[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/adv/ help. How do I keep my sister from become trans? Her story
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: ItWillGetBetterTheySaid.jpg (13 KB, 283x296) Image search: [Google]
ItWillGetBetterTheySaid.jpg
13 KB, 283x296
/adv/ help. How do I keep my sister from become trans?

Her story isn't complex, no identity crises from birth or any of that nonsense. Instead, she was a normal female kid who likes guys, took take care of her nails etc all the way up to her early twenties. Her real problem is falling for peer pressure and wanting to imitate those that surround her. She went from film hipster, to literature, to circus performances--you name it--all because of her friends, or people she 'thought highly' off. Think of the try-hard middle-schooler kid copying whatever people think is 'cool'--that's my sister. Now unfortunately she's become a 'transexual activitist' and has been hanging out with trans of people for a while. While at some point she came out as gay (also very likely out of peer pressure and daddy issues), it was only until yesterday that we learned that she had been seeking and now has gotten approved for hormones. She hasn't taken them yet but knowing her, she will pretend this is vital for her. My sister is really just a suggestible dumbass and I know this will be something she will be regretting in a few years, just like many of her many 'phase' choices.

So /adv/, how the fuck do I convince her? How do I save my sister from her stupidity? Help...
>>
>>17123804

You don't. If it is truly what she wants and it is not caused by social factors, you really should support her. How old is she?
>>
>>17123804
>So /adv/, how the fuck do I convince her? How do I save my sister from her stupidity? Help...
You can't. People like her have to learn the hard way, unfortunately. She's too caught up in wanting to be liked and accepted, and this is something that most people leave behind when they finish school.
>>
She's another victim of the Internet fuelled society. Inform your parents that they're failures and accept it
>>
>>17123804
microwave your sister.
>>
You get her to imprint on you so she follows everything you do instead. There's nothing else you can do really. You can't teach her to think for herself. At best you can try to find a good herd for her to follow.
>>
>>17123813
Sadly, she's 30. She's never gotten over peer-pressure and her desire to be accepted by imitating those around her.

>>17123814
>>17123829

Indeed, but unlike her tats, piercings an other whimsical stuff she's done, this hormone stuff starts to mess with her own body, all because of an image. There's gotta be something to knock her out of that cloud. I'm wondering if anyone here has had a similar experience.
>>
File: fae.jpg (226 KB, 900x720) Image search: [Google]
fae.jpg
226 KB, 900x720
>>17123900
i find this thread incredibly interesting. have you considered that she might actually be trans? or if not that, maybe that she might be happier living as a boy.

your sister is 30 and old enough to make her own decisions. maybe you should try talking to her about this stuff as an adult (like without the blatantly aggressive and disapproving attitude you've shown here).

obviously you love her some or you wouldn't care. idk man. good thread though i hope it's not a troll.
>>
>>17123900
Can you find out who her therapist is? Maybe talk to them? I do think you'd need to get your sister to sign off on something though because of patient confidentiality. Maybe you could try to phrase it as wanting to be supportive/learn more, and ask about going to an appointment with her.
>>
File: BearyAboutToBearConsequences.png (38 KB, 327x349) Image search: [Google]
BearyAboutToBearConsequences.png
38 KB, 327x349
Any ideas are welcome. I'm going to be talking to her soon.
>>
>>17123994
Don't listen to this tranny
>>
Maybe try listening to and supporting your sibling...
>>
>>17123994
No. She was as normal of a woman as any for most of her formative years. However, her personality has always been prone to suggestion and social pressure. As I said before, this is apparent from the many changes she's done (none without a clear theme) that are nothing but 'fit-in phases'. She's only considering now because in trying to gain further acceptance into her newly found trans-friends, she will conduct these procedures. I'm positive she'll feel different a few years from now, but too late to reverse the irreversible.

>>17124007
I'm sure she goes to cherry picked trans-therapists and even then, I'm sure she'd agree to nothing. I do appreciate the suggestion about the proper tone to take though.

