[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Army recruiter
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: feldpost-horn.jpg (201 KB, 1200x1076) Image search: [Google]
feldpost-horn.jpg
201 KB, 1200x1076
20/M poorfag.
I keep getting mail from various recruiters trying to get me to join the army. At first, I was like fuck that, but the opportunities being offered to me are increasing every time I ignore them. Back when I was in highschool, I did ROTC and CAP and had expressed my interest in joining the army as an officer to several generals, majors, colonels. Apparently they submitted several glowing recommendations, and now it's actually a viable option.
After highschool my interest in the army disappeared, but they keep dangling nifty contracts in my face, and I'm wondering if its actually worth taking a few years of shit to be financially stable.
What does /adv/ think?

tl;dr, I'm poor and the army can fix that, but I'm not sure I want to deal with the bullshit that comes with it.
>>
>>17119405
Are you in college now? If so, how many credits? You can automatically start at a slightly higher rank depending on your hours.
>0-29 hours = E1
>30-59 hours = E2
>60+ without completion = E3
>graduated = E4
>>
>>17119577
not in college, but the contracts offered are for 0-7 (i immediately enter officer training)
>>
>>17119589
What? You literally cannot be an officer without a degree (along with a direct commission, ROTC, or OCS).
>>
>>17119599
Usually, no.
However I got personal recs from a three star general, and made friends with a couple other pentagon characters.
>>
>>17119602
Well then. I don't know what kind of dealings you have going on, but all I can say in in a general sense, go for it. It sounds like a great opportunity. I always heard the fastest way to get through basic is to get through basic.

For more opinions, I'd suggest the enlistment threads on /k/. I personally hate /k/ as a whole, but that particular thread will give some good insights and multiple opinions.
>>
>>17119621
Thanx.
I realize these types of opportunities don't just get handed out to every asshole on the block, but I've had a taste of the military lifestyle and I don't know if I want to commit to the bullshit.
>>
>>17119635
well anon just realize you're signing six years away minimum whatever you do. The military is not glamorous, will not pay you more than you would make on the outside, and you will have your life owned by your commanding officers. Most educated people take it as a very last resort. Think long and hard about this before you essentially lose your freedom and independence
>>
>>17119649
Sincerely noted.
Thanx.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.