[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Ask the opposite gender anything
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 11
File: 166153488[1].jpg (30 KB, 449x381) Image search: [Google]
166153488[1].jpg
30 KB, 449x381
Before you post a question, check here to see if it's already been answered
Keep your questions short and sweet for more answers.
And please no derailing arguments.

FAQ:

>Do girls/guys like <insert specific look>?
>Is my body part big/small enough?
>Am I short/tall enough?
>Would you date a virgin?
><Random insecurity>
Some do, some don't. Preferences differ, but complexes are always a turn-off.

>I'm shy and afraid of people/rejection. What do I do?
Think positive, and get over it by practicing and exposing yourself to it, little by little, step by step. There is no single magical moment that will instantly change you forever. It takes hard work, time, and effort.

>I like someone. What do I do?
Ask them out.

>How can I tell if someone likes me?
Ask them out. This is something that cannot be explained. You either have learned to intuit this or you have not. If you have not, the only way to learn is experience--there are no shortcuts. So it comes back to: Just ask them out.

>Where do I meet girls/guys?
Anywhere outside. Or online.

>Someone did something insignificant. What does it mean?
Nothing significant. Stop overthinking it.
Alternative answer: we don't fucking know.

>XYZ happened. Did I fuck it up with this guy/girl?
Maybe, maybe not. We're not in their head, we don't know. No amount of your walls of text will fix that.

>This person did something that hurt my feelings. Why do guys/girls do this?
Because shit people are shit people. It's not a gendered thing

>Someone has made it abundantly clear they're no longer interested in me. Do I still have a chance?
No

>Where do I go on a first (or subsequent) date?
Pick one or more of the following: coffee, lunch, dinner, drinks, ice cream, movies, zoo, aquarium, museum, art gallery, <activity in your city>

>Brandon, that one guy who keeps asking about cuddling in platonic friendships and fart guy
Fuck off
>>
Girls,

Do you care if a straight guy experimented in college and decided he didn't like it? Would you bail if you found out? Do you not care? Would you rather know or not hear?
>>
>>17120139
Probably wouldn't care to know, unless the situation arised where it could provide insight or sympathy towards a position. Definitely not something you'd bring up while choking down a footlong from Subway.
>>
>>17120139
No one wants to hear that
>>
So I've never dated before and I've started seeing this girl. Seen her twice now, once for drinks and then for dinner. We get along pretty well which is great but I have no idea how to initiate anything further. Do I just keep seeing her until something happens or am I meant to do something? I have no idea what I'm doing.
>>
>>17120139
>Do you care if a straight guy experimented in college and decided he didn't like it?
A bit, but mostly because I don't like casual stuff. Who he had sex with wouldn't matter as much as the fact that he fucked around.
>Would you rather know or not hear?
At some point of the relationship, I want to know about my partner's past, and I'd rather if he was honest about it.
>>
do you girls find glasses unattractive or is such a thing a non issue?

can post pic of my sorry ass if needed.
>>
Copy paste from the soon to be dead thread
Girls what do you think when a guy has a really close and bro-like relationship with his 3 years younger sister

My sister is a total shut in, watches anime and reads books all day every day and we get along pretty well, we call each other whores and bitches and threaten to kill each other for fun and talk shit all the time but we have a damn good bond, we were there for each other when needed and she's a great friend
I can come home and she would follow me around talking about stuff, we watch movies together all the time and experiment in the kitchen with all sorts of sweets and food in general

She's my only family beside my parents and my two ex girlfriends became friends with her and one though she was adorable and would spend a lot of time with her as well but they were girls with similar friends to begin with

Also if you were to come over would you mind a person like that in general?
>>
>>17120208
My boyfriend used to be like that with his sister, until he started dating me and she got all bitter and spiteful about it. My brother and I are pretty close too, so I wouldn't have a problem with that at all as long as we got time to ourselves.

>>17120197
It depends on the guy, and your question also falls under the first question in the FAQ.
>>
>>17120223
i relize that it fall under the frist in the FAQ but i ask this based on expericen that i dont get much of a quick glance if even that from 80% of all girls within eyes shot.

a difference questiong could be "do you know any friends who dislike glasses/find it unatractive.
>>
>>17120233
The first part of my answer still stands. If you want to post a photo and ask for opinions, go to >>>/soc/
>>
>>17120233
Nobody I know really minds. You're probably just insecure or ugly.
>>
foxy stout here how do I start conversations with girls outside, without coming off as a serial killer or a loony.
>>
>>17120223
Nah this is the type that would high five me after you leave

And she did spend moat of her time in a different room so i can have my time with the girl as well
>>
I've been hopelessly in love with a girl for 6 years. I've had girlfriends in that time and I still see the girl, we sometimes talk and just a few months ago she had feelings for me.

Then she stopped talking to me for a month or 2 and starts again, this time saying that she's happy with her life and herself and blah.

She's always been the girl that I ask "what if?" about. She's had feelings for me twice in these 6 years so maybe, just maybe, I can be with her one day.

Girls, because she started talking to me again, do you think I should try this time or because of what she's said, just let it go?
>>
Girls, how do I tell the difference between you playing dumb for attention and just plain not understanding something?
I honestly can't tell with this one girl I work woth
>>
What does a pussy taste like?
>>
>>17120242
These threads don't like NEETs and beta losers and try their best to discourage them from having a successful life anymore.

You are better off killing yourself than actually making an earnest attempt to better your life with help from people that have zero empathy for people that have problems they never had trouble with.
>>
Girls

Do you all ever get the "friend" feeling for a guy even after you have slept with him?

I've heard that it's impossible to get friendzoned after having sex.

The reason I ask is because me and this girl started dating for a little while. We slept together a couple of times and it went good.

We haven't been out in a month but she still talks to me.

What gives?
>>
>>17120282
wow, well I guess I got advice in the end thanks anon.
>>
>>17120286
>I've heard that it's impossible to get friendzoned after having sex.
That's bullshit and you're an idiot for blindly believing whatever you read on the internet
>>
Hay gurls, why don't u go out with a nice guy with swag???

(here's a vid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dG00VF64msM )
>>
>>17120300
Hey, that's my boyfriend
>>
>>17120233
>i relize that it fall under the frist in the FAQ but i ask this based on expericen that i dont get much of a quick glance if even that from 80% of all girls within eyes shot.
You dense faggot, 98% of guys don't.
>>
>>17120233
Glasses are usually unhelpful to your looks. Exceptions are rare.
This is mainly because like any accessory, they cover up and distort your facial structure, making it harder to scan. And on top of that, they distort your eyes, a critical feature of the face.
But don't worry about it too much, it's not too bad.

Also, if you want to get glances from all the girls around, start dressing sharply and with flair (good and eye-catching color combos) and style your hair well. That turns their heads. Won't make you look better, but it'll get you more looks.
>>
femanons: how do i get my lady to do anal? what motivated you to do anal?
>>
>>17120291
Spreading the good word, my friend. No regular of here could really answer a question in this thread if it wasn't an extension of themselves. Trying to care for something they see as below them is an awful feeling for these posters.

You can't win
>>
>>17120300
>im a big guy
for you
>>
long story ill make it short.

I had a fight with a girl who i was interested in. Shes crazy and flipped out at me about nothing and then told me nothing more is going to happen between us, blocked me, then deleted her facebook page like 10 minutes later.

It's been like a week and she hasn't brought her page back, until today i noticed cause i was chatting with someone else that her picture in the chat window had changed to her and some guy. I checked her page again and it still wasn't up so that basically means she updated her picture and then deleted her page again.

Why is she doing this? Is she trying to make me jealous or something? Its a really stupid attempt too because i know who the guy is and hes a flaming homosexual(but she doesn't know i know him).
>>
>>17120431
Just ignore her dude. Nothing she does matters.
>>
>>17120436
i know its just pissing me off. i was really nice to her and it seems like shes purposefully trying to make me feel bad. I just don't get why someone would be like that.
>>
>Saturday night
>see the hottest girls in my area online on dating site
>???
Shouldn't they be in dance clubs or enjoying some cock? Explain this to me.
>>
Do girls just naturally smell good.

