[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
For some reason, someone I speak to thinks this girl likes me.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 5
File: 1.jpg (232 KB, 718x1280) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
232 KB, 718x1280
For some reason, someone I speak to thinks this girl likes me.

I did ask this girl out twice. Once Yes, second was "I'll have to see when Im free"

Then the screen shots happened when I asked her to hang out with some friends.
>>
File: 2.jpg (242 KB, 722x1283) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
242 KB, 722x1283
>>
File: 3.jpg (251 KB, 721x1278) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
251 KB, 721x1278
Should have mentioned that I am interested in her obviously, but I dont see these as anything more. But something must be there for a my friend to think she is interested.
>>
Cringe
>>
>>17120471
Unless I'm missing something I don't see anything cringeworthy
>>
>>17120470
She probably thinks you're a cool guy and wants you as a friend
>>
>>17120505

Thats what I thought, but a friend thinks theres more due to how person she was with the details
>>
>>17120502
Yea, there really is not. He's just asking if there is anything that can be seen as interest as appearantly his friend sees something
>>
Wait 3-5 days and then try messaging her again.

If she's interested in you then you'll meet up. If she's not, it'll be apparent.

Just don't get too clingy. What I'm getting is that she's got a lot on her mind and schedule and isn't interested in flirting/dates at the moment.

If you're free in five days, message her in three days and set up a date. Something simple, like going out to eat.

Just always remember your goal is to get her to meet up, not text conversations. If you text too much, you'll have little to talk about in person, and you can bore her.

She might even contact you soon, but I personally would message her in three days and ask what she's up to. Then after a few fluff texts say "We should hang out this week. What's your schedule looking like?" then arrange date.

Be cool and confident m8
>>
>>17120799
I would probably wait until after Thurs,-Saturday and probably Sunday as well as we have finals and she had the graduation that weekend. But I think I'll do what you said, though he she ended it kinda implied that she'll be open to do something once she's done with school for the semester.
>>
>>17120454
She's writing fairly detailled replies. People don't do that if they just want to be polite.

She likes talking to you at least, Anon. Go ahead and see if you can go further.
>>
>>17121961
True. I just find it a little odd as in school we spoke maybe a dozen times total, I did ask her out twice. Yes the first time, then I'm busy the second time with no explanation.

It could be that she started to become interested in me as those are valid excuses, and it did leave off with either of us to ask the other to do something.

Also quite a few private details which would seem odd to mention to a not so close friend.
>>
>>17122026
Also she never texts first, and I am always the one initiating the conversation l. But she does not cut off the conversatiom
>>
Yeah quite a few friends of mine see there as being a distinct possibility of her being interested in me
>>
She's not interested. She also very clearly changed the topic away from hanging out and you changed it back by saying you'll message her when you're free. Don't do that shit OP.
>>
>>17122706
I can see where you are coming from, but the fact that she gave such specific reasons tend to indicate that she would have been willing to hang out if she was free.

Plus she left it open for either of them to make contact to hangout when ever they are free.
>>
OP here.

The current assumption im running under taking all opinions into account.

She likes talking to me (If the content of Responses and length is anything to go by)

Willing/wanting to hang out sometime soon, and left it to either of us to bring it up (because of her saying stuff like Definitely and telling me to contact her as well)

May have some interest in me as more than a friend (Mainly again due to her response type and content)
>>
>>17120470
I kinda chuckled at this. Should have stopped texting after her confirmation. For some reason you went on about some other shit and then REITERATED the point that she already confirmed.
>>
>>17123250
sounds like she likes you and wants to see you she just has to clear her shedule...
>>
>>17123261
Also you put the ball in her court and said "You text me", if you're trying to make a move then you should be the one to make the plan and text her.
>>
>>17123261
I'll admit I screwed up there a bit. After that, I asked her about how her sisters competition went, she replied kinda like she has been.

>>17123268
Then she kinda put it back in my court by saying "Will do, Same goes for you"

>>17123266
Probably true. Early - Mid May is terrible for College Students with siblings.

Finals, Graduations, Competitions and other stuff.
>>
>>17120454

women are shit OP. If one starts playing this "teehee yea we totally need to hang out! Dang I'm busy...woops busy again, dangit I'm just so busy lately!" Just give up. You're only going to hurt and embarass yourself by continuously asking and getting politely rebuffed.

If a girl TRULY was interested then she would suggest a time she was free on her own or reschedule. Nobody is 'busy' 24/7.
>>
>>17123314
Like I said. This week is 100% understandable. Finals, Graduations, Family stuff.

And Probably does not know what he work schedule looks like for next week.
>>
>>17123299
She didn't put it back in your court, she was just being a standard human being by being polite.

