[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it normal to lose interest in sex with age? I'm 25 and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1
File: 1457849843237.gif (904 KB, 500x532) Image search: [Google]
1457849843237.gif
904 KB, 500x532
Is it normal to lose interest in sex with age?

I'm 25 and I got married a year ago. We used to do it a lot when we first met but it quickly tapered off (maybe do it a few times a year now). It kinda feels like a chore especially when there's the worry of pregnancy and to be honest there are other lots of things I find more interesting and productive to focus on.

My wife's attractive but not a glamour model. There's not much scope for improving our looks much more barring surgery and it's just downhill for both of us from here considering aging... I haven't been in a serious relationship with any other girls before.
>>
>>17120397
I'm 23, unmarried, and I feel the same. I can't answer your question, but I am wondering the same thing. I suppose everyone's different though.
>>
>>17120397
"One year"
"We do it a few times a year"
>>
>>17120403
You know what I mean

Maybe I should have married someone more with bigger tits or something..
>>
>>17120434
>Maybe I should have married someone more with bigger tits or something..
Flaccid prick in more ways then one
>>
You probably have low testosterone. That tends to happen naturally with age as well as with being in a LTR. Do you exercise? How often and what kind?
>>
>>17120628
What is an exercise? I don't even leave the house. How does this word affect my testosterone levels? That seems absurd.
>>
>>17120631
Well there's your problem. You need to exercise in order to have healthy hormone levels, and subsequently a healthy sex drive.
>>
>>17120628
I tested my testosterone before and it was normal. It just feels like inevitable psychological boredom like I can't be sexually excited about the same girl forever (like wanting apples, then when you've ate nothing but apples for weeks you feel like oranges)

I exercise occasionally (situps/squats etc.)
>>
>>17120643
>it just feels like inevitable psychological boredom like I can't be sexually excited about the same girl forever (like wanting apples, then when you've ate nothing but apples for weeks you feel like oranges)
How long did you date before you married? How come you married if you feel this way, or how did you not realize you are the type of person to become bored beforehand?
>I exercise occasionally (situps/squats etc.)
If you do more, that will most likely improve your drive. Regular weight lifting is a good start. If anything, at least it will improve your health.
>>
>>17120631
Google it, retard.
>>
>>17120651
> How come you married if you feel this way
Because I didn't want to spend my life switching from girl to girl every few years then end up as one of those lonely middle aged guys who has to pay prostitutes to keep the cycle going
>>
>>17120661
But are you happy this way? How does your wife feel?
>>
>>17120664
She's not massively into sex

I've never seen her masturbate
>>
>>17120670
But are you both happy with this or no?
>>
>>17120697
I guess my tendency to always want more gets in the way of happiness
>>
My advice is to learn to have sex for the sake of sex itself rather than for the orgasm. What makes it feel like a chore?

Something else you guys need to learn is to flirt and tease each other. If every touch makes either of you freeze up because there's the expectation of sex, that's going to take a mental toll on the both of you.

You guys should really go to counseling, honestly. You'd be surprised how much insight a professional third party can provide. In order for it to work you both need to be willing to take it seriously, though.
>>
>>17120768
I just don't feel any interest

Just feels like "been there done that"
>>
>>17120397
Wtf man. I've been married for 10 year with two years relationship beforehand. We have two little kids and a baby who get in our way but we still do it like once a week. An I know we'll do it more often when the kids grow up a little bit more.

You have done every possible thing wrong. Why did you marry if you didn't think your girlfriend is an absolute goddess but only meh. It seems you don't enjoy her company too much either.

You just settled for someone not to be alone. Now you ask about advice. Well, sorry. I can't say anything oher than maybe talk to her about how you feel, communicate better and try to rescue what's left or brake up.
>>
>>17121587
>think your girlfriend is an absolute goddess

How do people think this unironically unless they're like a 1/10 going out with a 10/10
>>
>>17121587
>een married for 10 year with two years relationship beforehand. We have two little kids and a baby who get in our way but we still do it like once a week. An I know we'll do it more often when the kids grow up a little bit more.

Dude do I have news for you. It doesn't get any better than you have it now and once a week is a lot for most people married 10 years or more.
>>
>Internet is literally filled with low-test betas, whining about how they've lost their sex drive
>Stuck in a relationship with a woman who lost her sex drive

S-Should I start cucking people?
>>
>>17121885
It will get better because every time we get to have the kids at their grandparents or so we have way more sexytimes than usual. Sometimes if we didn't have any opportunities for too long we even sneak into the bathroom and pretend to bathe and on potty just to have sex.
Or we tell em we're tired and need to take a nap and lock the bedroom afterwards. Being silent is the hard part but it's doable.
>>
>>17121885
>once a week is a lot for most people married 10 years
Well I think it's partly because 10 years married people tend to be old as fuck too. And we just entered our thirties.
>>
Sometimes I just wonder what the whole point of this having sex thing is if we're not trying to have kids
>>
>>17123413
Bonding. The skin to skin contact, cuddling and caressing feels plain amazing and helps me to relieve stress.
Human need this. Its the same with apes who remove their lice from each other.
>>
>>17120724
So you do want more sex? Or what? What is the issue? You said you're not into sex and she isn't either.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.