Guys usually smell like nothing, or sweat to me.

Girls always have a pleasant smell. Is it just natural or something?
>>
>>17120448
If you're a straight guy it's because you're attracted to girls, not guys.
>>
>>17120431
What was the fight about?
>>17120444
b8
>>
>>17120363

This is highly situational. We will break it into the two most common situations, one you can remedy, one you cannot.

>She has not had the buttsecks before

Be polite, be patient, and be open about how much you want to take her brown cherry. Tell her you would really like to try it, but when shes ready. Dont demand or pester her about it, its her pooper. Once your comfortable enough with each others sexuality, and you haven't been a dick about wanting to pound dat ass i'm sure she would be happy to try it and see if she likes it.

>She has had the buttsecks, and doesn't like it.

She doesn't like it. So its not going to happen. Don't be an asshole and pressure her into doing something she doesn't like.
>>
>>17120458
Does it matter?

She said she doesn't want to talk over her facebook because its linked to her school email, and pictures of her/just being paranoid in general(in retrospect im pretty sure that was a lie).

I said to her "we could talk over snapchat since the convos aren't permanent you wouldnt have to worry about that". And she flipped out on me for "pushing her into talking about something that made her uncomfortable".
>>
>>17120448

It's a combination of hormones and the fact that pretty much everything we use is scented to some degree
>>
>>17120448
Basically everything we use is scented like >>17120476 said. From hair products to moisturizer. Sitting here I can smell the de tangle spray I used to brush my ratty hair with to make it nice. Its pretty overpowering now that i mention it
>>
>>17120364
Damn ain't that some truth
>>
Does lack of experience of relationships make me seem like a bad bet?
Like, I'm either autistic, or just nervous all the time when I was with this one person, and so, it never really hit off.

I don't want to force stuff when I'm with people, I want it to be good and natural. I can relax around her, but I'm always like "should I, shouldn't I?" because I at least THOUGHT that we should have moved forward with a relationship, but of course, I according to some people's definition always pussied out.

Now, I was nervous, but now I'm dateless at 23.
I don't know what I'd do even if I get something going with someone. On top of my normal nerves, I'm afraid that women will think there's something wrong with me since I have virtually no experience in doing intimate shit.
Like, it'd be a red flag or something.
>>
>>17120364
>Trying to care for something they see as below them is an awful feeling for these posters.

First time posting in these threads, what are you all bothered about?
>>
>>17120504
you could just lie and say it was religious reasons, or make something else up if it makes you feel better.

Most women probably wouldn't care as long as you didn't open up with "btw i haven't dated anyone ever". If they ask just say you don't have that much experience and that you were shy when you were younger.
>>
Girls

why do you automatically assume something is wrong with a 25 year old male who's never been in a relationship before?

I saw in another thread people criticizing a anon, saying he was probably ugly and socially weak because he never had a girlfriend before. I'm just like him, and don't understand why he was treated badly.
>>
>>17120615
I haven't seen the thread, but those posters were probably male. I don't know why everyone talks about girls always being nasty to each other, because guys seem to do it just as much, if not more.
>>
>>17120615

Being a 25+ yo (of either gender) who's never been in a relationship seems weird because It suggests:

1.) something is fundamentally wrong with them (sociopath, psychopath, emotinally deranged, etc)
2.) they will be immature because of their lack of experience (they'll be starting from absolute zero with no prior personal experience. Something most people do ten years earlier. And this can result in people who are HYPER needy/emotional/cheat prone/reclusive/walled off/insecure/whatever kids do when they're younger)
3.) They will may become rooted in old habits and not be able to adapt to the dynamic of a relationship.

And I say all this as a guy whose first relationship was at 27. How much of that actually applied to me? None, but I kind of burned through all that in a flash of insanity like three or for years prior when I fell in love for the first time and went kind of berserk mode (Ahh... even thinking about some of the shit I did makes me laugh and cringe a little.)
>>
>>17120761

That.. That sounds awful.. So you're saying I should just stay away from women?
>>
>>17120789
The dude just told you that he had his first relationship at 27.
>>
>>17120793

Yeah but look at the hell he went through
>>
>>17120274
Bump
>>
>>17120797
It's up to you.
>>
>>17120133
What's it like not having a penis and having to stay in the kitchen all day as a result?

I imagine that you simply make friends of the sponge and wooden utensils. Having make believe conversations between the two.

Oh these conversations are lighthearted enough until the wooden spoons begin to accuse the sponge of rape.

Or so I imagine.
>>
>>17120815
The spoon is hard wood and the sponge is full of holes. Why is the sponge the rapist?
>>
>>17120815

Guy here

typically I would laugh at a post like this. But I'm in very irritated and pissed off mood from some unrelated things. But if you said this shit infront of me, for some reason I have the urge to punch you in the fucking face right now, anon.
>>
a girl i liked threatened to get a restraining order and blocked me from facebook/their phone.

im extremely upset, and i don't think i did anything wrong.

i don't know what to do. it really hurts to have someone you like hate your guts because you wanted to be with them.
>>
File: tywin-lannister-500x280.png (66 KB, 500x280) Image search: [Google]
tywin-lannister-500x280.png
66 KB, 500x280
>>17120829
A guy who must say he is a guy.....is no guy....

Get back in the kitchen.
>>
>>17120829
Would you like a tampon?
>>
Gals

>Be perfectly ordinary guy from regular family
>Got into college on scholarship
>Been dating
>Almost woman I've dated recently has turned out to be an heiress from a wealthy family who grew up sheltered
>At least one has wanted to marry me

Do rich women have a type or something?
>>
>>17120821
Oh don't get me wrong, the spoon won't be raped....but the forks and cups....they know the cold spongy injustice.

The spoon was simply calling out the sponge. Everyone knows what's happening...no one talks about it.....
>>
>>17120843
i don't know what you're even saying....but i'd assume that most people's type would be someone's who's not a slut.
>>
>>17120789
>>17120797

?? hell? I didn't give a fuck, I let myself be crazy (like I knew I was doing it and said fuck it) for like two months to get it out of my system then just said fuck it, stopped, normalized, and never felt the need to repeat any of it again.

If you want to be a sad sack and cry woe is me, because you think it's hell, it's up to you, but that's not what I said, and it's your own failing.
>>
Girl texts me

>Heys
>Respond, "Hey, whats up?"
>Her, "Nothing watching TV you?"
>Me, "Just studying for my final on tuesday, about to go to bed."
>Her, "Night!"

Will she be mad if I don't respond?
>>
>>17120856
If she gets mad, you know you have to run; my point being that if she can't understand you are studying and need to rest, you're better off without her.
>>
>>17120841
>>17120842

I really am a guy. Reason I specified is because typically a guy wouldn't get upset over people making fun of girls. Typically I wouldn't either. Just, I'm mad at the fucking world right now
>>
>>17120856
Naah man...

Just send her a picture of your dick with sombrero and a sticky that reads nighty night.
>>
>>17120851

I'm not crying. I just don't understand why I'm a fucking bad person because I've never been in a relationship
>>
>>17120862
LOL. I'm not the guy you're replying to, but you have inspired me, man.
>>
>>17120861
This is why you shouldn't teach women to read.
>>
File: ls.png (88 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
ls.png
88 KB, 250x250
>>17120867
God speed son.
>>
Say you went to a burger place after a night out with two girls and one of them bought fries, and then the louder one grabs one of your fries from your plate and then looks slyly at you even though they have their own fries? What is that about?
>>
Guys: I'm a girl who loves nail polish, doing my nails, nail art etc. and pay a lot of attention to my nails in general. Would you consider me vapid or shallow or whatever for this?
>>
>>17120884
She likes fries and wants to eat yours as well as hers
>>
>>17120890

It fits a stereotype, but as a trait taken in isolation it doesn't mean you're necessarily shallow.
>>
>>17120884

Don't listen to this faggot >>17120895

She's trying to assert her dominance over you.

What you need to do is flip the fuck out.

Tear your shirt off, jump ontop of the table and make baboon noises. Beat your chest and hop up and down.

At this point she'll be frozen by your alpha display. At this point grab her by the hair and drag her to the nearest restroom and fuck her.....

