[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
For a young male, (21) What would you consider financially stable
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: gr8.png (887 KB, 1228x868) Image search: [Google]
gr8.png
887 KB, 1228x868
For a young male, (21) What would you consider financially stable enough to get married?
>>
>>17123026
Maybe 50-60k a year with a steady white-collar job

That's when my brother married anyways and he's been fine. Of course moved out is another, and paying for your own insurance
>>
>>17123026
It depends on where you live. $45K/year in one state might get you a lot further than in another state. You might need $60K just to live as comfortably as that $45K.

It also depends on how you live. You can be incredibly frugal yet still have a decently nice and comfortable lifestyle if you're okay with that and can manage it properly. Or hell are you even just okay with being poor?

It's all relative to your personal situation. What is stability to you, and more importantly what does it mean to your partner? You could get a rough idea here but there are a lot of variables you need to give us to more accurately assess you.
>>
>>17123033
Should there be a prerequisite # of years working beforehand?
>>
>>17123055
No
>>
>>17123055
As long as you've got job stability, no.
>>
>>17123026
30k without children, 40-45k for one child, 50k+ for 2+ kids. Like another anon said, cost of living is important to consider. I was going by my area, a middle-class suburb.

>>17123033
That's a lot, especially without kids.
>>
Enough saved to support you, your wife, and a couple of kids without any income at all for a year or two. Depends on where you live. In the U.S. I'd say have at least $100,000 saved up with at least $50,000 a year income. In eastern europe that figure would be around $25,000 at the most for example.
>>
>>17123026
Dont do it OP.
>>
>Steady job
>living in own place
>able to put at least half of each paycheck into savings and still have enough left over for bills
>Save at least 6 months worth of paychecks for emergency
>liquor cabinet stocked with all sorts of hard liqor
>crushing realization that financial success will never remove that spaghetti from you
>tolerance with living alone
>>
How much is too much and then women come after you only for the money?
>>
OP don't fall for the marriage meme
>>
>>17123026
OP, please oh GOD do not do this
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.