
>>
>>17128578
Then she has to serve whatever sentence she is given at sentencing.
>>
>>17128578
you get your money back after the trial no matter what the verdict is
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.