And that little Timmy is how you get a gf.
>>
>>17120884

She's testing you to see how much shit she can get away with.
>>
>>17120890
Hard to judge without knowing how you are and what your actual interests are. Unless, of course, your nails are all you care about, in which case yes, you'd be shallow and vapid.
>>
>>17120890
Well little suzy, I'd consider you a whore.

The only proper attire for a women is a hijab.

I bet you're the kind of hussy who shows her ankles too. Are your parents proud of you?
Because Allah is ashamed.
>>
>>17120133
if anyone has had a similar situation to mine:

I trust my girlfriend but I get the feeling she has a thing for one of my friends. This particular friend of mine is pretty tall, all right looking, loaded with money, and is a pretty funny guy to be around. I have no problems with him but I've noticed my girl is very enthusiastic talking to him, ignores me when I try to cut into their conversations sometimes. We're all open people, there's no limit on what we talk about.

I'm not an insecure guy but as we were all chilling on the couch today she was staring at him pretty intensely. He showed her his tiny nipples (always been an insecurity of his i dont know guys) and she asked if his abs were because he was skinny or if he worked out. She proceeded to compliment him.

I don't know guys, I asked her about her opinion on him and told her that I got the vibe she was crushing on him. She guaranteed that she isn't and apologized for making it seem like that. Couple months before dating me he tried asking her out and she was weirded out by him but now after knowing him a bit more I feel like she's changed her mind about him.

She's very affectionate with me when alone, always tells me she loves me, and really feels like we have an emotional connection. But we don't have that many similar interests, she likes doing risky things while I'm more of the "hey maybe we shouldn't be doing this" type. My friend is more like her so they get along well.

I guess it's like I can sense the chemistry between them. And she gives off these vibes which in turn make me feel slightly jealous. I'm not a jealous guy normally and I do trust my girlfriend, I just...don't know man. This isn't something I can talk to her openly about without seeming like an insecure bitch or thinking I'm suspicious of her.
>>
>>17120906
>>17120903

That's really weird to me I guess. I mean is that normal? Does it always mean that? Why would she need to see how much she can get away with?
>>
>>17120921
Well, little jimmy the solution is pretty obvious...you have to fuck your friend.

She's clearly mirin him badly, it's like primal, she wants his dick, so the solution is to take his butthole. If he becomes your cumslut she'll sense the dominance in you and be forced to stay part of your harem.

I ran into a similar problem like this once in my youth. I just told my friend that we were gonna do some hunting, as soon as we got out far enough well, his gun wasn't loaded and mine was. I dropped my pants....and well.....did you know anal sex feels the same as vaginal?

We were....just so very close after that.....
>>
>>17120922
okay dr.faggot....she was playing with you. Just play back grab her fries or titties...or both.
>>
>live with about 17 people in a house
>friend of housemate visits every now and then
>pretty cute but haven't been introduced or anything
>seen her around and said hi to her once or twice
>most recently, I was going upstairs and saw her in my peripherals
>sort of lifted my arm to see who it was and it was her
>she was also looking although she was probably looking to see who was going upstairs, not necessarily looking at me specifically
>the housemate she's friends with graduates this semester

What should I do? Is it weird to friend someone you haven't been introduced to in person? I don't think anyone has said her name around me so I don't think I can get away with friending her.

Should I just wait for a time when she's visiting the house and introduce myself? I'd like to friend her on Facebook, but I'm pretty sure it would be weird since no one has said her name or anything like that around me.
>>
>>17120992
>live with about 17 people in a house
What
>>
>>17120947
>okay dr.faggot....she was playing with you. Just play back grab her fries or titties...or both.

Don't do the second one. The first one is fine, people will call you a creep and ruin your life with number 2.

>>17121003
Mexicans.
>>
>>17120161
Please respond.
>>
>>17120197
Guy here, but it depends on the frames. Some are unattractive, others look fine. Mine compliment my eyes, so it's not really a point against me.

>>17120242
The big thing is to focus on body language imo. Is she looking away as if she wants to find an escape? Is she closed off? That means she doesn't want to talk, and if you keep trying to force it you'll come off as creepy. If you're aware of your surroundings its not that big of a deal.

>>17120282
>You are better off killing yourself than actually making an earnest attempt to better your life with help from people that have zero empathy for people that have problems they never had trouble with.
Just because you've had some negative experiences it doesnt mean you should try to paint everything one color.
>>
>>17120890
If that was all you had going on, possibly. If you just like doing your nails and have a well rounded life nah.

>>17120761
>Being a 25+ yo (of either gender) who's never been in a relationship seems weird because It suggests:
People are getting weird about it though. I've only had two relationships worth noting at 23, and I've had women comment they had some of those same fears initially.
>>
guys

my boyfriend keeps telling me my features are "unconventional/weird" but that they are beautiful and a "miracle", i have very low self esteem so i feel like he is crapping on me or whatever

how could i just tell him to keep those thoughts to himself? i get offended and it´s irrational cause he actually seems to like my face a lot and even sometimes when we are making out or having sex he stops just to look at me and just gushes about it but every time he brings out that it´s not "conventional" or whatever i feel super shitty

is that rational behaviour from my part?
>>
>>17121003
co-op m8. rent is $540/month.
>>
>>17120835
What is she upset about?

>it really hurts to have someone you like hate your guts because you wanted to be with them
My stalker said the same thing.
>>
>>17120286
I would suggest you question anything about social knowledge that uses the word "impossible"
>>
>>17120133
Girls.

>Meet girl in highschool, we date for 2 years
>Move to different city for university, we break up over distance
>two years later, she attends same university for her Masters, we see each other for the length of her stay
>She leaves, I want to retry distance relationship as I find her to be the love of my life
>Rejected, she's spent too much time feeling shitty about me, "[doesn't] want to miss [me] anymore"

I became a bit of an alcoholic and a pot addict after the fact, and while I got over that, I can't stop feeling depressed and like I ruined the best thing I had in life because of decisions I made. In short, it's my fault. She doesn't talk to me as much anymore, and when we do talk I'm the one starting and finishing conversations. I feel patronized when we chat. Am I crazy? Does she want nothing to do with me? Should I just kill myself?
>>
>>17120248
Go for it! You'll always wonder. Especially because it doesn't seem like you have a very close day to day friendship you could be concerned about.
>>
>>17121066

Not really... to be honest that's more on you for being so insecure about it... especially if it's to the degree that you're actually getting offended...

He sounds like a weirdo too (for using the word miracle <.< wtf?) but he likes you, and that's all you need to know.

Take a chill pill before you sabotage yourself.
>>
>>17121126
Girls and guys,

What is the appeal of angry sex? When I'm pissed off at the bf the last thing I want to do is jump on his dick
>>
>>17121116
first initial B?
>>
>>17121066
Ask him specifically what he means. To me, being objective about your partner isn't wrong (they're the person you find attractive and enjoyable!) and it sounds like he's being vague which is probably what's actually making you feel insecure. Like, you're saying "I think I'm fat" and he says "Babe you're beautiful" he never said you're not fat, y'know? So insecurity happens. Talk to him about what EXACTLY he likes and MAKE SURE you say specifically what YOU like about HIM specifically. If you think that talking about this shit is unimportant, you have a fuck buddy not a partner. Nothing wrong with that but consider the difference, in that one is someone you wanna stick with and the other is the one you just want a stick from.

Conversely, it sounds like you made him feel like he can't just say that your face is hot. Like he wants to be a gentleman and not objectify you, except objecitfy-ing our partners is literally what we're supposed to do. There's nothing wrong with him thinking you're just hot, so again, talk to him and make him say specifically what he likes, to the detail, but be ready to also say what you like to the detail otherwise it's bullshit.
>>
>>17121129
Angry sex isn't actually for being angry at the person, it's a shit name. That said, remember sex isn't a fucking reward, it's intimacy between two people. "Angry sex" is rough sex at the other person that's basically a game you want to win. They frustrated you in just that right way that turns you on, so you try to out fuck them.