>>17124109
I'm not going to be supportive of whimsical decisions that will only harm her. Read above: she's not a typical trans case.
>>
A victim of the modern age, sadly.

>tranny defenders out in force
Reinforcing your sister's mental illness is the single worst thing you could do desu
There's no good answer. The laws have been set up to where you can't really help her.
>>
>>17124136
>>17124133
Is being trans really a bad thing? How does it harm an individual?
>>
>>17124152
It doesn't, it just hurts anon's fee fees.
>>
File: bluepills.jpg (48 KB, 719x480) Image search: [Google]
bluepills.jpg
48 KB, 719x480
>>17124133
there is no "typical trans case". everyone comes to these things in their own way. it seems to me that you're making a lot of assumptions about your sister and her motivations for making this decision. honestly, have you really even spoken to her about it? that's what you need to be doing. work hard to understand her perspective instead of deciding for yourself with the scarce information you have.

open, honest, and productive communication is key in all cases like this.
>>
>>17124152
>>17124157
There are irreversible changes. For a genuine trans-case, it doesn't matter because it fulfills their need for 'passing'. For an impressionable person with a need to belong, it will pay dearly a few years later when she'll regret it.

>>17124198
We just talked. As I presume, she's making a story of how this always 'represented her', despite the fact that she was always a normal woman until at least a few years ago. On the other hand she's now explained she wants to be "gender non-comformist" which is somewhat different, but she's nevertheless taking hormones.

It's really dissapointing though. She's very defensive and has taken the attitude of "yes, I have made mistakes in the past but that's how I learn." and "you are either with me or against me". I'll try to take the advice to keep things at a conversational level to maintain communication as you suggest though.

Thanks for everyone's input.
>>
I don't know what's up with some people in this thread trying to trick you into accepting your sister into going crazy irreversible lifestyle when she doesn't mean it.

Regardless, even though you've already talked to her, the best way to start her away from this path is to start to plant little logical question seeds as to why choosing to be trans doesn't make any sense.

By going ahead and confronting her has already made it about US (her and her trans friends) vs. BIGOTS (you) in her mind, so your best way is to do it as indirectly as you can. If you do it right, she won't be getting a refill on her hormones. If she really wants to be "gender non-conformist", then that's even more of a reason not to take the pills in the first place, and that gives you a starting point in the train of thought as to try and get her to move away from it.

The biggest problem will be her trans friends, but try making the argument that not all trans people ever transition. Maybe by pointing out all those guys who never transition nor take hormones but like to call themselves woman anyways. Just don't make it too obvious. It sounds like she's most susceptible to peer pressure + suggestion, so use that to your advantage.

Good luck OP
>>
Look, OP, I was a prissy, feminine girl and I ended up taking testosterone at 18, getting surgery at 21, etc after years of struggle and being a prissy, feminine guy. And I'm happy with that. I rank physically transitioning as one of the best decisions I ever made in my life.

Maybe your sibling ain't serious, it's true. But believe me, they are not gonna power through taking the wrong hormones. If there's one thing being trans has taught me, it's that being awash with sex hormones that don't fit you makes you into a fucking loony who can't stand the meatsack they're in. I tried "detransitioning" once--going off testosterone and letting my endocrine system "resettle", because it occurred to me that maybe I just made some rash decision as a teenager and I never got to see what letting my ovaries do their thing as an adult would do. It was terrible. Just terrible, just as I remembered it. If your sibling isn't set up to take testosterone, the problem is going to solve itself somehow or other. Social stigma (not from friends, but from the rest of the world) and physical dysphoria will make them drop it.

And if they do get on testosterone and they love it, consider that the behavioral/identity probs may have been a result of not transitioning.
>>
A very large % of non altered trans people suicide... And the percentage of altered or transitioned people is.....
Pretty much exactly the same.

She simply has mental problems, so accept that you may lose her eventually and take every opportunity you can to enjoy he company and take her on fun trips where you just don't bring up her problems.

Anything other than this is either going to pander to her madness or alienate you two.

She needs a friend.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.