[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Summer Intern
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
How to land a summer internship doing IT or web dev? Doesn't have to be paid, and I have experience interning at a local political party committee. Applied to 25 positions in the last 2 days, what do I do to be accepted?
>>
>>17123265

Did you invite you for an interview?
If not it is probably your motivational letter than you need to put an effort into
>>
>>17123265
I typed up my resume as well, am currently a HS senior going to undergrad at a STEM school. What am I doing wrong?

HS GPA 3.85/4 as well
>>
>>17123272
I haven't been invited for an interview for any of the IT/web internships I've tried for. I have been invited for an interview at a state assemblyman's office but parents believe an internship corresponding with my major is the way to go
>>
>>17123274
>freshman college student

You don't have the skillset most employers want at your current level. Many places do internships to snag juniors/seniors coming out of college. Not saying that there aren't any chances. The place that I work at now makes it a point to bring in some freshman/sophmores every summer for example, however many places are only looking to grab talent fresh out of college and a freshman is not that.

Keep trying and don't get discouraged by rejection because of that is what I'd say. Interning early in your career will be a very good thing when you do graduate
>>
>>17123280

Alright. Then you need to work on your motivational letter, that's the key.
>>
>>17123295
Will do that (interpreting motivational letter as meaning cover letter)
>>17123291
I definitely will keep trying, thank you for your insight anon
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.