If you're mad at them and don't want to have sex, don't have sex. It's not a fuckin prize, and if you treat it like one you're a shit head.
>>
>>17121131
No
>>
>>17121147
But what would be a situation where you'd have "angry" sex? Is it just rough sex or what?
>>
>>17121152
Not necessarily, at least by my definition. I hope you know Naruto cause that's the shittiest most general excuse I can think of right now that I also find entertaining (I'm depressed over my own shit so here goes)

>You're out at a family get together/bar/house party/whatever
>You overhear "Yeah Naruto isn't that great, it's alright I guess"
>You enjoy Naruto for whatever reason and tell bf to go fuck himself because he has shit taste
>Bf says that it's bad because X,Y, and Z
>You say A,B, and C are reasons it's good
>It doesn't settle and you leave (insert event) and return to (insert cave of fuck)
>You're heated so you say "Naruto isn't that bad"
>Bf replies that it's actually pretty bad and your taste is questionable WHILE stepping toward you and removing your clothes/kissing/whatever the fuck i don't know I don't write fanficiton
>You eventually devolve into sex that's fueled by the passion of the argument, and somehow the result of which makes you feel as though you've own

That's all I got anyway, that's how I see "Angry" sex. Again, If you're actually angry at the person, why would you fuck them in the first place?
>>
>>17121168
But in that situation, I'd actually be annoyed at the person, so I wouldn't fuck them. I guess I'm confused about so many people talking about how great angry sex is when my arousal levels go to below zero when I'm pissed off
>>
File: 1453150453758.jpg (40 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1453150453758.jpg
40 KB, 1280x720
Making out with a girl, and she denies you when you try to take off her pants or go for the pussy, says she doesn't want to fuck yet, etc. but you keep going for it every 10 minutes or so. Does she like the persistence provided you respect her "no" or is it a turn-off?
>>
>>17121179
I'd probably never make out with him again and tell all my friends that he's a pushy pervert
>>
>>17121179
man i'm gonna give you the best answer i can, and it's fucked but here we go.

if i really truly don't want any pussy action, no is no and persistence is being an asshole. if i secretly want it then persistence is great. i'm just being straight up, women are fucked, idk how to tell you which mood we're in
>>
>>17121171
So? If you don't get it than stop giving a fuck. Are those peeople dating your bf? NAH. Basically all I'm trying to say is "angry" sex is a myth that get permeated by couples that are more in it for the sex than they are for the relationship (as in they don't have to like each other, they just fuck, hence arguments leading to fucking). Don't be afraid to be selfish about your needs or wants, or to shut down shit you don't like. It's your relationship, do that shit how you want.

If you don't want to change your wants, they aren't worth changing for. If you want to change, then you're in long-term territory and it's time to consider your own opinion over that of strangers on the internet.
>>
>>17121179
Don't listen to this fuckwit >>17121184, if she wanted you to get into her pants she'd let you.
>>
>>17121191
>>17121171
"Angry" = "Passionate" in the eyes of illiterates or unimaginatives. Hope I helped. Kindly consider
>>17121116
If you have time.
>>
>>17121179
For real listen to >>17121192

If the girl cuts you off the first time, trying again isn't going to work. Girls aren't fucking mysterious, if you didn't want someone in your shit and they tried to get into your shit anyway would you let them? You trying again over and over solidifies you in their mind as an asshole and makes your chances go from whatever they were to an instant 0%
>>
>>17121200
Really? Are you saying (if you're a guy), you've never tried 3, 4, 5 or more times before she eventually gave it up? And if you're a girl you're saying you've never given it up after him several times of trying?

The idea here isn't to push her into it if she doesn't want it, but to see if she's at the point that she does. Her feelings can change over the course of an encounter.
>>
>>17121207
Not that anon, but if you want to be labelled creepy and rapey, then go for it.
>>
>>17121207
Yes I'm absolutely saying that in every situation I've ever been with a girl that if I tried and she said no, that I stopped.

Life isn't a fucking movie or an anime where persistence = reward in relationships. It's the same as someone walking up to you and selling you something, like a shitty old vacuum

>I don't need a vacuum
>No like this is the best vacuum
>No I'm good, my vacuum is fine/I have hardwood/whatever
>But for real buy my vacuum
>Get off my doorstep
>Just buy the vacuum
>No
>DO IT
>If I buy the vacuum will you leave?
>Sure
>Alright fine

See how retarded you sound?
>>
>>17121232
A makeout session isn't comparable to selling a vacuum.
>>
i got in a fight with a girl i was interested in and she blocked me from communicating with her.

Around the same time she told me a shitton about herself that shes basically never told anyone.

Ive always realized somethings off about her. Im almost 100% positive that she is bipolar, and i really think she needs to see a psychiatrist to be on medication. I know it would help her a lot, but shes blocked me from everything and threatened to get a restraining order.

IDK what to do cause i am almost 100% positive why shes so crazy. Basically all of the symptoms fit.
>>
>>17121279
Hope this helps.

My mom, my sister, and about half of my cousins are bipolar. It's more or less a miracle that I'm not. The fact is, they are in complete control of their space until they let you do it. What I mean is, if you've been in an argument specifically about how they are (even about how they may be bipolar), and WON, then they have let you into their space (tentatively).

Otherwise, there is nothing to be done but to be available. Never ever tell them what to do, but feel free to suggest things. Bipolar people aren't ignorant to outside help, but they'll often think that they can succeed without it (basically because BP is something you notice in yourself and cope with even if you don't call it BP). Feel free to hang out, but know that if you cross the wrong boundary they will put you on their shit list for all of eternity and there is nothing you can do about it until they decide you aren't (and also you don't get ot know the boundaries.) Be the person that understands them but isn't afraid of them even a tiny bit. Never question yourself in your understanding of them. If you fail, desu you just aren't the right person and there isn't shit you can do about it. If you succeed they'll never let go of you regardless of how much you may want to in the future.
>>
>>17121264
See but, you didn't say "I made out with her, failed, then tried to make out with her again" you said, and I quote:

>she denies you when you try to take off her pants or go for the pussy, says she doesn't want to fuck yet

So you already suck cock at defending your own arguments, let alone getting pussy. Again, If you go for her pants and she says no, and you try again, you have absolutely guaranteed yourself as 100% not fuckable for being a 100% asshole. I still fail to understand how you fail to realize the fallacy in not only your argument, but your actions. Kindly refer to you being a shite vacuum salesman for reference.
>>
Why is the vagina part of panties made of different material?
>>
Is 6.5inch x 5.2inch good enough?
>>
>>17121307
how should i word it to her that i think she has BP and that she really needs to see a psychiatrist. I really care about her and i read that people who go undiagnosed as bipolar have an extremely high rate of suicide.

and holy fuck that sounds exactly like her. She gets mad for no reason and never tells me what the boundaries are.
>>
Is posting pics asking for advice allowed?
Need some advice about my appearance.
I am balding and have a weak chin so I've been trying out the beard shaved head look. Problem is I don't know if I should keep the beard or shave it because its a bit patchy and looks scraggly sometimes, but helps make my jaw and chin more defined.
>>
>>17121334
Alright so first of all don't tell her that she has a high rate of suicide. Think about it from your point of view: IF she is experiencing these feelings. You're already frustrated all the time, but happy other times, and may or may not often think of suicide. If someone walked up and said "I think you're going to kill yourself so listen to me" you'd tell them to fuck right off.

Ask her if she would consider sitting down and talking about herself, and be willing to intro with talking about yourself.

This does not mean saying "Y'know sometimes I wanna kill myself, do you?" or any variant. Just hang out, if you want to rig it so that the two of you are alone in a space that she is comfortable in (this means she is comfortable, not you think she's comfy in you bedroom or some shit) then go for it, but respect that she doesn't need to be coddled. She isn't dead yet so clearly she doesn't need your help staying alive, respect that.