>>17123314
This guy is right.

Give her the benefit of the doubt but don't let it consume you
>>
>>17123325
>She didn't put it back in your court, she was just being a standard human being by being polite.

But judging by her actions in the past, it is a bit out of the ordinary for her to say that.
>>
>>17123343
Okay. You keep rationalizing everything so you get the answers you want, so you're not really looking for another opinion, just to validate your own.

Do what you want and go ahead and ask her out, it wouldn't hurt.
>>
>>17123355
Maybe I am subconsciously, but I plan on inviting her to hang out in a couple weeks when all the school stuff should clear up.
>>
>>17123372
It wouldn't hurt. there's nothing wrong with making a move. It's better then thinking "what if" all the time.
>>
>>17123376
True. True. I already decided that I would ask about how her bros graduation went (He's up at Uni ~150 miles away) and then depending if I have an idea of if I'm free then, ill see if she wants to hang out
>>
File: 4.png (89 KB, 1062x532) Image search: [Google]
4.png
89 KB, 1062x532
But yea, this is what the one person was saying about why she thinks the one Im texting is interested in me.
>>
>>17120470
>>17120461
>>17120454
Don't hang on her texts.

The trick is to get the girl to hang on your texts.
>>
>>17120454
>>17120461
she does not sound interested. i'm sorry, but this is coming from a girl, and many girls have "empty conversations" to fill tension or avoid a conversation they don't want to have. don't be misleaded by her telling you information about her family -- it is what anyone would say to a friend, she is just giving you a reasonable explanation as to why she cannot or does not want to see you. if she was more interested she would MAKE time to see you, not leave it at a "i'll tell you when i'm free". sure, maybe she will actually tell you, but don't depend your life on it.
>>
>>17123517
It's just kinda odd. I got responses all over the place for this, both from guy and girls. Some are saying interested like >>17123487 screenshot shows.

Some are saying that she likes speaking to me at bare minimum.
>>
>>17123487
Oh god, this 'someone' is just a random redditer???

Why would you trust that OP?
>>
>>17123580
She's been reliable with this whole situation.

I don't trust her anymore than some randoms on 4chan. But having some other opinions does not hurt, anyway what shes saying there does make sense to a degree.
>>
There is a fool proof planned I learned over the year that will 100% let you know if a girl is any at all interested.

>No Contact

If she is interested, she'll text you something, even if its just hi.

>Works...every...fucking...time.
>>
>>17123620

This. A chick was dropping some major hints, but would never go out with me.

Went no Contact

>One month later
>"I Miss You."

I was in.
>>
>>17123487
That seems over the top for a lot of stuff that might just be small talk. I wouldn't consider "my sister is in a competition today" to be personal private information. Look at the way it's presented in text too, it was just part of "this is why you didn't see me today, and why I'm busy."
Really hard to read it as "this is something important that's happening today."
>>
>>17123659
True. In the past with people who would ask her to hang out or go get coffee or similar, she would leave it simple and vague at "I have work"

But for me, she gave a 100% valid and detailed explanation for this thing. Under most circumstances she could have left it at just I have my brothers graduation.
>>
>>17123701
She might like you more than them, there's just no guarantee if it's as friends or potentially more.
I was just saying it's over the top to think she's hoping you ask about those things later. They do sound like valid reasons, not just excuses.
>>
File: 1361756118641.png (333 KB, 637x599) Image search: [Google]
1361756118641.png
333 KB, 637x599
>>17123487
>Taking dating advice from women
>Taking dating advice from some random Redditor
>>
>>17123803
I don't taking any one piece of advice at face value.

Its not different than taking advice from a random person of 4chan
>>
I will never understand why people feel the need to have entire conversations over text. I use text for two things: Getting/sending info and for coordinating what's going to happen. Literally EVERYTHING ELSE you can call me or we'll talk about it IN PERSON. I just don't understand the pleasure of texting essays back and forth when an actual conversation is so much better
>>
>>17124168
I was gonna speak to her in person, but she was not in class that day, and I usually reserve calls for emergency shit.
>>
>>17124182
I'm going to give you a golden nugget Pokemon style. When you're unsure of what a girl thinks about you say nothing. No contact nothing, go about your business of improving your life. She'll hit you up if she wants anything from you.

Contrary to public belief women know what they want and she knows what you're doing. Stop doing it and the first thing that runs through her head is...
>why isn't he texting me anymore?

And the ball thusly returns to your court
>>
>>17124197
That is a possible plan of action.
>>
>>17123500
What does that mean?
>>
>>17124197
I'm still new to dating and I think I'm gonna use this as a guideline for it all
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.