[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
AWFUL ROOMMATE ISSUES
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: 1451692780298.jpg (563 KB, 1258x1258) Image search: [Google]
1451692780298.jpg
563 KB, 1258x1258
Aight guys, I need some help.

A little background: Last Aug I signed a lease with 3 other guys. The terms were 1 month, $400 a month per person but we're collectively liable for the $1,600. Well, 2 of my room mates are terrible messy which caused the 3rd roommate to move out.

Since he moved out, a friend of mine took over the lease and ever since he has moved in it has been hell on earth. I don't want to get into the specifics because the details are too long.

More or less, he got a puppy (without paying the pet deposit) and he neglects it, leaving it to shit everywhere all the time. He leaves this shit in his room for days on end and since I live on the same floor as he does, I am constantly stuck with the stench of dog shit.

By all definitions, he neglects this dog. How can I get rid of this room mate and/or his dog without losing my deposit or getting evicted myself? I'm worried if I contact the landlord he'll kick ALL of us out.

>tl;dr: What can I fucking do about a room mate who neglects his dog and lets it shit everywhere without personally getting evicted?
>>
>>17123815
microwave the dog.
>>
>>17123815
>How can I get rid of this room mate and/or his dog without losing my deposit or getting evicted myself?
Give it to a no-kill shelter with a high adoption rate. Avoid the pound. Going to the landlord shouldn't exactly hurt you, but the guy could fuck you over on his way out.
>>
>>17123825
The dude would go ballistic and do the same thing to my dog
>>
>>17123815

Scoop up the dogshit and place it on his bed?
>>
>>17123851
It is already smeared on his bed by the dog.
>>
>>17123847
>The dude would go ballistic and do the same thing to my dog
Hide your dog somewhere? Maybe a friend or family member can take it until this shit is sorted out. Because if this guy is letting his animal run wild, and you also have a dog, they can blame you for the damage too.
>>
>>17123815
piss in his room say the dog did it, steal from him and blame the dog.
>>
>>17123859
I have several pictures on various dates of his room smothered in shit. Also at least one other witness, maybe even 2-4 witnesses that can verify my side.

Additionally, I contacted my landlord about 6 weeks ago asking about lease buyout options because I was having a trouble with the new room mate (him) but I didn't go into specifics.

Also this guy is borderline retarded and it's very obvious. I'm not worried about him getting the upper hand in a legal battle.
>>
>>17123885
Still, if he's as reckless as you make him out to be, hide your dog/valuables.

>I contacted my landlord about 6 weeks ago asking about lease buyout options because I was having a trouble with the new room mate (him) but I didn't go into specifics.
Any response?
>>
>>17123815
leave chocolate bars lying around. I think dark chocolate works better
>>
>>17123854
Captain hindsight here, you shouldn't have signed a lease that had three room mates. You should have gotten a smaller place with just one close buddy. You shouldn't have agreed to live with slobs unless you were cool with that lifestyle. You shouldn't have invited the ultra slob in who puts all other to shame with dogshit. If the room mate who couldn't stand the mess left, why can't you?
>>
>>17123899
He literally just said "I'm sorry to hear that. I'll email you a copy of your lease" but that was it.

I really wanna send him these pictures now.

>>17123906
Captain obvious here. More room mates means cheaper living. I'm a college student I can't waste money on dumb shit. I'm leaving in a month, but I don't have anyone to take over my lease so I'll be paying double rent for 2 months.
>>
second bump
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.