Last step is to just say so. In my experience, that's the thing with anyone important to you, especially someone suffering from BP. Say your piece, don't pretend they're some fragile thing. Again, they aren't dead so clearly your opinion isn't what's keeping them alive so don't think you're so damn important. Say your piece and then listen to what they have to say. Tell them you want to say something and that you want to listen to what they have to say, that their opinion is important to you. After that, like I said it's up to them. BP is not something to be guessed with or controlled, and only the person with BP has any real idea what their decisions will be.
>>
subby girls:
What are some things that a dominant partner could do that would turn you on?
>>
What is the real reason women stay in relationships with abusive men? I don't believe in this "she feels trapped" bullshit. Many of these women seem to genuinely love these guys.
>>
>>17121348
Genuinely thinking that it's the way relationships work, that whole "we fight but we make up" mentality.
>>
>>17121348
Variety of factors
>she thinks that the relationship is normal (might have had similar parents etc.)
>Stockholm Syndrome
>fear of repercussion if she tries to leave him
>low self-esteem as a result of the abuse and/or manipulation
>financially or otherwise reliant
>doesn't think anyone would believe her (also to do with manipulation)
>nowhere to go
>kids are involved
>if he's only abusive when e.g. he drinks, then the times he's sober might be good
It goes on, I don't think you could ever come up with a comprehensive list of reasons.
>>
File: IMG_20160507_175234.jpg (498 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160507_175234.jpg
498 KB, 1080x1920
>>17121340
Nobody said no so I'll just post a pic
>>
>>17121140
thanks a lot anon! i did this and we had an honest talk about this (on the phone but he started listing the things he liked about me and his voice got all soft and cute it was weird)

he might be a furry tho kek
>>
Ever heard of a bucket list? It's a list of things you should do before you die. And, seeing as how sex is loads of fun post places to do it at whether it be in public, in the room while some one watches you have sex or in a store changing room. What's your crazy sex story
>>
Guys, can a girl 'get away' with stuff the more attractive she is?
>>
>>17121402

Depends in what you mean by 'get away'
>>
>>17121404
Stuff that would make you mad/annoy you. Like being blunt and telling you that your haircut looks bad when you like it like that, for example.
>>
>>17121402
>>17121412
On a general level, yea, but it also depends on the guy. Alpha men are significantly less likely to take a girl's bullshit regardless of how attractive she is.
>>
girls,

If a girl says shes not looking for relationship but says "if it happens, it happens". wtf does this mean; she has turned down guys in the past because they just flat-out say that they like her. so how is it supposed to happen

we've been close friends for years and we get on really well, so I wanna try and "make it happen" (to use her term)
>>
>>17121412
That's a bad example but I'll still go with a no on your question.
>>
>>17121423
>we've been close friends for years and we get on really well, so I wanna try and "make it happen" (to use her term)
Do you not realize there have been literally billions of guys in your position in history who've tried this and that it's never worked? Just move on bro.
>>
>>17121433
what reason is there to give up though? she hasn't exactly shown any signs as if to say "no" to me
>>
>>17121437
>"We've been close friends" for years
That's why she will say no. That's why you give up. She doesn't see you that way.
>>
>>17120277
8 hours and no one replied. Says volumes about the userbase.
They taste salty, not your normal salty, like salty af. And ye, pussy has the same texture as ketchup, but it's super tasty.
Basically, pussy has the texture of ketchup, but it's real salty.
>>
>>17121444
Tfw you wanted to write salty instead of tastt
>>
>>17121443
i suppose, however she's always been a sheltered girl, it's only since she's turned 18 that she's been given the freedom to do whatever she wants. i.e. go out with guys.

i don't know whether this changes anything. but quite frankly, i don't want to give up for such a shitty reason as "oh, i'm in the friendzone, fml kms" no offence
>>
Ladies, if a friend of yours asks you out, and you turn him down and say we should just stay friends, why don't you stay friends?

Why do you run away and not hang out or respond to normal messages?
>>
>>17121473
I haven't done this myself, but I imagine it might be awkward and she might be cautious about her behaviour being interpreted as a change of heart, so she just chooses to avoid it altogether
>>
>>17121494
But I understand she just wants to be friends. If that's all she wants fine. I'm not going to hang around looking for a sign. Shed have to say "so let's date" for me to realise she changed her mind.

The only time I would look for signs is if she didn't say no, but gave some wishy washy "I'm not ready for a relationship yet" or something which gives the impression there is a chance.
>>
>>17121473
As to not lead him on further. Better to give the cold shoulder so they truly get that a relationship is not going to happen. It will get better with time, show that you are over her by flirting with other girls instead. Then she'll most likely approach you again if you were a good friend when she sees that you are not going to try anything with her again. Are you however a beta orbiter, she most likely want you gone completely from her life. It's basically to not rekindle the fire that was there for the guy.
>>
>>17121505
But I got it. I understood she doesn't want to date. I've invited her out a couple of times as a friend (and not as a one on one, but with a mutual friend) but 0 replies. So I've given up trying to contact her. But shit sucks that I lost a friend over this.
>>
>>17121510
She'll come back. Stop stressing over it.
Your signs of contacting her might be harmless to you, but she might misinterpret it as a form of courtship/I want to be close with you-thing. I think it's good you given up to contact her. Just let it rest for awhile and focus your attention on more important matters.
>>
>>17121520
Thing is, I also need her in a professional capacity. She works on some financial services and I need that help.
>>
>>17121402

MMmm.... To a degree...

See... "Attractive" implies someone's not just physically appealing, but also appealing by personality and other such metaphysical qualities, so in that case yeah, you get cut A LOT of leeway if someone thinks you're attractive.

If you mean someone who's purely physically better looking...

Yeah... there's a slight bias, but that same bias exists for men as well. Go take a basic entry level humanities/anthropology/sociology course.
>>
How the fuck do I talk to women without making an ass of myself? Every time I try I say some total sperg shit that I think is funny but just results in rolled eyes, her walking away, and my friends making fun of me for weeks.
>>
>>17121551
Example?
>>
>>17121561
>go to nerd-themed club event
>hot girl wearing "sexy Darth Vader" thing
>Hi, I guess I could call you "Darth ayyyyy-der!"

My friends are still making fun of me a week later.
>>
>>17121565
Stop trying to be edgy and just say that she looks good or something.
>>
File: tumblr_n6rpigEeUr1rrx588o1_500.gif (670 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n6rpigEeUr1rrx588o1_500.gif
670 KB, 500x281
>>17121573
I know that on an intellectual level, but when it comes down to it retarded shit always escapes my mouth before I can stop it.

I seriously never use reaction images, much less .gifs, but I really don't feel like there's a better way to sum up my feelings about this whole thing.
>>
>>17121565
I'm a girl and I thought that was endearing in a dorky sort of way
>>
>>17121577
At least you tried. Make some nerdier friends and they won't make fun of you. Or if your friends already are foreveralones then just remind them you tried.
>>
>>17121591
I wish the girls I tried to talk to would think so haha.

>>17121603
I suppose so. My friends are nerdy but they're the opposite of foreveralones, most of them are guys that women just flock to with zero effort. That night really sucked because of all the awkward moments where women were totally throwing themselves at my oblivious friend and I couldn't get anybody to give me the time of day.
>>
>>17121623
>I wish the girls I tried to talk to would think so haha.
My boyfriend makes stupid jokes like that, so that's probably half of it, to be honest.
>>
I'm talking with one of my female friends
She is trying to persuade me that "I don't want to talk about this" and "I don't have time to talk about this" but I don't agree

Am I a moron or does she have a twisted mind for meanings ?
The sentence that started the debate was her saying "One my exams are finished, I'll sleep then make a party then sleep again", thinking I would understand that she'd never want to speak of the exams
>>
>>17121633
Honestly that was kind of the way it was in my last relationship too.

It's hard for me not to feel like every girl that likes guys like me has already found another guy like me and settled into a relationship with him. That seems to be the case with pretty much every girl I've "clicked" with since my last breakup, at least. It really bums me out, I feel like maybe it's just impossible to find anybody who's single and compatible with me now that I'm almost 30, and I either need to give everything up and become a completely different person or just give up and go to /r9k/ or something.
>>
Guys: my bf gets crazy horny if i masturbate in front of him. What are things i could do to make this an even more interesting thing for him? What would turn you guys on?
>>
>>17121679
To me, it's already the hottest thing ever so I don't really know what you could do to make it better
Maybe "give up" halfway and ask for his help ?
>>
>>17121679
Ask him for help. Masturbate using his body while he is tied down. If you use toys, have him usethem on you.
>>
>>17121688
Why is that so hot? I thought about trying out different lingery or positions. Any ideas? What about toys?
>>
>>17121694
>masturbate using his body
Good idea! How exactly could i do that?
>>
>>17121696
>I thought about trying out different lingery or positions. Any ideas?
Try to tie him to a chair then masturbate on all fours so he can have a look

>>17121697
>Good idea! How exactly could i do that?
Rubbing on his hands, legs or arms
>>
>>17121679
Everything I can think of would depend on his personal fetishes and preferences.

I have a real thing for certain kinds of lingerie, and it'd drive me wild to watch my GF schlick in them.

I'd never admit this IRL, but I've also always wanted to watch a GF use a pussy pump and masturbate.
>>
girls,

would you consider becoming the gf of a guy who has no friends, no social life nor interesting hobbies?

What if he is slightly overweight and has imperfect skin on top of that?
>>
I'm 21, never dated before this.

Managed to stumble through my first couple dates with success somehow.

Approaching date 3, going to ask her tomorrow or the day after if she's free. So far nothing romantic has happened but we click well and she seems keen to see me when I've asked her out previously.

I'm a bit at a loss now as how to go on. I was thinking about getting a bottle of the wine she likes and going down to a nice park spot near the river at night that's always quiet.

Girls, is this too forward or weird? Should I do something else with her first? She was comfortable enough to accept me giving her a lift last time. I know every person is different in how they'd feel, but I don't know if this is clearly a stupid idea or not.
>>
>>17121783
>SPLOOSH!
>>
>>17121791
I don't get it
>>
>>17121791
okay, tell me at least which of these attributes is the most daunting one
>>
>>17121785

Sounds like you're doing alright. How "forward" that is depends on how you present it / yourself. God speed
>>
>>17121809
Thanks anon. A little bit of reassurance goes a long way for my confidence in this.
>>
>>17121565

Oh, anon...
>>
>>17121423

It means if she develops feelings for someone she'll pursue them, but she has no interest in a relationship for it's own sake.

>been friends for years
>don't understand her well enough to comprehend very clear statements that strangers on the internet can figure out
>want to fuck the friendship and try to trick her into banging you anyway
Good luck.
>>
>>17121803
not that anon, but your crippling insecurity would be the biggest problem...
>>
>>17121368

Look bretty gud to me.
>>
>>17121329

Discharge.
>>
>>17121066
Weird and unconventional doesnt mean ugly or bad, you can have something he doesn't see a lot or cute little imperfections that you can see on people when you spend a lot of time with them

As a guy something like that is more beautiful than "better" looking girls because those girls all look alike and become boring, they are reduced to white noise but things like different hair color pull my attention because its unconventional
>>
>>17121850
I know. I know.

Sometimes I hope there's a sniper about to headshot me.
>>
>>17121066
I once accidentally told my ex that she wasn't "conventionally beautiful."

What actually I meant was that she didn't conform to the standard western supermodel ideal but was still incredibly attractive, but she took it in the worst way possible.

Maybe your BF put his foot in his mouth in a similar way.
>>
What are some tips for a guy to look more handsome/attractive?
>>
>>17121861
>crippling insecurity
you have read me like an open book, even through an image board...

I do not think I can overcome my insecurities,
I am working on my owerweight already...
but my my bad skin will stay forever
and I seem to be unable to solve my social incapabilites...for years now...

ty anon, at least I know that there is no hope for me, might as well focus my time and efforts on achievable stuff
>>
For girls

23 yo kissless virgin here, I have had girls flirt heavily with me but I didn't really know what to do.

Should I lead with physical contact or talking about something sexual? Which is more important at the initial stage? Last time a girl initiated physical contact during a truth or dare game but I only touched her like the game wanted me to and didn't follow up, even though she requested me to touch her.

Touching her wasn't the problem, the problem was when she was flirting with me afterward calling me a strong man but I didn't know how to respond and I kind of just took the compliments without complimenting her back. I fucked up, and even though I was drunk I still wasn't confident enough to go next to her and flirt more because there were a lot of my friends there and it would have been really embarrassing if they all saw me saw me fail.

The point of my question I guess is how fast should a guy initiate flirt/contact once meeting you and how long is it before it's too late? And this might be too general of a question, but what is the best way to initiate flirting?
>>
>>17121881
>no hope for me
instead of trying to be that "stern lone warrior", have you thought about getting professional hehlp for your issues? you seem to struggle. since a long time. maybe it't time to admit that you can't do it all on yourself. talk to your doc about your weight. see a dermatologist for your skin and get a good shrink for your anxiety and insecurity. don't fight medication. at this point, it's a good starting point to get the upper hand again
>>
>>17121887
I was going to say the same thing.

I've been trying to "fix myself" my whole life, and only recently, at nearly 30, have decided that I need help. I can't say for sure that it'll work or not, but don't waste the best years of your life being insecure and depressed because you refuse to accept help or medication. It fucking sucks.
>>
>>17121207

You sound really rapey.
>>
>>17121889
agreed. don't be like my dad and waste your life only to finally cave at 50 and get help. refusing needed help is pretty stupid...
>>
>>17121887
>>17121889
I do not fight medicine
> talk to your doc about your weight
local docs (internists and general practitioner) shown really bad knowledge about dietary intake and sport physiology, I am a human biologist... so I know some stuff about this topic
>dermatologist
have been at at noumber of dermatologists so far over the past 6 years...nothing left they can do
>tried some psychiatrists, but met only people I really could not get along with...was mutual...

so yeah, not a "stern lone warrior" by choice

>>17121902
still insecurities and depression are raising episodically....
>>
>>17121910
>local docs (internists and general practitioner) shown really bad knowledge about dietary intake and sport physiology, I am a human biologist... so I know some stuff about this topic
they don't need to know shit. you need a prescription since it seems like you don't have the willpower to follow trough with the knowledge you already have. which is understandable since you are probably severely depressed.

>nothing left they can do
what's your skin condition then?

>met only people I really could not get along with...was mutual...
it's their job. they can't "not get along with you". my dad used that excuse for 20 years. "they don't get me", "they just want to pump me full with chemicals", "they judge me", "what do they know...", "they can't help me", "i'm not going to tell him THAT". that's the completely wrong attitude. it will never result in something good.
>>
>>17121921
>a prescription
for what? there is no such thing as a muscle pill or fat loss pill....

atm I am bicycling and watching really hard what I eat
but I still am slightly overweight

>it's their job. they can't "not get along with you"
look, it is hard enough to talk to strangers about my private stuff.
I am not seeing someone to get some kind of approval, but if I really can not stand the personality of the therapist, or colloquially we do not ride on the same wave, conversation is just a huge struggle full of misunderstandings e.g. ...
>>
>>17120615

Because it's highly unusual, and a big part of basic lizard-brain survival is about going for safe bets and bewaring red flags. This goes for men and women both. How often do men talk about avoiding crazy eyes, fat girls, sluts, abuse victims, etc.
Literally everybody does it. Literally every species does it. This is how it works.

Humans are highly social creatures, and sealing yourself off from a huge social category for 10 odd years that most other people of the same age have been frolicking in it is fucking weird. MAYBE there's nothing wrong with that person, but people aren't obligated to pretend that it's normal.

And I'm saying all this as a 25 year old permavirgin. Totally by choice on my part, but I'm not going to pretend that having no desire for a relationship doesn't mean odds are good that I'm a little fucked up in some way, or that my lack of experience would no doubt impact me if I suddenly decided to go for it.

Saying it means someone's probably ugly is retarded since plenty of ugly people still get into relationships, and it's blanket shitty behaviour to judge people and treat them badly for no reason. But it's perfectly valid to suspect someone's socially stunted or has some sort of baggage based on this kind of thing, and to choose to avoid being the one to cross that threshold.
>>
>>17121935
>muscle pill or fat loss pill
but there are appetite supressants.

>slightly overweight
then i don't see a problem

you don't "talk to strangers about rivate stuff". you tell them your struggles so they can help you. that's not conversation or small talk. you don't need to get along with them. you don't need to show interest in them. they ask questions, you answer honestly and fully. that's all there is to it. there can't be any misunderstandings. if he asks about your relatinoship with your dad, you tell him about that. how can that lead to misunderstandings? maybe i'm wrong, you can give me an example. but that's how i know it goes down from my own therapy sessions.
>>
>>17121948
well, it is difficult to describe it in retrospect, but briefly:
the seassons started with him or her asking me about my problems, how I see them, how they affect me, where they might have come from, etc. and what I have been doing to solve this problem eventually

so far so good, even if I had to "reveal" something private to fully answere the question,

but as soon as I have finished answering there has never come back some sort of advice or any kind of reflection

also nothing I could have thaught about towards the next session, or something that could make me rethink the decisions I have made maybe under another perspective

I always got the impression the psychotherapist got mesmerised and that somehow I have made everything normally or how I should have behaven...

But I can not belive that I have not made any mistakes, or that everything is alright with my thaught processes since I feel miserable and am unable to make friends...
>>
>>17121031

If everything keeps going well, I'd suggest to tell her you like her and see how she'll react. That's what I usually do. Also, before asking her to be your GF, be sure to know her better. You don't want to find you're not compatible two or three months in the relationship, that happened to me and it fucking sucks.
>>
>>17121980
>but as soon as I have finished answering there has never come back some sort of advice or any kind of reflection
Not all psychiatrists are made equal. Do some research on different methodologies of therapy.
The brick-wall approach is helpful for some people. It's also very very old school therapy.
Try something that focuses on learning skills like coping mechanisms, mindfulness therapy, cognitive behavioral therapy, the like.
If you don't like one, move on. It's okay.
>>
>>17121980
>had to "reveal" something private to fully answere the question

that's the whole point of a therapy? it gives you someone to fully discolsure without the added ocial consequences...

my sessions don't go down any different. my thearpis asks me questions. that's the best approach. she's not your coach. she's there to help you dig away the shit and get down to the roots and basics again by asking exactly the right questions.
it takes about a month of just telling your story till you might get to the point where you scratch on the real issues. you will come across topics that hit you HARD. unexpectedly. you will think that's womthing you have closed down a long time ago and then it crashes over you like it has been yesterday. those are the "gems" you are digging for and that you probably will never touch again if it wasn't for a psychiatrist knowing how to gently steer you towards it.

>cognitive behavioral therapy

do that if you need a more actve aproach.

but i stronlgy suggest that you try the conventional methode once again, opening up fully and really participating. she has no chance to help you if you hold back informations. even the smallest and at first glance most meaningless detail can be one of the "gems".
>>
>>17121659
Wait so is this how it went?

>Friend: Once my exams are finished, I'll sleep then make a party then sleep again
>You: How's the studying going?
>Friend: I don't really want to talk about my exams.
>You: I'm confused. Why would you bring it up then? You obviously do actually want to talk about it.
>Friend: Come on, let's talk about sleep or partying or something
>>
>>17122011
>>17121999 (nice trips)

I would like to have a converstion... but it was always onesided... I gained nothing from it
nothing I knew already, nothing knew I have not asked myself already...

It was just a frustrating time loss
>>
>>17122016
No, she said the sentence some days before her exams
Then, 3 days after the end of her exams, I asked her how it went
Then she kind of threw a fit about me forgetting she said she wouldn't want to talk about it
>>
>>17122040
>I would like to have a converstion

do i need to repeat myself?
you don't go to therapy to have a CONVERSATION.
you do that with people you associate with in private settings.
you are there for therapy, not to drink coffee and gossip.
>>
>>17122096
but that's the fucking point....
I just had conversation at therapy so far, it was utterly useless...
>>
>>17122129
sorry, misread your post.

how was it a conversation if she asks questions and you answer them?
i get that you think she should be more "interactive", but that's also not the point of therapy
>>
>>17122134
then maybe this therapy is not for me
>>
>>17122143
it's for anyone willing to really work on themselfe
>>
>>17122171
maybe I just should die...
>>
>>17122189
i really don't think so.
just because you think you can go to therapy and the shrink will tell you how to magically get rid of ally our problems, you don't have to kill yourself.
what you DO need to do is trust them to know what the hell they are doing. let them do their thing and try to help them by giving them every available info to a question.
>>
Girlfriend was all lovey dovey when we hung out the past few days and said how she hated saying goodbye because she wanted to stay with me even longer and then BAM the next 3 days she's been moody and giving me a half arsed cold shoulder saying there's nothing wrong. It legit confuses me. What is going on?
>>
>>17122206

pms
>>
guys:

>be 22yo average girl
>skype frequently almost every day with male friend
>i admit to liking male friend and he reciprocates
>he mentions going on a date when i visit
>tells me that i'm all he thinks about sometimes
>says talking to me makes him happy
>sudden radio silence for 1.5 weeks
>see him posting elsewhere
>see that he has been hanging out with friends
>last message from me remains "unread", it was a simple hello

i don't understand how someone goes from hot to cold so quickly. what did i do wrong here?

i'm really sad he just stopped talking to me for no reason, should i even bother asking what happened or should i just take the hint and make a swift exit?
>>
>>17122212
he met a girl and doesn't need you for instant validation anymore. sucks.
move on.
>>
>>17122210
I thought i'd weathered that storm with her 2 weeks or so ago though
>>
>>17122212
I am stumped too. I often hear of girls abruptly cutting off girls.
Probably give him a few more days, maybe something sudden came up and he got busy?

That has happened to me before. Or maybe you need to move on.
>>
>>17122227
is she not usually moody that often?
there's also peak fertility that messes with your hormones and pms starts one to two weeks prior to the actuall menstruation.

however, it was just an idea.
have you worded your concerns to her?
>>
>>17121783
Dude...
>>
>>17122253
It's not the first time she's been like this but it winds me up every time where she goes from hot to cold over night. It just throws me off every time. I told her my concerns but she said not to worry and that she's fine. It just winds me up cos I don't feel I should have to put up with this every time she randomly goes cold on me
>>
>>17122286
have you told her that it's not only about you worrying about her being ok but you going trough hell when she does that? she needs to show some empathy for your emotions too
>>
>>17122289
I will when I next see her but she gets really moody when I point out that she's acting moody and denies it. Not that I should just grin and bare it. Relationships work two ways and whilst I'm willing to compromise I don't have to sell myself short like this
>>
>>17122292
well, i guess her reacting like that has a lot to do HOW you word things.
if you tell her she's MOODY, you have already lost colossaly. you basically just acted very condescending and like her emotions aren't important. that's no way to threat a gf.
tell her that you feel like she needs some alone time and that's perfectly fine, but that she should let you know if that's the case since it is very hard on you if she just acts distant out of nowwhere. that way you acknowledge her emotions and tell her yours so she can act acordingly.
>>
>>17122302
Yeah I never thought about wording it differently. I didn't even mean to be that condescending but now you point it out I can see how it would come across that way. Cheers anon
>>
To the girls
Do rebound relationships ships work?
Have you ever been in one?
Why do they move so fast?
How long till you moved onto your rebound?
How long did it last?
Why did it end?
>>
>>17122317
I don't know why I added the extra "ship", phone fucked me over
>>
>>17120139
I wouldn't care and would like to know, simply because it turns me on to hear stories of the sexual past of people I like. It's a shame that you did not enjoy it but still nice. Plenty of people feel differently about past experiences though, this is by no means a universal opinion...
>>
>>17120286
>I've heard that it's impossible to get friendzoned after having sex.
This is retarded bullshit. It is very possible that she was only ever interested in you as an easy hook up. It is very possible that she was interested in more but so turned off with how the sex turned out that she's lost interest. More options, still.
>>
>>17122308
i'd STRONGLY suggest you get more into proper communication. there are some basic rules. if you don't follow them, drama is programmed.
>>
italian herb and cheese bread or italian whitebread?
>>
File: 1460852108286.jpg (210 KB, 1092x724) Image search: [Google]
1460852108286.jpg
210 KB, 1092x724
>>17122317
Please respond.
>>
>>17122292
>meet a girl
>end up hooking up like third day hanging out
>make it a regular thing with nothing attatched outside of friendship
>she messages me first everyday
>casually mentions something about wanting tickets for an event but waiting to get paid
>buy her a ticket and bring over dinner I was making since I had extra + no one to share with
>again, did it out of friendship, she seemed greatful for it
>hasn't messaged me since

That was Thursday night and no response out of that. To be honest I'm not looking for a long term relationship with her, and she stated she wasn't interested in dating anyone currently, it was strictly a platonic thing I was doing for a friend, which I would do for any of my friends. It was also the first thing I've ever bought for her too, which she initially was upset but I told her to not worry about it.

Did I do something wrong and mess up my fuckbuddy/friend relationship dynamic?? Yeah we just initially started out using each other for sex but we do have common interests and hang out without the persuit of sex as well, just seems strange that she may have went cold on me. Then again she could be busy with shit too and I may be way overthinking it. Should I just wait for her to contact me?
>>
>>17121895
You sound like a cuck or a woman who has no idea what she wants.
>>
>>17122367
Firstly, from how worried this has you, it sounds like it's really not platonic. If it was a platonic/fuck buddy situation emotionally, you wouldn't really care about the frequency in which she talks to you.
Secondly, if you actually have feelings for this girl and you brush it off as this platonic thing to make yourself seem more approachable to her, you're going to get hurt.
Lastly, she's probably just busy mayne. Might even feel bad about you doing all that shit for her and feel pressured.

Just my two cents anyway anon.
>>
>>17122317
Everyone is different,
Being someone else's second option should never be a man's first option. If that makes any sense.
>>
>>17122089

The proper response:

"Ouch, that bad huh? Well don't worry about it, half the time the exams you feel like you did the worst at, you actually did your best at.

Anyway, you up for major partying this weekend?"

>>17122212
>i don't understand how someone goes from hot to cold so quickly. what did i do wrong here?

Could be he met someone else, could be it got too real for him and he freaked out, could be he realized a long distance would never work (I'm making the assumption that that's what you are), could be half a hundred different reasons.

And here's the thing, knowing what that reason is won't make it any better. Instead of obsessing over the why, you'll shift to obsessing over trying to convince him his reason is wrong, and you'll get absolutely nowhere.

Ultimately, he's made his choice and there's nothing you can do but move on.

>>17122317
>rebound relationships

Not a chick but what a rebound basically is is a
quick, low commitment way of subconsciously reassuring and comforting yourself that you are desirable and also sometimes as a way of sating some of the loneliness you might feel from not having fully transitioned out of having someone close to you for so long.

Some times the rebound happens with someone of the exact same type--as a kind of way to reassure yourself that it can work--and sometimes as the exact opposite type--as a sot of backlash for all the frustrations that you built up while in the previous relationship.

Typically it ends as soon as whatever insecurities you had while going in are sated.

The reason why is because rebounds tends to be extensions of a previous relationship and inherit their same unresolved problems, issues, and burdens--and the rebound is a kind of way to fix/release them in the persons own mind.

Oh and before someone goes on some rant and calling people bitches, this shit is all unintentional (and it's part on you for pushing the relationship when they're obviously still hurting from the last)
>>
This is open to anyone. I just really need advice. I've been dating this girl for a few weeks now, and it's going great. We have a ton in common and I legitimately enjoy spending time with her, and I'm sure she feels the same about spending time with me. But whenever I'm out with friends, likely a few drinks deep, I see random women at the club/bar/whatever and suddenly become conflicted between wanting to pursue this girl I'm dating and wanting to hookup with as many attractive women as I can. When I'm sober, all I want is this girl I'm dating.

Is this common? I honestly feel conflicted as fuck.
>>
>>17122602

It happens. But you should probably deal with it by:
1.) Not freaking out about it as much (because if you do, you basically negatively reinforce the behavior and turn it in to a taboo you want to break)
2.) Not drink as much
3.) Start an actual relationship with this girl
>>
>>17122602
The first responding anon is wise.

I would say don't drink so much because, you KNOW it makes you do things you wouldn't normally do (things that could have very negative consequences)
Don't let booze ruin your life.
>>
>>17122602
I'm assuming you're a guy, right? A young one at that?

It's literally you, trying to fight every single urge that was imprinted in you from birth.
Fuck, Fuck, Fuck, Mate, Mate, Mate.

I don't understand guys that get all hung up on this. You're a worthy guy, just by having to literally fight every single instinctual urge you get to stay faithful to a girl. You should be proud of yourself you haven't gone wayward. If she's worth it, you'll stay on the path.
>>
>>17122615
>>17122610
>>17122617
The booze really only puts the thoughts into my head. I wouldn't act on it even if I'm totally fucked up. Infidelity is one of the worst things imaginable in my eyes when it comes to relationships, and while I can safely say I wouldn't act on the thoughts, I still can't help but see someone when I'm out and instinctively think "damn son".
>>
>>17122624 here (con't)

Forgot to say thanks for the responses, guys. I opened up about this to my friends and they pretty much told me the same thing. They can tell I'm super into this girl (based on what I tell them about her, our dates...etc) and keep telling me to not think about the thoughts too much and keep seeing this girl. I know it's partly (or mostly, whatever) biological urges, but yeah, I dunno. Thanks for the reassurance though, anons.
>>
Guys, would you get tired of having your dick sucked two or three times a day most days? Would you not say so if your girl liked doing it that often?
>>
>>17122640

As long as your'e careful with the teeth, hell no.
>>
>>17122640
I have to imagine there is a limit but, I figure her jaw would tire out before my dick would.
But, that would be a really hard limit to reach.
>>
>>17122640
Most guys would say no, but I think that's a definite yes.

Once you start doing something daily, it becomes mundane, it starts losing that certain appeal towards it.

Yes, blowjobs are amazing and I doubt most guys would complain receiving one. But the best kinds of blowjobs are the ones you've waited days for, the ones that she teases you about, the ones that she makes you yearn for.

My wife is exactly like this, and I prefer it over duplicated factory churned blowjobs on the robotic daily.

Everyone's different though.
>>
>>17120133
Why are women bad at math? Is it because they are inferior species incapable of grasping the basics of STEM Degrees?

Is that why most women just do humanities as a major?

Seriously in my engineering class I look left nothing but dudes, I look right nothing but dudes.

There's like one chick but she's a lesbian.
>>
Guys:

How do you make it obvious that you are interested in girls?
>>
>>17122710
It is because we legit don't have that part of our brains. Men are superior in intellect.
>>
>>17122724
Not sucking dick might be a good start.
>>
>>17122734
Okay, I maybe should have phrased that differently.
How can a girl tell whether or not a guy likes her?
>>
>>17122740

When he's not sucking a dudes dick.
>>
Guy asking grill.
Do girls really feel anything while you're getting your nipples sucked/licked? Is it really pleasurable or is my girlfriend acting just because i like to suck on them?
>>
>>17122753
Naa man, you need to give her analingus if you want her pussy to twitch.
>>
>>17122753
Guy but my ex always wanted me to do it
I love it so it was great

Hers were sensitive and she would twitch and her legs would cramp up

The one before felt nothing
>>
>>17122693
Kinda agree but depends on your sex drive too

I dont like teasing but my ex had the same sex drive so we could do it every day and not get bored
>>
>>17120890
I know this is early in the thread but no. If you love polish and even being "artsy" with it, more power to you. I actually kind of admire girls who can paint intricate designs in their nails, given the small "workspace".
>>
>>17120139
I wouldn't care but I'd love to know, but just because I'd love him to be totally open with me (just if he wants to tell me)
>>
>>17122753
I'm sure that varies from person to person as most things do, but my nipples are very sensitive. I wear padded bras because with normal bras it actually becomes hurtful/sore throughout the day, but if I wear something like a soft, silky shirt it turns me on just walking around, not to mention actually having them sucked/licked.
But again that'll differ from girl to girl, I know there's people for whom nipple stimulation does absolutely nil.
>>
>>17120197
I have a thing about guys with glasses and I love it desu
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.